How the hell do I get the MD-BT01 app?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am in Australia and the Yamaha MD-BT01 is sold here, BUT I cannot get the app to show in iTunes store on the iPad. I do the search and when I select the app i get all these other totally non-related apps (gambling ones for eg) and NO MD-BT01 Utility app...

Is it even still available?

I cannot get it via iTunes on the desktop either as the App Store has been removed from iTunes 12

We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Yep done all of that already m8, that's why I am asking here DUH!

As per the OP (did you read it??) I am in Australia so anything US is going to be not really useful!

It does NOT show up in the App Store on the iPad...when I enter the term I get gambling apps and other apps but NO MD-Bt01 Utility app....and with no app store on desktop iTunes 12 I cannot go that route either.

I am now having to look at downgrading to iTunes 10.7 ( I THINK it has Itunes App store still available). Not even sure that is going to work either. Seems the iPad App store automatically restricts you to iPad apps...I have an android phone, so I cannot even look at a firmware upgrade going that route either.

The BT-01 is not pairing and I suspect it is because it needs the firmware 1.04 update.

SOLVED: I had to first downgrade iTunes on the desktop to a version that still allowed App Store - then found the iPhone app MD-BT01 (NOT available on the iPad App Store with latest iOS - IE no iPhone apps can be accessed!!)

Downloaded the app to the old Itunes (10.8) desktop version, then ran iMazing to "restore" the iPhone app to the iPad...still wouldn't pair, but I ran MIDIFire just to be sure, and it showed up in it. Ran a test with a few apps vis MIDIFire and it works! Latency is surprisingly good.

It is also showing up as paired (but ONLY after running MIDIFire). I am going to try and see what happens when I turn off MIDIFire. To see if the instrument apps will still "see" the MT as a valid device.

Exciting times.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:Exciting times.
haha, yeah....but what a rigmarole! You'd think Yamaha would make this available on the iPad App Store as well as the iPhone section.

Anyhoo....oh and it seems to retain the link even when MIDIFire is closed but early days yet. Still to test out properly.

Well I did this,
Launch AppStore app on iPad.
Go to search and enter Yamaha.
Change the filter in top left to iphone only
Scroll down to MD-BT01/UD-BT01 Utility by Yamaha Corporation
Press the get button.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/md-bt01 ... 01794?mt=8
Instant human just add coffee

Ahh, the filter..haha, I did not notice that and tbh did not even think to check it. Did just now and yes then it appears. Good tip!

I'll rememebr that in future!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”