SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Chandlerhimself wrote:Just tried the new version and I'm loving the wavetables. One question though. The 2nd osc doesn't seem to work in wavetable mode. Is this a bug or just how it works. I can understand it might be too CPU intensive, but I thought I'd check to make sure it isn't a bug.
It is NOT cpu intensive by the way :)

İts the same as before 8)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:Guys,

I managed to upload Windows Alpha2 version for SynthMaster 2.9 at: http://betas.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx (OSX version coming up tomorrow night)

What's new?

1. NEW: Added wavetable synthesis support
2. NEW: Added drag-n-drop wavetable import support
3. NEW: Increased number of osc voices to 16

Try dragging and dropping wavetable/waveform files (WAV files) onto the wavetable display. It supports dragging folders as well.

Also, when you right click on the wavetable display you can change the display from 2D to 3D (3D waveform is by default)

BTW, if anybody is visiting ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event), dont forget to check out our booth at the SoundLab. Cheers!

Still not a secured site :(

I managed to upload Windows Alpha2 version for SynthMaster 2.9 at: http://betas.synthmaster.com/downloadupdates.aspx (OSX version coming up tomorrow night)
No thanks - I don’t beta test in a production environment. Let me know when it’s out of beta testing, though.

Cheers!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Most.responsive.developer.ever. and from what I can tell, pretty light on ego trips to boot, which is incredibly refreshing. I'll try 2.9 when it comes out, I'm sure it will be great.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

EnochLight wrote:

No thanks - I don’t beta test in a production environment. Let me know when it’s out of beta testing, though.

Cheers!
I agree.. I asked Bluent if one could do side by side installs>> not possible.. :(
So I dug out my old pentium 4 dual core ( ancient old thing.. but, it still works )
BUT having installed SM_2.9_Alpha2 I am getting this message in reaper v5.40.. "Synthmaster 2.9 instrument (KV331 Audio) illegally overwrites data that is owned by Reaper... Reaper will probably crash because of this." although Reaper did not crash.. something is going on ( I am win7 32 bit)

It's beginning to look as if 2.9 will be a big release with the decision to include improved wavetable support. Looking forward to it!

So that means that 3.0 can be even bigger and better!!!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I would be pretty happy if 3.0 was just a UI redesign so start off with. It's a great synth but it can be pretty confusing for my poor brain cells.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hi Bulent
Alpha2 seems to be working even after the worrying message.. BUT
I am getting inconsistent results when I right click on a WavTbl_Slot... sometimes it just allows load WavTble, other times it comes up with the correct options>> Load WavTbl or Load WavForm and Insert WavForm (interestingly, I notice that my own WavTbles show as either the complete wave or split into the individual frames, depending where I load form>> that is a nice touch, it implies we can load frames from several WavTbls>> creating yet new ones... to be well explored ;) )
I am using the default skin that I know from SM_2.5 from over 5 years.. no scaling.. just that old "default... in green", on this computer.

BTW.. well done with this.. and Thankx
Last edited by toonertik on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

braj wrote:I would be pretty happy if 3.0 was just a UI redesign so start off with. It's a great synth but it can be pretty confusing for my poor brain cells.
Actually the GUI is ok... live with it for a while and it does make sense...
SM_2 is a complicated synth in it's modulation options... it is not fast like a single page synth... because one can achieve so much more ( fact.. it is the only commercial synth I have bought, others either came with Daws or when Cakewalk gave away z3ta and Rapture... and there is a reason.. modulation and flexibility ;) oh and sound, ofc)

braj wrote:I would be pretty happy if 3.0 was just a UI redesign so start off with. It's a great synth but it can be pretty confusing for my poor brain cells.
v3.0 GUI and architecture will be redesigned from scratch and it'll be more "flexible"/"modular" like, you'd be able to add layers, modulators, effects dynamically. Right now everything is "static" in SM2 so that has to change. and of course we'll add wavetable editor, hopefuly a sfz/sample editor and granular synthesis in v3.0! :hyper:
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
v3.0 GUI and architecture will be redesigned from scratch and it'll be more "flexible"/"modular" like, you'd be able to add layers, modulators, effects dynamically. Right now everything is "static" in SM2 so that has to change. and of course we'll add wavetable editor, hopefuly a sfz/sample editor and granular synthesis in v3.0! :hyper:
I can't wait :)

And to be fair, toonrtik is right, it isn't that 'bad' just hard for me to tell what is doing what at any given time, if you start hearing a weird modulation you don't like, remembering what is modulating what can be confounding, because everything can modulate anything else :) Which is a good problem to have, I guess.

I kinda like the SM 2.8 default gui. It works great in a dark room. Very logically laid out. For the most part it is a one page synth after you set up your patch. I like the way only the module you need to change, changes and the others are still visable.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Chandlerhimself wrote:Just tried the new version and I'm loving the wavetables. One question though. The 2nd osc doesn't seem to work in wavetable mode. Is this a bug or just how it works. I can understand it might be too CPU intensive, but I thought I'd check to make sure it isn't a bug.
Looks like the wavetable displays were linked to the incorrect oscillator (layer 1 osc 1), I fixed that and uploading another build now. will upload OSX build as well shortly!
Last edited by kv331 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

downloaded the new update for osx , in sm1 its easy to import wavetable drag and drop too.
how im doing it in sm 2.9

michaelbrac wrote:downloaded the new update for osx , in sm1 its easy to import wavetable drag and drop too.
how im doing it in sm 2.9
I havent uploaded the new update for OSX yet. in 30 minutes hopefuly!
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”