Help needed in basic stuff :P

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

One thing that is keeping me from buying FLS is the workflow.

For example I make a bass pattern, I want to name and color it in the channel rack. Okay? Next, I'd like to have that same name and color in mixer, pattern name and playlist track. From channel rack it's easy to move/copy it to mixer since it's only one tiny button to hit and it's done. But how about pattern name and playlist? I have to manually write and color everything?

Takes time from the original "fastest way from brain to speakers" thing so much that it turns to "slowest way".

The re-naming task in FL is not ideal for sure.
It's among the many 'details' in the program that FL that cause frustration and irritation.
there is no program-wide method for this. the thing i do is :
making a new channel, right click it in the channel window, rename and colour etc.
Then, when you want to rename the corresponding channel in the mixer or the playlist Press SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK and then click the little triangle drop-down menu where you will find the corresponding name. This you can do in all the windows where renaming is an option. The thing is a drag though when it comes to deleting/replacing the name. it does not do so 'application wide' so that is an irritation for sure.
FL is a solid program, it has a lot going on, but workflow, i.e. lack of shortcuts or customizing shortcuts, windows layouts and customizing in general, all of which would make an already great DAW a much more smooth ( and happy) workflow. I get the sense from forums that this is NOT on the cards for 13 so... Check the manual, there are various other tips for renaming etc...

Addendum: You can also get the rename box by MIDDLE clicking on the track or channel...

Return to “Image Line”