What is the best sounding DAW??

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"What is the best sounding DAW??...."

The concern about DAWs should be more about functionality and efficiency.
Which one do you find the most intuitive....?

Redmerkurii wrote:Nothing will ever surpass Babya Logic for it's sonic clarity. dexterity and depth.
:lol:

Volkswagen is my fav.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

All sound the same.

Jax Pok wrote:All sound the same.
I guess Novation need to make a DAW to please you :P

The best sound is inside my head.

Maybe the new Apple FaceID with Bionic Power will help me get the ideas out of my head into the DAW in record times. The irony is that they call it Logic Pro when it's the other side of the brain that's doing all the work, ime.

replicant X wrote:There will be many arguments but I feel every DAW have different sounds.

Ableton sounds wide, loud and clear.
Bitwig sounds detailed on quiet part but darker than Ableton.
I think Cubase have something like psychoacoustic technics.
It sounds very different.
Logic have a artifact on high-frequency when it reached the certain point.
Mutools Mulab sounds very clear, sounds like Protools.
I didn't like Reaper 4's week thin sound, but Reaper 5 have very natural sound.
And I really feel FL studio sounds darker than others.

I don't know why and some of these maybe placebo effects.
But I feel differences.
You do realize that your perception of sound coming from DAW's is connected to DAW's UI ?
FL Studio and Bitwig have darker UI's, so they sound darker than other DAW's. :roll:

You do realize that you can make Reaper to sound like Logic, Bitwig, ProTools and Cubase
if you install skins of those DAW's? :hihi:

Their supposed to sound all the same , but I'd use the one that sounds best to you , or at least mix in one that sounds the best to you. Plugin delay compensation , latency to aux buses , using effects plugins etc etc , can all factor in DAW to DAW . Zeros and ones mathes ... Im sure someone will tell me Im wrong here in a minute . I think DAWs do sound different . But oh well im wrong .

:D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Best sounding DAW? Easy -- it's whatever I didn't use most recently. Grass is always greener, ya know?
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

The best sounding daws go in this order from best to worse:
1. Saw studio (32bit only). No distortion to soundbanks at all.
2. Digital perfomer 9.5 (win7,8,10). No distortion to soundbanks at all.
3. Samplitude\sequoia (this makes sound too soft). Soundbanks are distorted.

All the rest are not worth mentioning because they are crappy. Those crappy include all other daws not mentioned in the above list. I personally have tried nuedo (sweet tubelike sound distorted), mixbus32 (all the way oversaturated), protools (nothing good totally), tracktion (cheap algos), reaper (too soft, undetailed, overdithered).

Thus you can make a conclusion that those dozes of daws that exist are a kind of distraction from the possibility to get a pro sound. The same concerns vst plugins. You should avoid all vst fxs except vst instruments since there is no other way to use soundfonts or it's better to rewire soundfonts from the standalone sampler into the daw if possible (which is almost impossible). You should use only internal native plugins of digital performer. I've got to know from some secret sources that you should not upgrade your mac os over lion to preserv good sound. Also very old versions of logic for mac os are on position between saw studio and digital perfomer. Nowadays you have no other choise than use the digital performer.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

replicant X wrote:There will be many arguments but I feel every DAW have different sounds.

Ableton sounds wide, loud and clear.
Bitwig sounds detailed on quiet part but darker than Ableton.
I think Cubase have something like psychoacoustic technics.
It sounds very different.
Logic have a artifact on high-frequency when it reached the certain point.
Mutools Mulab sounds very clear, sounds like Protools.
I didn't like Reaper 4's week thin sound, but Reaper 5 have very natural sound.
And I really feel FL studio sounds darker than others.

I don't know why and some of these maybe placebo effects.
But I feel differences.
hahaha... good one, if you're joking... do you?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

solomute wrote: All the rest are not worth mentioning because they are crappy. Those crappy include all other daws not mentioned in the above list. I personally have tried nuedo (sweet tubelike sound distorted), mixbus32 (all the way oversaturated), protools (nothing good totally), tracktion (cheap algos), reaper (too soft, undetailed, overdithered).
overdithered... :lol: made my day

Another serious answer from a different point of view:

I believe that all major DAWs do produce pro results in sound. I get a lot of good mixes done in any of those major DAWs, and I get crappy mixes from all those DAWs. If your mixes suck, it's 99% not the DAW, but you.

So I'd recommend to get that DAW, that supports your workflow the best. So your creativity is not hindered and flows and flows, and grows beyond yourself. THIS will result in good music!

I believe that all major DAWs do produce pro results in sound.
This troll is a lier. Caution!
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”