VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EQuivocate

do_androids_dream wrote:
jens wrote:
ariston wrote:
On a side note: doesn't anyone dare release a plugin nowadays without presets by Richard Devine? I swear, he's everywhere.
He's the Jordan Rudess of tarnce...
Dude :D I hope that's sarcasm.. RD's about as far removed from tarnce as you can get. But yeah, he does a lot of plugin endorsing these days.
tarnce or EDM, as they use to call it nowadays - s'all the same synth-ladden drivel to me anyway... :razz:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Teksonik wrote: I just put it on the Master of a piece I had been working on and it melted my CPU (no, it's an i7). So far I'm getting....too much Latency to be used on my guitar although it's like getting a doubler as a bonus and too CPU heavy to put on a relatively simple mix. Shame as I do like the concept.
Hi Teksonik,

Sorry, the latency is part of it. It's really a mixing and mastering tool, so latency compensation shouldn't be a problem, right?

The CPU usage is probably related to the meters. It uses the GPU to render the meters but if you don't have one (*cough* 13" Mac book) you'll have to turn the meters of using the METERS button in the preset bar.

Dan (from Newfangled Audio)
Last edited by DGillespie on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

AnX wrote: How many ppl do you expect to buy it when its been given away free for 6 weeks to start with :lol:
Ah - so you doubt that they sell any Ultrachannel licences at all? :lol: (<- lauging about you, if that's not entirely clear to you)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Aloysius wrote:H910 Harmonizer Free :o
The H910 is free for all Presonus product owners, but the one offered through Presonus excludes the Dual Harmonizer version unfortunately. No complaints though!

Aloysius wrote: I got 'Newfangled-EQuivocate' Free.

:hihi:

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Russell Grand wrote:
The H910 is free for all Presonus product owners, but the one offered through Presonus excludes the Dual Harmonizer version unfortunately. No complaints though!
Just visited my Presonus account, thinking i could grab it for free.. turns out you'll have to own a Presonus hardware product. Oh well.

chk071 wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
Just visited my Presonus account, thinking i could grab it for free.. turns out you'll have to own a Presonus hardware product. Oh well.
Not to get too far off topic, but, you need more than just Presonus hardware. You need specific Presonus hardware. I have Presonus hardware but not any that qualifies me for their plugin pack. Not that I care about the 910, I have that already. Just to clarify for others if they are thinking about this when buying hardware, check the list first.

I salute Eventide and the developer, innovative interface, interesting concept. I just installed it but haven´t really had time to investigate the latency or CPU issues, turning off the meters etc.
I have most of the Eventides - missed all the previous free ones but bought those.
Its great that we get new concepts - although the match-Eq isn´t anyhting new, but how to do it, makes the difference. This one fits to specific purposes. :tu:

ghettosynth wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
Not to get too far off topic, but, you need more than just Presonus hardware. You need specific Presonus hardware. I have Presonus hardware but not any that qualifies me for their plugin pack. Not that I care about the 910, I have that already. Just to clarify for others if they are thinking about this when buying hardware, check the list first.
Yeah, Audio Interfaces only it seems... Fortunately, I already have all the Eventide plugins except the
funky(looking) Tverb...

ghettosynth wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
Yeah, should have stated. You need a Presonus audio interface, or mixer, and it needs to have been bought after 1st of January 2017, as described here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/presonus

jens wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
jens wrote:
ariston wrote:
On a side note: doesn't anyone dare release a plugin nowadays without presets by Richard Devine? I swear, he's everywhere.
He's the Jordan Rudess of tarnce...
Dude :D I hope that's sarcasm.. RD's about as far removed from tarnce as you can get. But yeah, he does a lot of plugin endorsing these days.
tarnce or EDM, as they use to call it nowadays - s'all the same synth-ladden drivel to me anyway... :razz:
Speechless.. :help: :lol:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

:hihi:

TBH I think I never heard a complete track from that guy - I basically only know him from his endorsements (presets, etc.) which are not my cup of tea at all - whenever I try one of his presets I use to wonder "what the f**k are people gonna do with that?" - I applaude you if you can make good use of them. :lol:

It's completely over the top for me for the most part of it - and not in a good - or useable - way.

It is an interesting plugin but I am finding it frustrating to use as I keep accidentally grabbing bands next tot he one I am trying to adjust. If you click and hold to drag and then go slightly off angle it picks up the next band, really if you click and hold you want it just to change the band you clicked on. Some of this may be due to me using it on a 4K monitor dunno

Keith99 wrote:It is an interesting plugin but I am finding it frustrating to use as I keep accidentally grabbing bands next tot he one I am trying to adjust. If you click and hold to drag and then go slightly off angle it picks up the next band, really if you click and hold you want it just to change the band you clicked on. Some of this may be due to me using it on a 4K monitor dunno
Try turning off the "DRAW CURVE" button or just use the shift key to temporarily switch between DRAW CURVE modes.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

Googly Smythe wrote:TANSTAAFL
Nice Larry Niven reference there :D

Wow, this thing is great, really superb. Doesn't hurt my CPU (1.5% on an i5) and sure, there's tons of latency, but I would never track through this.

I tried EQ matching a commerical song to one of mine and wow, I was super impressed. I thought my track was pretty good and then after eq-matching, it sounded pretty bad with EQuivocate bypassed :(

For $99 I could see this being really successful, but for $0 right now, this is just insane. Dan, what a great plugin and a great give-away, thank you.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Return to “Effects”