FUN FACTOR

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi today i realize simple fact that no matter how advanced your skills and understanding about vst synths are ,there is one thing that iz probably more fundamental and define use of a synth more, than anything else and determine you choice...the title say it with two words - It's so basic we probably even don't think about it - the Fun Factor :):):):):):)My question is simple - which vst synths gives you more pleasure and have more fun playing or programming than any other - my top 3:
1.Sylenth1
2.Synthmaster One
3.Firebird

For me, it's generally a good electric or acoustic piano sim; I just open up Mr. Tramp, Mr. Ray, or Pianoteq (with the electric pack), and I'm good for a few hours. But then, I'm a simple guy, trained traditionally… spent a lot of hours doing just that, with several instruments.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Serum and Falcon are the most fun VSTIs in my opinion. Especially Serum since its just so user friendly.

Also Bitwig, not a VST of course but the Modulator system is really really Fun to use and experiment with.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Cyclop always puts a smile on my face. VCV Rack is doing it for me too ... and the quick n dirty sequencer on my Microbrute. That's a really FUN little synth. :ud:

Thorn played with LinnStrument, also a bunch of MPE compatible iPad synths

I found out that VIP preset manager is very efficient in terms of speed, but no fun at all. This is a difference between enthusiast and a professional :help:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Spencer Maddox wrote:Especially Serum since its just so user friendly.
Can't argue with that. It seems like I'm always finding new tidbits to explore. :P It's such a deceptively simple layout...

VCV rack is a ton of fun too. Had some fun demoing the Moog Modular V recently as well...
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Can I cheat and say I've been having a lot more fun over the last year using KORG Gadget on my iPhone to make music anywhere, anytime than I had been on my PC? If not, ignore :D

vitocorleone123 wrote:Can I cheat and say I've been having a lot more fun over the last year using KORG Gadget on my iPhone to make music anywhere, anytime than I had been on my PC? If not, ignore :D
Gadget's actually pretty damn fun. I was really surprised when I heard they were bringing it over to OSX.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”