PaulStretch3 preview(12) release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ThomasHelzle wrote:Instant crash for me as well with beta 6
Can you try this build? https://goo.gl/E6Q71h

Xenakios wrote:
CinningBao wrote: I didn't experience CPU under extreme load in the beta4 which had this configuration when running with 30-60 second windows, but I'm not sure if the changes you've made since beta4 would affect this.
I wonder if that version was just showing the FFT size wrong...;) I probably have to go back in the revision history and see. (Just tried changing the FFT size maximum limit with the recent version. It does manage to play back but not smoothly. Probably have to make it increase the used buffer size for these larger FFT sizes.)
Hmm, good point but I'm not so sure. There is definitely a much longer wait for the sound to build up when using these huge window sizes, an expected side effect as the window is being populated through time by the source.

I hope this works :)

CinningBao wrote: I hope this works :)
I will allow FFT sizes up to over a minute in the next beta but only if a new Huge prebuffering option is enabled. The latencies to parameter changes (as well waiting for playback to start) will be very long, but I suppose this isn't a concern for you...?

Xenakios wrote:
CinningBao wrote: I hope this works :)
I will allow FFT sizes up to over a minute in the next beta but only if a new Huge prebuffering option is enabled. The latencies to parameter changes (as well waiting for playback to start) will be very long, but I suppose this isn't a concern for you...?
Sounds good to me! I'd kind of expected the "only if <required setting> is set appropriately" to be part of the solution - so no complaints here!

And the latency issues are par for the course with windows this size, no worries! It's all about the sound..

Great stuff :)

@Xenakios, do you think we could have a 'reset parameters to default' one-click button? It's nice to have the previous settings remembered from a session to another, but sometimes it would be great too to be able in one-click to reset everything, especially when all the params have been tweaked and screwed around... :P

Neon Breath wrote:@Xenakios, do you think we could have a 'reset parameters to default' one-click button? It's nice to have the previous settings remembered from a session to another, but sometimes it would be great too to be able in one-click to reset everything, especially when all the params have been tweaked and screwed around... :P
I already did work to enable that but was disabled for the beta 6 build. I will need to check it all works ok and re-enable it for beta 7.

Xenakios wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:@Xenakios, do you think we could have a 'reset parameters to default' one-click button? It's nice to have the previous settings remembered from a session to another, but sometimes it would be great too to be able in one-click to reset everything, especially when all the params have been tweaked and screwed around... :P
I already did work to enable that but was disabled for the beta 6 build. I will need to check it all works ok and re-enable it for beta 7.
Great news! You're the man. Thanks :tu:

Xenakios wrote:
Yep, that one works. So FFTW seems to be the issue. :tu:
Thanks a lot!!!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: So FFTW seems to be the issue.
And I think I know maybe why...I had enabled AVX2 instructions for building it.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:Why does it always fade out when I play or render a section of the audio?

Edit: setting compress to 1 solved this.

Edit 2: it would be nice to be able to reposition the play button that appears when I want to preview a sample. It appears in the top left of my screen and I'd like to move it somewhere more convenient. Or maybe even just autoplay the sample when I click on it.
1) The sound fading in and out, as well as the transients and stereo/multichannel imaging getting destroyed are pretty much part of the intended sound. (There is also a bug too, though, that adds some loop crossfading even when the loop playback isn't enabled. I will fix that in some coming version.)

2) The app doesn't actually have any way currently to preview the sounds without processing. Do you mean there's a some kind of a play button in the import file dialog? That would come from the operating system. I am not sure how much that kind of stuff can be customized with JUCE.
Last edited by Xenakios on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ah yes

M'y CPU doesnt support avx2 neither avx (l7 first gen)

Will try new builds tonight

Xenakios wrote:
This build seems to have solved the persistent crash on playback issue for me too. W7 64bit, i7-3770K

Beta 7 posted, links in the original post. This re-enables the FFTW library on Windows, but this time it should be using only SSE2 instructions. Hopefully no more crashes... :bang:

2017-09-26 (3.0.0beta7, Xenakios fork)
-Rebuilt FFTW for Windows with only SSE2 instructions required.
-New prebuffering option Huge added.
-If above enabled, the FFT processing size can go up to around 60 seconds.
-Shortcut key 0 restores default parameter values except main volume. (FFT size still won't update while playing back, though.)
-Logic to detect appropriate playback/render stop point improved (Not really, using large FFT sizes will likely cut off the output too early especially while rendering...)
Last edited by Xenakios on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beta 7 is working great ! no more crashes !

thx

Return to “Effects”