Behringer D Synth - Full Analog, Eurorack compatible, No Keys, 400$

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mutant wrote:
db3 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:MIDI over USB, I would assume.
Perhaps they'll also do a preset manager/editor ala Deepmind.
That is impossible on an analog driven synth. :)
The only thing that is digital in the Behringer is its MIDI to CV circuit.
Surprised by that, I thought it would still be digitally controlled analog.

Of course not, if it's gonna be a 1:1 Model D clone. What they added was about what was possible in order not to mess with the schematic to the order of adversely affecting key ingredients of what Minimoog really is.

More like not adversely affecting the price!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:More like not adversely affecting the price!
Exactly, would add another couple of hundred to the price
Amazon: why not use an alternative

EvilDragon wrote:Of course not, if it's gonna be a 1:1 Model D clone. What they added was about what was possible in order not to mess with the schematic to the order of adversely affecting key ingredients of what Minimoog really is.
Without looking into the details I didn't realise they were going full-on 1:1. In that case I applaud Behringer's approach—from the latest videos it certainly seems to have paid off.

xalama qo wrote:^^nice. I was just thinking I'd rather B did an SH-101 clone than a Mini. Let's see what else is cooking.

A lot of people prefer these types of synths without presets regardless of price...

donato wrote:

A lot of people prefer these types of synths without presets regardless of price...
Irrespective of price, if you have digitally controlled analog with e.g. digital envelopes as synths like the Minilogue/SE-02 have, it's no longer a Model D.

It's not the case that Behringer has left those features out to hit a price point. You have to depart from what the Model D is to deliver those features. This is why Moog never did this in their reissue.

It's a sensible choice - if you did that you'd end up with something in even more direct competition with the SE-02. It's really amazing that we've got such great choice/options if you ask me.

Everything I have seen says behringer model d has analig VCO, VCF, VCA and LFO. If they sound like a moog surely it is a clone
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Image Image Image Image

Nice review - obviously an ELP fan :)

I don't understand why preserving the mystique of minimoog would rule out using ADSR four knob envelopes, and add a switch to disable the fourth knob if one wants the envelope crippled the same way as the original?

I liked minimoog ok but the 3 knob envelopes were rather limiting.

I advise skippin the first 3 minutes of horrible tweaking, then it is a decent review.

EDIT: it has CV out both for the Filter ENV and the Amp Env.
see Synthpro's video below
Last edited by olikana on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

The first 3 mins are the best bit

even the Filter Env has CV OUT. so should be able to make pitch modulated sounds by sending it to OSC1 pitch IN.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksJHmumkV2s
just needs an optional keyboard to attach to it, like the boutique SE 02 has, then I'm sold. From what I heard so far it has a warmer sound than the SE-02.
Last edited by olikana on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”