Cubase 9.5 launch today!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

I don't know if you know this, but you can filter the Plugin Manager to show you which plugins will use the 64 bit processing engine.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

lfm wrote: Only things left - that is really needed:
a) full context help - and no need to be online to get anything.
It's pdf manual now - and even find that rather good in last years - but to just rightclick or a helpbutton everywhere in dialogs etc - and just get into help for that part.

ProTools made their own help system and it works really well. So they are independent on platform. So relying on Windows help - one can see the difficulty in redoing very different thing on Mac. Just make you own help system for Cubase.

b) restore support staff to levels it used to be
One thing to have peaks for certain period after release for a product - but constantly having almost unresponsive support is not what you expect if to aspire to professionals and for real compete with ProTools.

It could be staff more present on Issue-forum for a dialog - that would be superb.

We are all in this together - users/cstuomers and developers - and everybody wins.
And removing dongle. It hinders large number of users who only using laptop migrate. I think other daw companies really fear the day come.

tooneba wrote: And removing dongle. It hinders large number of users who only using laptop migrate. I think other daw companies really fear the day come.
They can rest easy, that day ain't coming any time soon.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

The Cubase 9.5 project sounds great. the stock plugins make a difference.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote: Here's a quick test someone did: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 0&t=126461
He's delusional. The 64bit processing isn't even being used in his scenario he describes.
Then explain how he got a consistent performance boost in both tests?
Philippe Goultier (the creator of Wavelab) even mentioned that 64 bit summing has performance benefits in a completely unrelated discussion: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 36#p686179

ah I smell snake oil

rasmusklump wrote:ah I smell snake oil
You're free to register there and correct him if you think that the author and lone programmer of one the best mastering DAWs around is wrong.

quick one as I might be doing something daft/odd/having a brain fart.

trying to record external input to Marian AD2 pcie card but not having anything go into cubase or on tracks. Tracks armed and monitoring turned on. Worked fine with cubase 9.

I can hear audio when I turn on direct monitoring, although nothing records and cubase metering stays low.
When I turn off direct monitoring I just get noise , like I have gain turned up too loud.

Reinstalled sound card drivers , twice. Audio input is showing on soundcards dsp mixer levels fine. All cubase inputs and outputs are correctly set.

edit: records fine in Soundforge.

is it just me having major problems with this 9.5 update?? Crashes , freezes and now can't even record audio?

edit 2:

Reformatted PC. Loaded Cubase 9.5 and tried to record , it worked. Then swapped to 64 bit processing in the audio settings and the noise comes back

64 bit processing isn't working correctly on my system. Anyone else?
Last edited by wickfut on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BTW Does anyone know how to load an insert effect so that it directly loads a .VSTPreset instead of the default state?

I have this reverb that I use with certain presets only and it would save a lot of time if I could just directly load the .vstpreset file into the insert slot instead of first loading the reverb in default state, then loading the vstpreset into that... I am the only one annoyed by this?

Liero wrote:BTW Does anyone know how to load an insert effect so that it directly loads a .VSTPreset instead of the default state?

I have this reverb that I use with certain presets only and it would save a lot of time if I could just directly load the .vstpreset file into the insert slot instead of first loading the reverb in default state, then loading the vstpreset into that... I am the only one annoyed by this?
right click in the VST preset name box and you will see a set current settings as default option.

wickfut wrote:
Liero wrote:BTW Does anyone know how to load an insert effect so that it directly loads a .VSTPreset instead of the default state?

right click in the VST preset name box and you will see a set current settings as default option.
That only changes the default state? I have about 4 basic presets I use with reverb and I want to load one of them directly.

So what you're saying is that it's not possible?

Liero wrote:
wickfut wrote:

That only changes the default state? I have about 4 basic presets I use with reverb and I want to load one of them directly.

the little tiny box next to the insert/strip on the channel "e" page allow you save and load effects chains in the same state as you saved them.

wickfut wrote:
Liero wrote:
wickfut wrote:

the little tiny box next to the insert/strip on the channel "e" page allow you save and load effects chains in the same state as you saved them.
Yes... and effect chains steamroll over all the other inserts you might have on the channel. So if I want to add a reverb and I already have an EQ and a compressor on the track, loading a "reverb" fx chain deletes the EQ and compressor...

so what you basically want is multiple default states?

How would you load them, drag from a desktop folder?

wickfut wrote:so what you basically want is multiple default states?

How would you load them, drag from a desktop folder?
I'd like to be able to drag a .VSTPRESET file from Cubase's own Media Bay into an empty insert slot, and have it load. As it stands it just doesn't work - you first have to load the corresponding plugin and then drag the vstpreset or use the plugin ui to load the preset.

Of course it'd be great if the vst effect selector that appears when you click on an insert itself had Presets available, not just plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”