A little bit of Bitley

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fairlight Kontakt R2 Lost In The Fairlight Maze Sublime Chimes Way Beyond Fairlight R2

Winner winner!

Hi Patrick Bitley (synthesite).

Just to say thanks for the truly wonderful Fairlight / Synclavier etc sounds which you sampled and made.
Probably the best sampling I've heard for a Kontakt library (certainly of vintage keyboard synths) and I've bought shedloads of Kontakt libraries in the past 15 years!

I, and I'm sure many other people here, will be very interested if you produce any more Fairlight sounds / packs in the future.
So keep on doing them please.

ps, I'm also looking forward to your forthcoming Roland D50 hardware patches.

Doug :phones:

I saw this just now, thank you very much for this! :) Work surely continues but I focus on many things at the same time, trying to keep up people's general interest in what I do. This summer was horrible though with my friend and musical partner (for our project called EH! on bitley.bandcamp.com) comitting suicide. I am kind of back on the horse now so updates on the Fairlight Kontakt libraries should be coming up. In the meantime my economy has reached "Format C:" level so currently I am trying to get a bus driver "gig" in order to get some cashflow back in order. I released Deep Mining yesterday which comes as a reason refill and a sysex soundset for the DeepMind. The website is rebuilt and has a new theme & layout, hopefully more usable now. Looking back at this thread I am thinking maybe the groupbuy option should be reactivated. So I will wait and see if we can get some action going here and if so I am ready to prepare something because Money Is Crucial, totally dangerous business to create soundware. The minute people stop mentioning my work all sales disappear completely. So thank you guys in advance!

Thanks Patrick (and sorry to hear about the sad news).
It's an excellent Fairlight library, and it'll be great if there's some new sounds coming for it :tu:

(And I'm another one who'd buy a Roland D50 soundbank made by you as well).

Cheers.

dark water wrote:Thanks Patrick (and sorry to hear about the sad news).
It's an excellent Fairlight library, and it'll be great if there's some new sounds coming for it :tu:

(And I'm another one who'd buy a Roland D50 soundbank made by you as well).

Cheers.

Thanks! It's actually small supportive comments like these that we all need sometimes. I have been very alone in designing my soundbanks, diviorced dad of three, trying to make ends meet. "Living the dream", always knife to the throat. But I am glad I made these things and could reach out. The big tragedy is that ppl seem to think soundbanks have a best before date. I have killer refills and other banks but what happens is that they fade out from ppl's minds. So it is a very very hard profession. If it should sound like 1985-1995 why would it matter if made in 2012 or 2018? It still took three years to make. That's the nightmare of the soundware biz. News-frenzy while the quest for quality should be the real thing.

Absolutely Patrick - and many people might not appreciate the time involved in creating new products / sounds of a high standard.
As put above, your kontakt libraries are great and hopefully more people will read this thread and buy them.
However, first and foremost, it is important to take care of our health, exercise and wellbeing issues: making new sounds might start to become a chore if we don't have other outlets to make us happy too.
Good luck creating new sounds - I'm sure they'll be excellent also, and I look forward to buying them when the time is right for you to release them.
Cheers.

Absolutely, absolutely. I take really long breaks and only work when I am inspired. The only way for me, I take the MTB out and so on but now's the pretty dreadful autumn here in the north (Sweden) so my activation for tonight will be moving my Yamaha home organ from 1976 to another room. ;-) Kudos - btw I will inc the DM sounds freely to both Kontakt libraries.

Opax wrote:Hi Patrick

I thought you would have made your presence known here long before now.

I like your work. I don't own any of your libraries, yet, but I do like your demo songs. This one in particular is my favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ikUZvcpxE

I'm not a big fan of your website though. Personally, I think it would look better with less text where your products are listed. How about creating individual pages for each product and having all the relevant info on their separate pages? Just a thought.
The webpage is rebuilt now. Do you think it's better? Worse? :)

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net

Cheers from La Suéde!

News

I am posting this now prior to creating a new demo track / video but I thought you guys should know first: I have now decided to merge Fairlight Kontakt R2 with Lost In The Fairlight Maze. So there is just one "large" Kontakt product now; and the previous $10 packs are now just $5 each.

Fairlight Kontakt R2 / Lost In The Fairlight Maze consists of:

• Fairlight Kontakt ($99) with upgrades
• Way Beyond Synclavier 1 ($99)
• Way Beyond Synclavier 2 ($19)
• All of the Lost In The Fairlight Maze packs ($159)
Total value: $376

Price: Was $219 - Now $65.
Upgrade: Was $129 - Now $45.

The upgrade is available for owners of any Bitley product purchased before January 1st 2017.

For more info and demos;

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net/lost-in ... ight-maze/

Hi crew!

Still very active - new website though!

https://bitleysounds.com

Lately I did a bit of programming for Arturia but I've also developed a refill for Reason based on the PG8X plugin - called Way Beyond PG8X.

Updates available too & also free refills and the Kontakt library is larger than ever before.

Return to “Soundware”