Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ravasb wrote:The developer is effectively gone, and his licensing system is a nightmare even when he provided support.
A nightmare? How so?

Russell Grand wrote:
ravasb wrote:The developer is effectively gone, and his licensing system is a nightmare even when he provided support.
A nightmare? How so?
Licenses occasionally expire at random times. Even maintenance updates to an OS seems to make them wonky every now and then. Since George has clearly abandoned this project, once you have a problem with a plugin, it is useless. I am particularly annoyed because I bought a couple of his synths right before he closed down.

I know his website says Temporarily Closed, but there is zero indication he will return.

It seems like it's been temporarily closed for far more than a couple of weeks. :/

Can someone at least confirm the man is still alive?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
kurodo wrote:
But then I wonder why someone like Ronaldo wouldn't want to pay his fair share of taxes. Its not like the poor in Portugal have any other f**king choice.
Assuming he cares for the people oh his land.
Few people who make big money care for the people and their land.
Thats why the onus of tax is now on the little people, the rich and corporations are encouraged to use loopholes and as a result theres less money for reinvestment. Theyre happy to take advantage of the infrastucture we pay for to make more money from us though....

Funny how we paid of the banks to stop them collapsing and then they were straight back to awarding themselves huge bonuses but the news corps have forgotten all about them and we're 'distracted' by terrorism, paedophiles and Trump.

And the EU helps to empty the coffers.......but you're bedazzled by the now news buzz of fear and hate
Although Cristiano Ronaldo is Portuguese, he is playing in Spain (Real Madrid), and the conflict is with the Spanish tax authorities. Problem seems to be NOT related with the money he receives from Real Madrid, but with the money he receives from publicity (by non-Spanish companies), which is not paid directly to him, because the interpretation is that it is not related with activity done in Spain. According to what he said, regarding that income, he paid the same that he used to pay when he was in UK.

This seems like a grey area, and affects all the big stars around the globe. That's why many change their residency to places like Monaco, for example. Cristiano considers that he doesn't owe anything to the Spanish tax authorities, and seems to be willing to go to court defending his position. If I was in his place, and being a public figure, I would do the same, if I was convinced of my innocence.

Let's see what the court has to say about this. Anyway, Correio da Manha is not a trustful source for anything (it's like The Sun but in Portugal). They are always seeking for blood and scandal.

BTW - George is also Spanish, not Portuguese. We are neighbours, but separate countries :hihi:
Last edited by fmr on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

DuX wrote:It seems like it's been temporarily closed for far more than a couple of weeks. :/

Can someone at least confirm the man is still alive?
I think he changed the message in his website not long ago (July) so, he was alive back then. And since the domain is still valid, although the site is not active, I presume he has the intention to come back. Something unpredictable may have happened to him - there are turnouts in life that totally screw things.
Fernando (FMR)

Yes, he might had end up in a hospital for some reason, poor George. :(
Being a programmer is really taxing on your health as all you get is sitting all the time and eating junk.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Dude, where's George?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Yeah. I'm thinking the same.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Let's just say, it wouldn't surprise me, if he wasn't coming back. Regardless of what happened.

chk071 wrote:Let's just say, it wouldn't surprise me, if he wasn't coming back. Regardless of what happened.
There are health problems that take long to recover (like, more than one year - if one manage to recover at all). I sincerely hope this is not one of those cases.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
chk071 wrote:Let's just say, it wouldn't surprise me, if he wasn't coming back. Regardless of what happened.
There are health problems that take long to recover (like, more than one year - if one manage to recover at all). I sincerely hope this is not one of those cases.
Before when he was active he was actually quite active, and all of a sudden nothing. I think few things other than health problems or going to jail would cause a reasonably active person to just disappear like this. If it would be financial it would not make any sense to just drop everything, but instead try to be more productive to make more $$$.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

"Temporarily closed.

I'm sick and unable to attend.
Thanks for your understanding."
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Still down. Wonder why he had to take the site down completely. Why not keeping the site running and big message in the front page telling the same than now.

Perhaps all his assets were seized.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Perhaps all his assets were seized.
It is stated on the website that he is sick. I accept that reason.

Return to “Instruments”