Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

recursive one wrote:Found another demo (something like deep house) which I think wasn't posted here yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9rXJJO20LI
The more I hear this the more I like it. Not as shiny as Tone 2, not as harsh as Serum, not as warm as Diva. It's got this kind of middle zone nailed. And it sounds 100 times better than ANA 1.

I think they've got a winner here.

wagtunes wrote:
recursive one wrote:Found another demo (something like deep house) which I think wasn't posted here yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9rXJJO20LI
The more I hear this the more I like it. Not as shiny as Tone 2, not as harsh as Serum, not as warm as Diva. It's got this kind of middle zone nailed. And it sounds 100 times better than ANA 1.

I think they've got a winner here.
Agreed. With the incredible sound and gorgeous UI this is probably the most hyped I have been about a Synth it quite some time, I only can hope its as good as these demos make it sound because if it does then I might have myself a New Go-To Instrument :lol:
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Does it still have that attack oscillator of v1?
What aspect of the envelopes do the velocity knobs influence?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Does it still have that attack oscillator of v1?
Yes, the attack oscillators are still in the sampler section.

Velocity knobs alter envelope amount, or filter cutoff (in the filter section), but obviously you can assign velocity to anything you want in the mod matrix.

tehlord wrote:

Velocity knobs alter envelope amount, or filter cutoff (in the filter section), but obviously you can assign velocity to anything you want in the mod matrix.
Cool, that was one of the highlights of v1 in my view :)

Oh, I was hoping the velocity knobs would change the timing of the envelopes, the harder I hit the key, the more percussive, or the other way round if the knobs are "bipolar". Some synths do that.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
tehlord wrote:

Cool, that was one of the highlights of v1 in my view :)

Oh, I was hoping the velocity knobs would change the timing of the envelopes, the harder I hit the key, the more percussive, or the other way round if the knobs are "bipolar". Some synths do that.
You have control over the envelope slopes (curves), and each ADSR parameter can be individually assigned to velocity in the mod matrix too. You could also do it with the G-Envelope, which is fully customisable (including slope). Assigned to filter cutoff (for example), the envelope rate and/or depth could respond to velocity.

Just some more analog inspired stuff as requested..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrK990Imowo

This is probably not the most "analogue" thing I've heard (granted that I can only judge the "analog sound" by the emulations like Diva and Monark) but it sounds quite nice. if was listening to Thorn preset demos right before and this immediately struck me as sounding much warmer. The filters seem to be really good.

Overall from this demo and some other it seems that ANA sounds a bit thin, but this is not necessarily a bad thing - it may be actually easier to mix.

Well, how much longer do we have to wait?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:This is probably not the most "analogue" thing I've heard (granted that I can only judge the "analog sound" by the emulations like Diva and Monark) but it sounds quite nice. if was listening to Thorn preset demos right before and this immediately struck me as sounding much warmer. The filters seem to be really good.

Overall from this demo and some other it seems that ANA sounds a bit thin, but this is not necessarily a bad thing - it may be actually easier to mix.

Until hell freezes over.

Soon. Ish. :hihi:

chk071 wrote:Soon. Ish. :hihi:
And I've got some prime real estate to sell you.

Not sure whether or not it sounds utterly analog, but I like the way it sounds, like straight from a record, processed and finished. Probably Legend, Diva etc. go to greater lengths to emulate analog gear, but they don't necessarily sound better to me because of that. The Jump patch for instance sounds great, authentic and alive to me, despite my hating that song :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote: The Jump patch sounds great, authentic and alive to me, despite hating that song :hihi:
Yeah, big thanks to Phil for not playing the whole Jump melody. I can't stand it :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

wagtunes wrote:
recursive one wrote:This is probably not the most "analogue" thing I've heard (granted that I can only judge the "analog sound" by the emulations like Diva and Monark) but it sounds quite nice. if was listening to Thorn preset demos right before and this immediately struck me as sounding much warmer. The filters seem to be really good.

Until hell freezes over.

dude, that's already happened...

We will be doing doing very limited (around 100) beta.. we will be announcing it on our facebook page in the next couple of days. Ill post here too when its up... it will be first come first serve etc..

once accepted we will send out access on Friday all going well.

Return to “Instruments”