Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

goleat wrote:Si, demasiado tiempo. Verdaderamente esto no ayuda mucho a los que decidimos dejar el lado "oscuro" y ser legales.
That's an asshole reply: "Truly, that doesn't help much to those of us who decided to leave the dark side and be legal".

goleat wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote: Wow, 9 months already... Time flies :party:
Si, demasiado tiempo. Verdaderamente esto no ayuda mucho a los que decidimos dejar el lado "oscuro" y ser legales.
Not all developers do these things, but I suppose we pay for these kind of things. The synth itself is really good (I see a lot of potential, some good updates here and there to make it rock-solid and a bit more easy to use and it will be amazing!), and it's 20$ - that's not money, really, and if creating plugins is the dev's hobby, then this is totally understandable. Yep, being one of the first buyers and having to wait for a year (I don't know when any update is going to be released) for an update of their paid software is really a PITA. Being a buyer after 8-9 months, it's also bad news but that should not have been news - you probably found the synth lurking here, and this post has been here for everyone to know that we have been waiting that time and that the dev doesn't seem to publish anything about their product in a lot of time.

If you are a programmer, you know that developing software is not an easy task, and because a piece of software nowadays costs 20$ it doesn't mean that has been less time in development than a Waves plugin that costs 250$. So the costs have to be cut from somewhere. Also, since we are accustomed to pirate stuff (I have also done it, a lot, but now I'm "clean"), we don't really know the real value of software. Because paying 400$ for Bitwig, for example, which has been in development for some years now with a full-time developer team seems a lot, since you buy a product that is not really physical and can be obtained free in some way.

Well, I don't really want to get into a discussion with anybody, but I'm a programmer myself, I know that software doesn't spawns randomly in the computer of the dev and there are no magic tools to do decent stuff :( and 20$ for this compiled code is really great. And, looking at what the dev did with their other product (Mangle), I suppose something will be done with this to release the final version and we will be happily using it in our computers without any hassle :)

FLWrd wrote: That's an asshole reply: "Truly, that doesn't help much to those of us who decided to leave the dark side and be legal".
No, it's not, those who pay for the software actually do it to get the support of what was purchased, something that can not be obtained if you use pirated software.
Last edited by goleat on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jorgeelalto wrote:
goleat wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote: Wow, 9 months already... Time flies :party:
Si, demasiado tiempo. Verdaderamente esto no ayuda mucho a los que decidimos dejar el lado "oscuro" y ser legales.
Not all developers do these things, but I suppose we pay for these kind of things. The synth itself is really good (I see a lot of potential, some good updates here and there to make it rock-solid and a bit more easy to use and it will be amazing!), and it's 20$ - that's not money, really, and if creating plugins is the dev's hobby, then this is totally understandable. Yep, being one of the first buyers and having to wait for a year (I don't know when any update is going to be released) for an update of their paid software is really a PITA. Being a buyer after 8-9 months, it's also bad news but that should not have been news - you probably found the synth lurking here, and this post has been here for everyone to know that we have been waiting that time and that the dev doesn't seem to publish anything about their product in a lot of time.

If you are a programmer, you know that developing software is not an easy task, and because a piece of software nowadays costs 20$ it doesn't mean that has been less time in development than a Waves plugin that costs 250$. So the costs have to be cut from somewhere. Also, since we are accustomed to pirate stuff (I have also done it, a lot, but now I'm "clean"), we don't really know the real value of software. Because paying 400$ for Bitwig, for example, which has been in development for some years now with a full-time developer team seems a lot, since you buy a product that is not really physical and can be obtained free in some way.

Well, I don't really want to get into a discussion with anybody, but I'm a programmer myself, I know that software doesn't spawns randomly in the computer of the dev and there are no magic tools to do decent stuff :( and 20$ for this compiled code is really great. And, looking at what the dev did with their other product (Mangle), I suppose something will be done with this to release the final version and we will be happily using it in our computers without any hassle :)
I understand it and partly it's my fault for not having noticed the feedback from this developer before.

However, having a company (however small) requires some responsibility and even selling its instruments at low prices does not justify the lack of feedback to those who support it.

That's why I do not agree when these things happen since it is assumed that when you buy software, you also get support and this is what essentially puts a step above the legally obtained software to the world of warez.

I still have some hope because the developer has original ideas but fails in terms of support.

I apologize for my lack of English. Greetings.

Has anyone created any preset packs for this yet - Really love the sound I can get from Tangle, but I'd love to see what others have brought to the modular system. I really hope we do see some development of the plugin for more modules maybe - but am definitely happy with what I have at the moment ...

good day!

Someone will tell you how to make feedback for the oscillator (modulates itself)?

Such a shame to have a great potential idea like the Tangle, and then for the developer to annoy people (like myself, and those above me in this thread) with such an unnecessary lack of communication.

Truly, how hard would it be for Tom Maisey, creator and ''Director at Sound Guru'', to drop a few more posts in this thread - which he knows exists, because he is the OP?
His last post here was 10 months ago.

By contrast, whilst Loomer's new product has taken ages to be developed (as per the infamous thread here at KVR), at least the developer has kept people up to date at regular intervals (and they're not even customers yet of that plugin!).

And for those who are wondering, yes Tom Maisey is still alive (I know because I had ''communication'' with him elsewhere two months ago).

His company Sound Guru also did its last filing at the end of January 2017:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 5/officers
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

dark water wrote:Such a shame to have a great potential idea like the Tangle, and then for the developer to annoy people (like myself, and those above me in this thread) with such an unnecessary lack of communication.

Truly, how hard would it be for Tom Maisey, creator and ''Director at Sound Guru'', to drop a few more posts in this thread - which he knows exists, because he is the OP?
His last post here was 10 months ago.

By contrast, whilst Loomer's new product has taken ages to be developed (as per the infamous thread here at KVR), at least the developer has kept people up to date at regular intervals (and they're not even customers yet of that plugin!).

And for those who are wondering, yes Tom Maisey is still alive (I know because I had ''communication'' with him elsewhere two months ago).

His company Sound Guru also did its last filing at the end of January 2017:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 5/officers
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
And on the flip side (because there are always multiple perceptions and realities), I'm a happy customer. It's a $20 plugin that does exactly what it's supposed to do - at least in Logic. I know there are those who feel that, no matter what you pay, even if it's $5, the seller has an obligation to make you happy as you see fit (which is a subjective scenario). That's actually not my personal experience. Even with larger companies like Izotope, the customer can largely be ignored. The saying "you get what you pay for" has mountains of merit, whether you agree or not. Tangle, to me, is worth $59-$79, and that would be more in the realm of expecting better communication (yet, let's not forget Izotope). For $20 - this plugin is superb, with or without communication or further development. For me.

I was really keen to see a sampler module. I do (or, at least did) build a lot of Reaktor sampler instruments and this looked like it could be a fun new source of inspiration. I nearly jumped in and bought it last year, in expectation of one, but remembering the experience with Mangle decided I would wait. No sampler module appeared, did it?

Hi there,

I just tried to install Tangle (32 Bit) on my Windows 7 machine but it doesn't show up in Studio One 2.5.
Does this still remain unfixed?

Regads, Wilfried

Quick bump so this doesn't die. I'm still waiting for a new beta or a stable 1.0 :D

goleat wrote:
FLWrd wrote: That's an asshole reply: "Truly, that doesn't help much to those of us who decided to leave the dark side and be legal".
No, it's not, those who pay for the software actually do it to get the support of what was purchased, something that can not be obtained if you use pirated software.
Please speak for yourself.

I don't do it to get something above pirated software. I pay for it because I consider it unethical to pirate the software. I am also happy to support small developers who make cool stuff. If here and there one of those situations does not work out great for me, that is just life.

pdxindy wrote:
goleat wrote:
Please speak for yourself.

I don't do it to get something above pirated software. I pay for it because I consider it unethical to pirate the software. I am also happy to support small developers who make cool stuff. If here and there one of those situations does not work out great for me, that is just life.
I pay for my software because if I were a software dev I wouldn't want people to use my tools without paying me for my effort (unless I decide to give it away for free). If you pirate software then you should be ok with not being paid for any work you do (which of course you wouldn't and there-in lies the problem).

Expectations. If I buy a piece of software, my only expectation is that it works reasonably well. I don't expect constant updates or support. But if I buy it and I've done everything reasonable to get it to work (trying multiple DAWs, OS, etc) and I can't get it to work no matter what I do, at the very least I expect a reply from the developer if I contact them with my issue.

The problem with this developer is IF you run into a problem THAT severe, you are SOL. He's not getting back to you and you're stuck with a piece of software that doesn't work. Now, you could contact Paypal and open up a case, and if the dev didn't respond to them either (they take a dim view on things like that) you MIGHT get your money back. Depends on their policies on disputes and whether or not they will take the funds out of the dev's account and transfer them to yours.

Outside of that extreme case, I expect nothing from developers. They sold a product, I bought the product, the product works, we're done. They owe me nothing else for my money.

I had correspondence with the developer and he is out there but he is working a “real” job.

I did not have time to read the whole tread, what exactly is the issue?

Return to “Instruments”