Best Vst Synth Arpeggiator?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello i did a lot of arps for Sylenth1,just a few for Synthmaster and now start to work with Synthmaster One so my experience is kind of limited when it comes to different synths arpeggiators.Want to ask what vst synth in your opinion has the best arp section and why.Thanks.

Waldorf Largo has a excellent arp that can do chords and mono notes in the same arp sequence like Kirnu can + lots of other tricks :)

Thanks for u reply - i know Sylenth1 arp well and as everything else of it its very easy for programming-combined with the sweet sound it's real pleasure to make syl1 arps...sometimes play something on my guitar then transform it to syl1 arp,but now i start to develop more stuff for Synthmaster + One and it's arp is quite interesting too-i'd say it's similar to the sylenth1 but somehow more musical in my opinion - Synthmaster somehow gives you this feeling of expensive hardware synth and One is so easy like syl1 ... still learn it so will comment when made more stuff.Somebody with Dune2 or Spire experience?

I really like Spire's arpeggiator. Very easy to use, and it can do quite a few things. It's obviously inspired by the arp in Sylenth1, it has the same modes, but offers a bit more functionality.

FM8, Predator2, Blue2, Zebra, Hive, Avenger also has great Arps.

ok if you want a synth with an arp than i think nothing can beat the complexity of meldas mpowersynth

in short it has a polyphonic arp which works in the melda style

for me i needed to look at the manual for first time to understand

and the arp window is detachable so you can change it,use in on another screen and resize it as you wish
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Hybrid 3 does wonders for me, mostly thanks to built-in sequencer. It may not be the most sophisticated composing tool I guess, but can generate crazy grooves and sequences.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Personally, given the choice, I stopped using built-in arpeggiators and only use an external vst, currently BlueARP.
This way I always get the same familiar arpeggiator/sequencer system on everything, meanwhile allowing to switch or compare synths keeping the same arpeggiator settings.
Last thing, I also like not having to worry about how good or bad (or absent) the arpeggiator is when purchasing a new synth.

Best? :shrug:

The ones that I've used and feel give good results, in no particular order:

Predator.
Blue 2.
Sylenth.
Nexus.
Retrologue.

My two penneth. :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Omnispher has the best it just works well for music. I use Max4Live in Ableton with other synths.

I am really excited what i do now with Synthmaster One arp in combination with Sylenth1 - sometimes i translate guitar plying and motifs into synth arps ,other just improvisations but in 99% of the time most beautiful things happens unexpected as result of curiosity and following the motto 'What if' :):):)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-ZqLR ... rZ&index=3

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”