Pauses in cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Googly Smythe wrote:That Focusrite interface gets mostly bad reviews - get a different/better one.
I really wish that I had sought out the bad reviews before I bought it two years ago. The Scarlett 2i4 is by far my most regretted purchased ever. The thing is that I don't think it's the interface itself that's problem: I think it's the ASIO driver that's the problem. The fact that it doesn't go beyond 1024 buffer, and has the UI is extremely limited....yeah.....all that of that makes for a bad time.

I'm hoping to try one of Steinberg's interfaces soon. I need to do more research.

I used Generic Low Latency driver .. I can see that the clicks and pops have reduced considerably .. Though I can see that its getting overloaded in the meters .

May be the drivers are the issue ..

I am gonna change my audio interface .. May be purchase something on thanksgiving ..

Which one would you guys suggest ?
I generally tend to use lot of tracks and mostly midi data .

I've heard fairly good things about the Steinberg UR series - not too expensive!

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/a ... 2mkii.html

i have had steinberg ur22 for a few years and havent had any problems with it

i would recommend it

I looked at the Focusrite and there were too many complaints, by far, yeah.
I bought a Steinberg interface and there were no problems but it wasn't a low latency solution at all. Mac OS, which may make a big diff, however.

I recommend RME, if you are on a desktop a PCI-e card.

How about apollo duo ?

Perhaps you should tell us what your budget is.
I use RMEs AIO. But it costs a few hundred euros.

Googly Smythe wrote:Perhaps you should tell us what your budget is.
I use RMEs AIO. But it costs a few hundred euros.
How many tracks do you generally use ? What load do you give it ?

I had months of awful problems with my Scarlett 18i8 gen 1 - it took me weeks to solve it, tech support tried to help but couldnt figure it out either. Try this...might be a dif problem of course but worth a shot:

Go to Windows device manager and uninstall the focusrite device - make sure you check the box to uninstall driver - then restart and wait for windows to automatically reinstall the device - then go to DM again and follow the same process until it no longer installs automatically (the problem seems to be related to having old versions of the focusrite driver installed..or something) - once there are no old drivers for windows to install it with, downlaod the latest driver (im on the latest beta one now, but that may not be necessary) and install - hopefully it should be ok.. assuming its the same issue.

Scratch that, problems are back, no idea why...wtf.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”