The Entropy Clause (ElectroProg - Seismic Disorderliness)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rvkYoDleFool wrote::tu: Very good transparent sound. Good ambient.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, rvkYoDleFool. Glad you liked it :)

layzer wrote:Some very nice ambient choirs that just came over huge on my phones. great build up as usual
with some deliciously creepy droans. dark and dirty hit the nail on the head. nice one, Tim.
Thanks very much for the great write-up, layzer, and thanks for listening. It's great to get out of the DAW occasionally, even if only for an hour or so :wink: Glad you liked it :)

Musica universalis!!!

Just been writing a short article on Music of the Spheres and the ancient connection between music, mathematics, and astronomy...don't ask why...it's a looooong story!" :0)

Music of the Spheres is NOT really meant be actually an audible thing a such, but if it was...this may well be it!!!

Simple, epic AWESOMENESS!

ChamMusic wrote:Musica universalis!!!

Just been writing a short article on Music of the Spheres and the ancient connection between music, mathematics, and astronomy...don't ask why...it's a looooong story!" :0)

Music of the Spheres is NOT really meant be actually an audible thing a such, but if it was...this may well be it!!!

@ChamMusic Very much looking forward to reading your article...

Most probably you're not speaking german...if by surprise you do, allow me to share a impressive wall of text explaining math fundamentals, for instance overtones and the relation to dur intervalls. The Titel is translated to "Music is perceptible, time-related, hearable Math" ...
http://12koerbe.de/arche/wasmusik.htm

What interests me in your announcement is the astronomy part. I myself was thinking about frequencies in the nature like onse heart beat, self oscillation frequencies of things, spectral lines of elements...

Cheers
] Peter:H [

Hi Peter,
My wife reads and speaks reasonably fluent, (If a bit rusty), German and was able to give me the bare bones of the article!

"You said: What interests me in your announcement is the astronomy part"...

Musica universalis / Music of the Spheres is a very old philosophical concept really; not actually audible as such...it's metaphysical, dude and NOT something one should mention out loud in Glastonbury, UK or you will attract loads of slightly confused, glassy-eyed attention! :0)

Very big in academic circles in medieval Europe where it combined mathematical, religious and harmonic thinking. Origins, particularly the 'harmonic' element, can be traced all the way back to ancient Greece and Pythagoras' work on frequencies and vibration...he got a bit carried away and went onto mathematically analyse the movements of various celestial bodies...

He basically suggested that the planets, moons, suns etc all create their own unique frequency based on their orbits and that this inaudible 'sound' directly affected the quality of life on earth! 'Harmony of the Spheres' is a more accurate translation of his phrase.

ChamMusic wrote:Hi Peter,
My wife reads and speaks reasonably fluent, (If a bit rusty), German and was able to give me the bare bones of the article!

"You said: What interests me in your announcement is the astronomy part"...

Musica universalis / Music of the Spheres is a very old philosophical concept really; not actually audible as such...it's metaphysical, dude and NOT something one should mention out loud in Glastonbury, UK or you will attract loads of slightly confused, glassy-eyed attention! :0)

Very big in academic circles in medieval Europe where it combined mathematical, religious and harmonic thinking. Origins, particularly the 'harmonic' element, can be traced all the way back to ancient Greece and Pythagoras' work on frequencies and vibration...he got a bit carried away and went onto mathematically analyse the movements of various celestial bodies...

He basically suggested that the planets, moons, suns etc all create their own unique frequency based on their orbits and that this inaudible 'sound' directly affected the quality of life on earth! 'Harmony of the Spheres' is a more accurate translation of his phrase.
Hi Mark,

thanks for the short explanation. Now I'm even more I'm looking forward reading your text.
If possible please drop me a note, I would like to read thru it. It sounds interesting.

Cheers
] Peter: [

] Peter:H [ wrote:
OMG, the hair on my forearm ... this track is great.
I have to definitely check out Ambient Online.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Peter. I'm pleased that it hit the right spot :D

There are usually some interesting projects going on over at AO, and lots of great music is being posted over there.

Good dark drone. I'll check out the album.

Kyrpto wrote:Got some very deep space vibes to it. Great candidate for a sound track as others have mentioned. Dark ambient indeed. Great work!
Thank you very much for listening and commenting, Kyrpto. Glad you enjoyed it :)

This track was intended as a sequel to L'Énergie Concentrée, whose origins were certainly founded upon a Space theme.

What a trip. :tu:

ChamMusic wrote:Musica universalis!!!

Thanks very much for the great words, and for listening, Mark. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I have one word for you - asteroseismology :o

I'm more of a Helioseismology kinda guy myself! :0)

Seriously, I thought you'd made it up until I decided to give it a quick search!

Weirdly, I then realized in a massive DOH! moment that a colleague of mine at school, (who is very heavily into all things astronomical in Birmingham, UK) has been linked with asteroseismology and helioseismology for years and I hadn't twigged at all!

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/a ... ology.aspx

Excellent work. Nice and dense without being overbearing. The pace of change is good, keeps the piece interesting. Love the little pings here and there.

Thanks for sharing!

Genetic_Junk wrote:Good dark drone. I'll check out the album.
Thanks very much for the listen, and the comment, GJ. Glad you liked it :)

I listened to the first 4 or 5 tracks when the album was released. I'm about to unzip it and listen to the rest.

Unreflected wrote:What a trip. :tu:
Thanks very much for listening, Unreflected. Glad you enjoyed it, and welcome back :)

Return to “Music Cafe”