Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
tl wrote:... these suppose to be created by richard d. james:
http://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/co ... _converted (http://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/3pyljg/richards_dx9_patches_converted)

cheers,
tl.
Oh that's the SysEx I made. Yep, those came from Richard's soundcloud page. He posted the audio file of the cassette dump because he liked the sound. I converted it with a DX9, but it works on the DX7 as well. The patches aren't particularly crazy, but he did use the mod wheel in an interesting way on some of them.

You were much more successful than I was : https://forum.watmm.com/topic/88657-aph ... try2365936

---

I have Dexed installed on 2 Macs - it runs under Logic on both. Works great. BUT... I have some new sounds I have created on Mac #1 but saving the channel strip & presets does not work when they are ported over to Mac #2.... this usually works fine with other AU plugins. Anyone know how to make this work?

bertCS01 wrote:I have Dexed installed on 2 Macs - it runs under Logic on both. Works great. BUT... I have some new sounds I have created on Mac #1 but saving the channel strip & presets does not work when they are ported over to Mac #2.... this usually works fine with other AU plugins. Anyone know how to make this work?
Because youre on a Mac. :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

+1 If you're serious about music, get rid of the Macs.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hi.
There is anyone here that could write the patch converter tool or add the option to Dexed to convert/use PX7 patches from Propellerhead Reason PX7 Rack Extension/ DX7 emulation ?

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

I have a lot of RE patches for the PX7 that I made with this synth and I would love to convert them to syx. format and use with my Korg VOLCA FM and Dexed. The PX7 patches are in simple XML format (you can read that in notepad) so it should be very easy to convert them back. The only issue that you might have with it would be the "macro controls" ( brightness, touch, attack, decay) that also would have to be translated to the converted patch. Even more, Propellerhead already have the syx. converter to RE patches, but sadly it works only one way, and they don't have any plans for updating it as far as I know.
(I already asked them about that - but it's nothing official)

Here is the link for the online syx. to RE patch converter: https://www.propellerheads.se/dx7-px7-converter/

I also attached the default PX7 RE patch to this reply so you can check how the xml looks for it.

I think that anyone with the basic programming skills and DX7 patch knowledge should be able to do that patch converter, and if you know that kind of person please let them know about this request. It would be really great if all the PX7 users could use the PX7 patches in Dexed ;)

If you manage to help me out with the patches translator in return I can share the access to the converted patches and also sound libraries of your choice from our soundware catalog: https://naviretlav.com/collections/soundware

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aloysius wrote:+1 If you're serious about music, get rid of the Macs.
:hihi: :clap:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I've spent a bit of time with this synth and eyes shut ears open sounds identical 8) to my brother's DX7, which I spent many hours trying to program back in the 80's :?

The Dexed interface has me puzzled though, so the DX7 programming sort of lives on. I can't work out how to use those envelopes, they seem to stick when setting the release? Is there a manual?

I think it could do with a larger interface with a different more manageable layout, but, sound-wise...

an excellent synth plugin...

Why does it have that vibe to the sound where FM8 seems lacking ?

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Hemmick Reef wrote:I've spent a bit of time with this synth and eyes shut ears open sounds identical 8) to my brother's DX7, which I spent many hours trying to program back in the 80's :?

The Dexed interface has me puzzled though, so the DX7 programming sort of lives on. I can't work out how to use those envelopes, they seem to stick when setting the release? Is there a manual?
You mean, like THIS? :hihi:

Or THIS
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:I've spent a bit of time with this synth and eyes shut ears open sounds identical 8) to my brother's DX7, which I spent many hours trying to program back in the 80's :?

Or THIS
I'll just go and get my anorak before I read those two, especially the second :tu:

fmr wrote:

Or THIS
Yes , the release time can go on forver .
There also a few bugs in dexed , pure graphical ;where the algoritm picture is wrong ..too tired too look it up right now .

Envelopes are easy , these are almost the same as on the ensoniq and roland pcm .
Rate 1 = time it takes to go to level 1
rate 2 = time it takes to go FROM level 1 to level 2
rate 3= time it .....to go rom level 2 TO level 3 .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fmr wrote:

Or THIS
Yes , the release time can go on forver .
There also a few bugs in dexed , pure graphical ;where the algoritm picture is wrong ..too tired too look it up right now .

Envelopes are easy , these are almost the same as on the ensoniq and roland pcm .
Rate 1 = time it takes to go to level 1 from initial level ( level 0 )
rate 2 = time it takes to go FROM level 1 to level 2
rate 3= time it .....to go rom level 2 TO level 3 .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Ok thanks, that helps a bit. I just need to mess around with it a bit more to get used to it.

Return to “Instruments”