Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

godly wrote:As long as everything is readable.
From a designer: "Unless you really want to push the goth look, avoid red on a black background, even with images. Blue and purple are just as bad. Text in these colors on a black background are also completely unreadable. In fact, almost any color of text on a black background is hard to read, even white. Usually, you should use colored or white boxes if you need to put more than a line of text on a black background. Black is simply too strong of a color and overpowers every other color on the page."

I have the feeling that msvs smiles when he sees how one person can churn skins in days given the fact they took probably weeks/months to figure out their default skin.

sircuit wrote:
godly wrote:As long as everything is readable.
From a designer: "Unless you really want to push the goth look, avoid red on a black background, even with images. Blue and purple are just as bad. Text in these colors on a black background are also completely unreadable. In fact, almost any color of text on a black background is hard to read, even white. Usually, you should use colored or white boxes if you need to put more than a line of text on a black background. Black is simply too strong of a color and overpowers every other color on the page."

I have the feeling that msvs smiles when he sees how one person can churn skins in days given the fact they took probably weeks/months to figure out their default skin.
Hehe Good one :)
The default skin is made by Satyatunes, a very well experienced GUI designer.
And trust me, it takes lots of time for a skin to finish, I've been working months now on those skins.

Only thing is I can create a new one fast, that is within a couple if days, is because I have the workflow ready (photoshop file and actions). But it doesn't limit you to make your own, right? :)

Still it's all a matter of taste.
Last edited by godly on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

It's a matter of taste when one spends relatively less time with a certain GUI in front of one's eyes. But when one spends hours and hours, this becomes a matter of optimized design in order to limit eye fatigue - and here there are not so many (color) options.

This is the reason some people (surfers) prefer all forms of eye candy and other people (designers) prefer (sometimes downright ugly but) readable skins.

As for me making a skin, thanx but no thanx :) - I can't afford to lose even more time not doing music, I mean I'll rather spend time designing sounds

I'm betting godly wouldn't get a fraction of this criticism if he was giving away his work for free. Just because the man charges a pittance for his skins, it seems like people pile on the criticism harsh. I don't envy you!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:Contrast between red and black is actually nice for dimly lit studios. This is a common practice in the scientific field when using displays in astronomy (for telescopes, etc). Your pupils generally don't dilate with red on black.
I dont‘ do synthesis from the command room of a radio telescope or an uboat. Please, can we get a lighter GUI... i d prepared to pay for one that is actually not so dark.

anyways, enough skin talk. Skins doesnt make samples or music :D

I'm assuming during xmas is the first upcoming 20% discount possibility right now? I'm in need of more expansions but $70 USD is a bit too expensive for me per expansion.

Hey guys I am currently working on a DX7 expansion! There is close to 200 multi sampled patches at the moment, mixed one shot and looped. I have been having a blast building this so I thought I would share a Demo!! :D

10 patches , 22 multisamples and 1 shape (Its a good shape) haha

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nh4p061yow8u ... a2vma?dl=0

EnochLight wrote:I'm betting godly wouldn't get a fraction of this criticism if he was giving away his work for free. Just because the man charges a pittance for his skins, it seems like people pile on the criticism harsh. I don't envy you!
I am sure some people like to bling there VSTs, and the seller has every right to charge for his work :tu:

Personally I still wouldn't use these skins if they were free (no offence intended, I just prefer the default skin).

I have however bought skins before for for both Diva and Zebra that add clarity and real functionality (http://plugmon.org/aiko/) - skins like this fundamentally change the workflow/readability for the better and add features so are worth the money to me, so if Godly does any like this for Avenger I would certainly consider it, but to be fair, Avenger was pretty well laid out and had a pretty good modulation feedback system to start with....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

EnochLight wrote:I'm betting godly wouldn't get a fraction of this criticism if he was giving away his work for free. Just because the man charges a pittance for his skins, it seems like people pile on the criticism harsh. I don't envy you!
I use the default skin even I have two builtin free skins (like everyone else). So I couldn't care less if the skins are free or paid. I ignored everything skin related because they were clearly not for my eyes, then someone was proposing that ridiculous "deal" for Vengeance to buy skins and offer them free and feelt like commenting against a proposal that was making no logical sense for anyone, regardless the quality of the product in discussion.

And now, seeing that the skins are always dark and there's not even one to draw my interest at a minimum level, I decided to offer a backed-up-by-pros criticism. Of course in a world Wagtunes sells presets these skins can make sales. Anyway, I already said what I had to say regarding these, so I promise I'll never comment on Godly's skins. Peace.

EnochLight wrote:Contrast between red and black is actually nice for dimly lit studios. This is a common practice in the scientific field when using displays in astronomy (for telescopes, etc). Your pupils generally don't dilate with red on black.
Contrast between red and black, or red and dark grey, ISN't good. It's actually the worst choice a graphical designer can do. It's known that a very significant number of persons worldwide suffer from color blindness in some degree in what concerns this particular combination. More about this here: http://accessibility.psu.edu/color/colorvisiondetails/
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Contrast between red and black, or red and dark grey, ISN't good. It's actually the worst choice a graphical designer can do. It's known that a very significant number of persons worldwide suffer from color blindness in some degree in what concerns this particular combination. More about this here: http://accessibility.psu.edu/color/colorvisiondetails/
Speaking from experience, I disagree. I use red on black displays while doing backyard astronomy and can absolutely vouch for the usefulness in dimly lit situations. And frankly, the skin in question has much better contrast that this:

IMG_0242.jpg

Sure, it sucks for those who are color blind, but the skin in question isn't aimed towards them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Wavegem wrote:Hey guys I am currently working on a DX7 expansion! There is close to 200 multi sampled patches at the moment, mixed one shot and looped. I have been having a blast building this so I thought I would share a Demo!! :D

10 patches , 22 multisamples and 1 shape (Its a good shape) haha

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nh4p061yow8u ... a2vma?dl=0
Thanks a lot Wavegem :party:

EnochLight wrote:
fmr wrote:
Sure, it sucks for those who are color blind, but the skin in question isn't aimed towards them.
Well, according to this site: https://nei.nih.gov/health/color_blindness/facts_about

as many as 8 percent of men and 0.5 percent of women with Northern European ancestry have the common form of red-green color blindness.

I am not aware I have some kind of Northern European ancestry, as I am a southenr european, but I have a a form of red-green color blindness although not too severe.

But yes, this is an alternative skin, so, no argument about that. Problem is when we have those color combinations as the standard skin in a plug-in.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Well, according to this site: https://nei.nih.gov/health/color_blindness/facts_about

as many as 8 percent of men and 0.5 percent of women with Northern European ancestry have the common form of red-green color blindness.

I am not aware I have some kind of Northern European ancestry, as I am a southenr european, but I have a a form of red-green color blindness although not too severe.

But yes, this is an alternative skin, so, no argument about that. Problem is when we have those color combinations as the standard skin in a plug-in.
There are more than just people of "Northern European" ancestry in the world, and certainly in the plugin market. Again, if you're color blind - the skin being discussed clearly isn't for you. For those of us who prefer to work in dimly lit studios, it's an option.

ZaBong69 wrote:
I dont‘ do synthesis from the command room of a radio telescope or an uboat. Please, can we get a lighter GUI... i d prepared to pay for one that is actually not so dark.
A light chrome version is coming up
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Return to “Instruments”