Komplete 11 Ultimate Conundrum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, I went into my NI account and these are the two relevant things I found though there is a ton of other stuff there that I guess also had to be registered with NI.

KOMPLETE 9 (serial number)
REAKTOR 6 Update (serial number)

So does this mean I can sell Reaktor 6 after I buy K11U if I get it?
I believe you can sell the upgrade if you upgraded your Komplete Reaktor 5.
So, if you just paid the upgrade price you can only sell the upgrade.
But if you bought full blown Reaktor 6, then yes you can sell the full blown license.
So in other words, if what I have is an upgrade and not the full Reaktor 6, the person who buys it from me has to at least have Reaktor 5.

Correct?

Yes, it's Reaktor 6 update where the buyer must own an older Reaktor version he can upgrade from.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

My gut says you bought an upgrade to Reaktor 6. You can sell that, but remember you are selling an upgrade. That means that the buyer will have to have a previous version of Reaktor to use it. That simple.

You won't screw yourself, even if you end up with two Reaktors in the mix because the new content is worth it just for the extreme variety. There is a great chart here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

This shows the difference between what you have and what you will get.

Great chart.

thejonsolo wrote:My gut says you bought an upgrade to Reaktor 6. You can sell that, but remember you are selling an upgrade. That means that the buyer will have to have a previous version of Reaktor to use it. That simple.

You won't screw yourself, even if you end up with two Reaktors in the mix because the new content is worth it just for the extreme variety. There is a great chart here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

This shows the difference between what you have and what you will get.

Great chart.
Thanks for the chart. Now if only I could figure out how to read it. The Legend doesn't really help much when there are so many boxes that are white and empty.

Okay, I figured out the Legend.

Question: Some stuff that I have in K9 has been discontinued. Does that mean I lose it if I get K11U?

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I figured out the Legend.

Question: Some stuff that I have in K9 has been discontinued. Does that mean I lose it if I get K11U?
No
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:

No
So then people who have been getting Ultimate from day 1 have everything that's ever been made even if it's not available any longer?

wagtunes wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:

No
So then people who have been getting Ultimate from day 1 have everything that's ever been made even if it's not available any longer?
Pretty much

shidostrife wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:

No
Pretty much
well not exactly I don't think, many things were deprecated prior to the first time Ultimate was available IIRC. So, you really mean from Komplete 1 .. then the answer is yes you have everthing. However, I also think there are some plugs that even if you have them can no longer be activated.. but again, I'm not in this boat so I could be wrong.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
shidostrife wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:

No
Pretty much
well not exactly I don't think, many things were deprecated prior to the first time Ultimate was available IIRC. So, you really mean from Komplete 1 .. then the answer is yes you have everthing. However, I also think there are some plugs that even if you have them can no longer be activated.. but again, I'm not in this boat so I could be wrong.
Ah yes, I forgot Ultimate only started from K8U.

It was time to upgrade from K9U for me. The new pianos, Replica XT, Reaktor 6 some synths and then the ethnic and symphonic stuff = much value for price. But now the stupid HD is full :help:

wagtunes wrote:
jancivil wrote:just for a contrary take: I'm probably a bigger NI user than you, in preference to most things. But I have never bought Komplete. I started with NI in 2003 when a modest Komplete relative to now was like $1699 (albeit memory fuzzes). So even as the bang for the buck has grown, I haven't changed disposition really. When I look at Komplete today, there is very little I don't have that really would drive me to buy unless I felt pretty fat. Ultimate has more I'd want but these things have competition rather directly (orchestral samples)...
So what do you do when NI comes out with a new synth, which these days appears to be all Reaktor based? You just buy them singularly?
Yeah, I'm an idiot like that. No, that's my economy, $99 I can maybe justify. Today this upgrade is $199.50 which is pretty fantastic but can't happen. Actually I'm not much of an impulse buyer; last time I got excited enough to buy was Kontour but after demoing it (more than once, yeah) I'm not desperate to have it. If you have the money just do it, be good for bidness, not like me.

jancivil wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
jancivil wrote:just for a contrary take: I'm probably a bigger NI user than you, in preference to most things. But I have never bought Komplete. I started with NI in 2003 when a modest Komplete relative to now was like $1699 (albeit memory fuzzes). So even as the bang for the buck has grown, I haven't changed disposition really. When I look at Komplete today, there is very little I don't have that really would drive me to buy unless I felt pretty fat. Ultimate has more I'd want but these things have competition rather directly (orchestral samples)...
So what do you do when NI comes out with a new synth, which these days appears to be all Reaktor based? You just buy them singularly?
Yeah, I'm an idiot like that. No, that's my economy, $99 I can maybe justify. Today this upgrade is $199.50 which is pretty fantastic but can't happen. Actually I'm not much of an impulse buyer; last time I got excited enough to buy was Kontour but after demoing it (more than once, yeah) I'm not desperate to have it. If you have the money just do it, be good for bidness, not like me.
No, I actually understand. If you've got almost everything up to now, it makes sense. I, on the other hand, am missing a crap ton of stuff. Had no idea how much. So for another $99 instead of just getting the 4 Reaktor Ensembles I want, I get everything that's in Komplete at this point in time. It would be almost stupid for me not to. In fact, was going to pull the trigger today but had a few things come up that kept me from doing it. But will probably do it tomorrow or Monday.

hmm, I never thought I would enter NI world. I always thought "why the heck would someone be tied to a system like NI - with a very expensive entry ticket".

well, the world turns, I bought replika xt, and now seeing a lot of value of NI komplete. I also took a jump to studio one pro 3 recently from logic, and there is a lack of option that makes me feel heartbroken =/

My ears are also changing... and tastes too...

so, what could u live without NI's world?

What you couldn't imagine ur life without NI's KOMPLETE?

thanks!!!

michaeltn86 wrote: What you couldn't imagine ur life without NI's KOMPLETE?
this is going to be a person by person thing .. I answer earlier but

Kontakt - must have
Kontakt stock library - I don't use it at all
Kontakt add-on libraries - I don't use at all

Reaktor - glad to have but don't use often
Reaktor prebuilt synth/ensembles - there are some that I use occasionally, but wouldn't notice much if I didn't have them.

Replika XT - I use some
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Instruments”