Unfiltered Audio SpecOps: Available Now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampleconstruct wrote: I installed the release version before testing and it clearly says version 1.0.0 in the credits/about page. I just downloaded it from my user account.
Could you try reinstalling with the installers on the product page? We made the mistake of not putting a "b" or "rc" on the pre-release credits pages. :dog:

thelizard wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: I installed the release version before testing and it clearly says version 1.0.0 in the credits/about page. I just downloaded it from my user account.
Could you try reinstalling with the installers on the product page? We made the mistake of not putting a "b" or "rc" on the pre-release credits pages. :dog:
Ok, I'll try that now.

thelizard wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
thelizard wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:There is a bug in the release version which wasn't present in the last Beta version, dialing in the Contrast module produces immediate overloads which kill the output, the meters go into the red and stay like that until the plugin is removed and re-inserted. That's on Mac OS 10.12.6 using Logic 10.3.2 on a Mac Pro 12-core (the latest ashtray model).
Hi Simon,

Can you e-mail me a copy of the preset where this is occurring? We've had trouble on-and-off with the Contrast effect causing NaN outputs. We thought we had finally squashed it, but it sounds like you found another instance. Typically, the bug occurs with its interaction with other effects.
I wasn't using a preset, just selecting the contrast module and then tweaking the parameters, it always occurs here so it should be reproducible on your end.
Can anyone else reproduce the bug? I can't reproduce it here.

Did you install the release version through the PA Installation Manager or through the installers on the product page? If you installed it through PAIM, I'm wondering if there's a weird installation bug occurring because of your beta status.
If that can help, here also on OSX 10.12.6 but in Ableton Live (AU version of the plugin), Contrast is clean and I can't reproduce Simon's bug neither.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
thelizard wrote:
Ok, I'll try that now.
Fixed, the release version in my user account is from August 14th, the one from the product page is from August 29th, has no issues with the contrast-module and also comes with many more presets - I wondered why all of my presets had been neglected :)

Very interesting tool, look forward to going DEEPER...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fixed, the release version in my user account is from August 14th, the one from the product page is from August 29th, has no issues with the contrast-module and also comes with many more presets - I wondered why all of my presets had been neglected :)
Yeah :oops: I got them from PA shortly after the final build was sent to Leverkusen. Your presets will make it into the next build for sure!

thelizard wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fixed, the release version in my user account is from August 14th, the one from the product page is from August 29th, has no issues with the contrast-module and also comes with many more presets - I wondered why all of my presets had been neglected :)
Yeah :oops: I got them from PA shortly after the final build was sent to Leverkusen. Your presets will make it into the next build for sure!
They are already in the release version I downloaded from the product page, all is good.

Processing one of my Groove Agent Kits with SpecOps using a custom preset, tweaking things on the fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlgjEfct1FE

Very nice Simon!

Playing with SpecOps, I cant help but wonder if it would be possible
or even interesting to make a low res spectral modulator. Perhaps
it could employ freq window shifting or even rudimentary image filtering.

-Cheers

thelizard wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:SpecOps does not work on: Microsoft Windows XP.
95?
I am serious.
On the product page, the system requirements listed are Windows 7+. If you purchased it and are unable to use it, you could request a refund from https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html

We had to remove support for XP, Vista, and OSX 10.6 + 10.7. We needed to switch to C++11 to support the ROLI Blocks and to add a lot of important optimizations to our code. Switching to C++11 also gave us a cleaner codebase for quicker bug identification.
I have to look elsewhere for totally brand new spectral processors , (which must work on windows xp) .

Amazing, looks so powerful that I feel if I ever master it, then I won't need 80% of my other plugins anymore.

Also it looks great, I like just looking at the "Spectrograph" for a while.

A request: sidechain input for the "Input Follower" modulation.

Just out of interest, do you think its likely you'd be able to provide us with modulators that less us do a bit more processing of the outputs from other modulators? (rescaling, inverting, switching, fading, crossfading, comparators, that sort of thing)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

pottering wrote:A request: sidechain input for the "Input Follower" modulation.
Already finished in the next plugin :tu: We plan on enabling it in other plugins, but it will involve changing the channel configurations. This will likely lead to projects breaking. Our plan is to add it to breaking updates or point versions. No estimate on the timeline yet.

whyterabbyt wrote:Just out of interest, do you think its likely you'd be able to provide us with modulators that less us do a bit more processing of the outputs from other modulators? (rescaling, inverting, switching, fading, crossfading, comparators, that sort of thing)
We've definitely talked about it. Our plan is to keep the modulators focused and not overwhelm with a huge menu. So, instead of a bunch of mini CV processors, our design would likely accommodate multiple functions.

Rescaling and Inverting is already possible. Each modulation output has an associated attenuverter. The primary AMP control on each modulator is a VCA that can be modulated by other modulators, so you can do this in a generative manner. I think this would also take care of the "fading" request.

You can sort-of do switching already. Create two Square LFOs and set their Width and Phase controls so one is active when the other isn't. Take two LFOs that you want to "switch" and connect their output to the same place. Set their two AMPs to 0%. Modulate their AMPs from the Square LFOs. This will switch which one is active.

You can use a similar recipe for crossfading, but replace the Square LFOs with something smoother.

thelizard wrote:You can sort-of do switching already. Create two Square LFOs and set their Width and Phase controls so one is active when the other isn't. Take two LFOs that you want to "switch" and connect their output to the same place. Set their two AMPs to 0%. Modulate their AMPs from the Square LFOs. This will switch which one is active.

You can use a similar recipe for crossfading, but replace the Square LFOs with something smoother.
Starts to get trickier above two sources, but its a good starting point, cheers.

Adding the capability of filtering the version of the signal the envelope follower rides would be nice as well, while Im thinking about it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Effects”