Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

Yeah definitely. The whole editor seems a little blurry to me, again compared to the osc editors. Strange

You also cannot change the SCALE of the editor like you can with the oscs

Vortifex wrote:
audiosabre wrote:
Vortifex wrote:I'm noticing the chorus is causing crackles in FL Studio, anyone else?

Edit: as ever, enabling 'Use fixed size buffers' sorted it.
It needs fixing then. 'Used fixed sized buffers' will render out of sync if you're using APDC. It's not a good solution.
Didn't know that, thanks.
Me neither until recently. I figured it out whilst troubleshooting for another user. Think it's a bug in FL, but even if it was fixed, 'used fixed sized buffers' adds extra latency, which is unacceptable to have to enable for a synth, imo.

Awe. Site is down. Was really looking forward to giving this a test drive.

Must wait..

Life.

I demoed it for a half hour...bought it.

I think it hits a nice combo of quality of sound, unusual variety of sounds, and intuitive interface.

The small or normal was a little small, and the next a bit too big. Though I have been considering getting a new monitor anyway...
:)
this one is 24"?

CPU hit on my desktop is 1.5 to 2%. Few plugins ever reach half a percent on this machine, so thats something, obviously not a big issue for me. Running in Reaper. i5, Win 10, 8 gigs of RAM. Some Nvidia GPU. Dont recall the finer details off the top of my head.

Has anyone managed to get 'fine' control working on any parameter? Holding shift (win 10), as suggested in the manual, doesn't seem to do anything. Trying to adjust the Pitch on the noise osc by an octave is impossible, or so it seems.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haha, and I just found that holding CTRL works on the pitch knob! Thanks

The website is suspended
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:The website is suspended
He probably exceeded his bandwidth. Probably wasn't counting on all the downloads he got.

Is there a random button? I remembee tantra having some.

Yeah im a random bitch :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

plexuss wrote:not to buy it until Dmitry fixed the problem with modulation amount not being adjustable when using an external mac trackpad.
You'd pass on an awesome sounding synth at a no brainer price because of that ? :roll:

Anyway I'm loving Thorn. It's got a fantastic character and attitude that makes it a great addition to the arsenal. Sounds wonderful, tons of fun to program. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
plexuss wrote:not to buy it until Dmitry fixed the problem with modulation amount not being adjustable when using an external mac trackpad.
You'd pass on an awesome sounding synth at a no brainer price because of that ? :roll:

Anyway I'm loving Thorn. It's got a fantastic character and attitude that makes it a great addition to the arsenal. Sounds wonderful, tons of fun to program. :tu:
That's a good endorsement if you like it Teksonik!
I will check it out. :)

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm accustomed to seeing oscillator sync and and ring mod in synths. Is that impossible in a spectral synthesizer?

pilotredsun wrote:I'm accustomed to seeing oscillator sync and and ring mod in synths. Is that impossible in a spectral synthesizer?
Those are on the dropdown labeled "PHS" by default.

Return to “Instruments”