Where are OverTone DSP at?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Website & Facebook seems to have disappeared,KVR forum closed

Hmm, bummer I hope they haven't folded. Unfortunately, some companies
just fade into obscurity sometimes. I just discovered that another company
VIAdsp makers of Crushfilter (dsp by AudioThing) had disappeared without my
even noticing. I don't seem to have a copy either. although, I guess I wasnt using
it enough to notice, I liked it though.

Too bad. Hopefully OverTone is just doing some work on their image or something.

-Cheers

just had a look on the UK companies office - ACMT (the parent company) is still listed as active. But the acmt site is also down

also checked up Mike Start’s profile on linkedin - still lists him as owner/director of ACMT/overtoneDSP

This is a bit of a coincidence but i've been researching ssl mixing desks and when i saw this thread the name rung a bell (i've never heard of them before) and sure enough, this was posted yesterday. http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/overtone-dsp-eq4000

griffin wrote:This is a bit of a coincidence but i've been researching ssl mixing desks and when i saw this thread the name rung a bell (i've never heard of them before) and sure enough, this was posted yesterday. http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/overtone-dsp-eq4000
These are usually prepared weeks before being published. :shrug:

I have been in contact with Mike on October 10th, but other than that I had no idea about this, I hope it's only temporary.
It's easy if you know how

This is always what scares me about 'investing' in small/one man shop developers.
Yes in most cases the product doesn't stop working, but you can expect no bug fixes etc when the next DAW or OS upgrade comes out, if they are new bugs introduced.
Worse if the copy protection is C/R (don't know what protection Overtone Dsp used), I am speaking in general.
rsp
sound sculptist

I've no real idea but isn't this the pattern of a company which has been purchased by a nother/larger company?

They wouldn't have been able to mention it publicly, but once the papers have been signed and assets transferred and all that business-ey stuff, a public release would happen. I know nothing, just speculating based on what I've read here.

Maybe NI bought them out for 50 million.

I own some of their stuffs, so I be watching d thread mon.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

CinningBao wrote:I've no real idea but isn't this the pattern of a company which has been purchased by a nother/larger company?

They wouldn't have been able to mention it publicly, but once the papers have been signed and assets transferred and all that business-ey stuff, a public release would happen. I know nothing, just speculating based on what I've read here.
That indeed was my first thought. Not sure why avid popped in my mind though.
did they do aax plugin formats too?
rsp
sound sculptist

Aloysius wrote:Maybe NI bought them out for 50 million.

I own some of their stuffs, so I be watching d thread mon.
lol was that your jamaican accent?
lol
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes. Not very convincing, is it? :hihi:
Last edited by Aloysius on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloysius wrote:Yes. Not very convincing, is it?
lol

i would have to hear it :-)
But surely it was the tourist spelling that give it away :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Mi find a translata to help mi ow does dis sound?

Return to “Effects”