Acustica Audio Lemon: Dreamware Multi Tap Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Acustica release LEMON, a Dreamware Multi Tap Delay.

LEMON is the first Acqua Plugin based on our brand new Core11 technology.

LEMON includes 40 different delay and/or tape emulations, each one with a great sonic character and excellent performance; its 40 programs are able to faithufully reproduce the behaviour and sound of many different hardware delay machines, both vintage and modern.

INTRODUCTORY PRICE of €109.65 (15%OFF )
http://www.acustica-audio.com/

I've been trying to find some audio examples of this... have you seen any links?

Numanoid wrote:
Acustica release LEMON, a Dreamware Multi Tap Delay.

LEMON is the first Acqua Plugin based on our brand new Core11 technology.

LEMON includes 40 different delay and/or tape emulations, each one with a great sonic character and excellent performance; its 40 programs are able to faithufully reproduce the behaviour and sound of many different hardware delay machines, both vintage and modern.

INTRODUCTORY PRICE of €109.65 (15%OFF )
http://www.acustica-audio.com/

Scotty wrote:I've been trying to find some audio examples of this... have you seen any links?
There is a short preview on youtube, too bad they forgot to include any audio in it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MGgO1ZY7QM

€109.65 for a delay???
No thanks, there's a lot of great freeware out there... ;-)

That's funny.. I don't usually decide to buy a plugin based on oscilloscope traces however; if they can give a list of the tape delays that they have captured ... I'd be interested in the Fulltone and its inclusion would make me consider it seriously even if it is a Lemon.
Numanoid wrote:
Scotty wrote:I've been trying to find some audio examples of this... have you seen any links?
There is a short preview on youtube, too bad they forgot to include any audio in it :P

Scotty wrote:That's funny.. I don't usually decide to buy a plugin based on oscilloscope traces however; if they can give a list of the tape delays that they have captured ... I'd be interested in the Fulltone and its inclusion would make me consider it seriously even if it is a Lemon.
Numanoid wrote:

this time we have 1 gibaytes of demo files! we prepared them for our Lemon contest.
This is the link:
https://app.box.com/s/ipla2awslvugb1rzmeek9ppis0igven0

about the list of emulations, just check the impressive user manual! there is the history of many of them:
https://app.box.com/shared/static/zxns9 ... 54epj7.pdf

@turello
About the price: it is perceived as low from our customers:
- we have 40 emulations, most of them featuring also original equalizers and damp filters
- a lot of delay machines are very rare or generally not in good shape
- a lot of emulations work as "tape" machines, I see there are a lot of praises on fb, our forum and gs
- this delay is imho a revolution in delay textures, it feels very organic and distant from the usual ir-based delay plugin

Nice car! Veeery tapey.

Dreamware???

+14 dB lows on a delay? Impressive is the wrong word...

sfxsound3 wrote:Nice car! Veeery tapey.

Dreamware???

+14 dB lows on a delay? Impressive is the wrong word...
If you mean the specific eplx emulation, it was present in the original gear, which is considered a dream delay. Anyway luckily you can compensate easily, you have an eq on the damping path. Most of emulations are more linear, in few cases like digital delays we improved the linearity quite a bit

Does anyone know if the bitwig automation bugs are fixed in Acustica plugins yet? :?:

At some point none of the Acqua effects could be assigned to macros - or could be assigned but parameter changes had no effect... :cry:

PS: warning to new users: Acustica has the single worst vst developer website ever. After creating accounts, adding trial versions to shopping carts from separate and totally confusing and uncategorized product lists, and checking out you are confronted with a download system from the year 1998, that seems to use a consumer cloud storage service from box.com ... that ultimately just fails on my browser (chrome).

It's the year 2017 - I could make a better website with wordpress in 60 minutes, and it'd probably be cheaper than Acustica's layers of different kind of awful. Extremely frustrating... :dog: :dog: :dog:

if you are on windows we are supporting for the first time a beta version of aquarius full version:

Aquarius (FULL VERSION) is the download and authorization tool currently available in "Public beta" only for Windows users.
Direct link to download it:
https://app.box.com/s/b10etxilertxqqnt6lwm4zl8o1uspqpx

it could be the coolest app for downloading and automatic authorization of products. If you are on windows try it!
About the website, we'll upgrade to a new website and server very soon. No, wordpress would not work. We have a strong backend now, and most of our efforts were addressed to adapt to a completely new and scalable system. This was the reason for the wait. If you try quickly aquarius you'll understand what's under the hood, and this is just the beginning

Basic features:
- you can downgrade a plugin to whatever version
- all upgrades and downgrades are incremental
- aquarius repairs broken installations almost instantly and automatically
- it manages automatically also authorizations
- in the future it will do A LOT of new cool different things. We are actually coding them ;)
- little hint (basically very soon you will not need a website any more. Websites are soooo 90s)
Last edited by Zaphod (giancarlo) on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I downloaded and installed demo yersterday. Nice sounding delay, as expected, but rather unresponsive and clumsy, as some Acustica´s plugin have been in my laptop - although i7 12 GB RAM, it is obvious that the convolution-based modelling requires effective processor and charges your CPU. Its wise to demo
these plugins always first, some work better than the others, even in the DAWs with moderate recourses.
The Acustica´s site is not that bad, I think, once you learned how to authorize the demo (and the site is up). The site dasboard will be updated soon, I´ve understood.

The only AA product I own in N4, which I got earlier this year. Although the Acqua plugins are of interest, I am not going to buy any until the problems with N4 are resolved. So far AA support is taking months to deal with one critical CPU issue I have that limits my use of N4 in my projects. I don't want to start investing in their other tools and have even more technical issues in their long-duration cue. If the product (N4) was better implemented (less bugs, easier to use) and support was effective (more effiecent) I'd spend more on Acqua. These plugins aren't cheap and my hands are full with N4 trying to get it working properly.

In the meantime I will just plug my real Fulltone Tape Delay in and use it.

@Zaphod (giancarlo): with all reaspect but i still really like the Processors like comps, EQs and Channel Strips by Acustica/Acqua... ;-)

Turello wrote:@Zaphod (giancarlo): with all reaspect but i still really like the Processors like comps, EQs and Channel Strips by Acustica/Acqua... ;-)
Acustica´s approach is unique, all products are not for everyone.
E.g. the Acustica Diamond is a brilliant compromise for those operating with lower CPU resources.
I understand that the pricing of the unique products is higher than we have used to, lately - one can just hope some special offers.

Turello wrote:€109.65 for a delay???
No thanks, there's a lot of great freeware out there... ;-)
Elton John too wouldn´t even touch it.

Return to “Effects”