iRig Keys I/O now shipping [added free microphone offer March 2018]

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
5898 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:52 am

Image

Click here to learn more

25 and 49 key controllers with high definition audio interface

IK Multimedia is proud to announce iRig Keys I/O, the only keyboard controllers with 25 or 49 full-size keys for iOS, Mac and PC to offer built-in high definition audio input/output and a massive software bundle are now available worldwide.

iRig Keys I/O features a professional 96kHz/24-bit capable audio interface including a Class A preamp with combo input jack for line, instrument or mic input including phantom power, 1/4” balanced stereo outputs and a high quality 1/8" headphone output ideal for use with the latest iPhone. All of this makes iRig Keys I/O the ideal creative tool for studio or live use.

Read the full news here

Learn about all the features and what's included (FULL SampleTank 3 and more!) at here
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

dermichl
KVRist
237 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Thomann does list it "available November 30"...

rockbottom
KVRist
156 posts since 14 Aug, 2004

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:00 am

well, I bet the folks at IKM still haven't guessed what aftertouch control can be used for…

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10510 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:34 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Image

Click here to learn more

25 and 49 key controllers with high definition audio interface

IK Multimedia is proud to announce iRig Keys I/O, the only keyboard controllers with 25 or 49 full-size keys for iOS, Mac and PC to offer built-in high definition audio input/output and a massive software bundle are now available worldwide.

iRig Keys I/O features a professional 96kHz/24-bit capable audio interface including a Class A preamp with combo input jack for line, instrument or mic input including phantom power, 1/4” balanced stereo outputs and a high quality 1/8" headphone output ideal for use with the latest iPhone. All of this makes iRig Keys I/O the ideal creative tool for studio or live use.

Read the full news here

Learn about all the features and what's included (FULL SampleTank 3 and more!) at here
Would love a 37-key minikeys version of this with 16 knobs instead of pads

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
5898 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Would love a 37-key minikeys version of this with 16 knobs instead of pads
That does sound good. I'll let the team know about this suggestion. Thanks!

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10510 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:13 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Would love a 37-key minikeys version of this with 16 knobs instead of pads
That does sound good. I'll let the team know about this suggestion. Thanks!
I'm not sure what I am looking for is possible in the form factor I'm after. Currently, no controller fits the bill :(

dermichl
KVRist
237 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:24 am

seems like it will be another month according to some sellers in europe. so why not stop flooding this very forum with announcements that ik can't meet at all?

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
5898 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:05 pm

dermichl wrote:seems like it will be another month according to some sellers in europe. so why not stop flooding this very forum with announcements that ik can't meet at all?
I'm sorry that your dealers do not have stock but we are fulfilling orders and have met initial dealer orders. Sometimes the demand for a product is higher than expected (and we do rely on dealers to order enough to fulfill the demand they expect to see) and in those cases there is sometimes a shortage of stock. We will always suggest that dealers order enough stock before the product is released and do our best to help them assess demand, and will continue to help improve this process going forward based on the exceptionally high consumer demand for products like iRig Keys I/O.

Sjefke
KVRist
161 posts since 8 May, 2008

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:30 am

I would love to see so,e feedback on the keybed quallity..
Even musik store was out of stock after the hollidays..
Not going to buy this witouth testing
The irig keys pro keybed didn’t cut it for me.

dermichl
KVRist
237 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:23 pm

any reports on this device already?

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
5898 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:23 am

dermichl wrote:any reports on this device already?
We have some official reviews posted, if interested, on this page

I don't see a written review on Thomann.de but the user that rated there gave it 5 stars. Hopefully more users can chime in here for you.

emasters
KVRist
196 posts since 17 Mar, 2010

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm

I purchased a 49 key unit (with the power adapter), and have had a chance to use it. Previously, I had an iRig Keys Pro that I would use with my iPhone 6 Plus (and iPad). With the removal of the audio jack on my new iPhone 8 Plus, it's more of a hassle to setup the power/audio/midi with the phone -- thus the interest in the iRig Keys IO. I am pleasantly surprised by how simple it is to connect and use (which is what I want with the mobile devices). The feel of the keys is a step up from the iRig Keys Pro - more consistent, a bit more resistance - a good feel for a mobile keyboard. It's light, battery power works fine, controls all work as expected with a good feel, and I like the four touch-sliders for pitch, modulation, octave change and program change. And it's integration with SampleTank IOS is seamless - just works. Two minor observations: (1) the cord for the power adapter is long, but the cord for the mobile device is not very long -- not a big issue, but would have been nice to get another foot or two in length; and (2) the audio plays through the headphone (and speaker) jacks on the back just fine - however, there's no way to hear the audio on the iPhone (or iPad) itself (would have been nice to have this configurable, though I will primarily use headphones, so again not a big deal here). All in all, a good purchase if one is looking for a simple way to connect up to a mobile device. it's nice to attach the keyboard to the phone, plugin the headphones, and just play. Nice job, IK :-)

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
5898 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:34 am

emasters wrote:I purchased a 49 key unit (with the power adapter), and have had a chance to use it. Previously, I had an iRig Keys Pro that I would use with my iPhone 6 Plus (and iPad). With the removal of the audio jack on my new iPhone 8 Plus, it's more of a hassle to setup the power/audio/midi with the phone -- thus the interest in the iRig Keys IO. I am pleasantly surprised by how simple it is to connect and use (which is what I want with the mobile devices). The feel of the keys is a step up from the iRig Keys Pro - more consistent, a bit more resistance - a good feel for a mobile keyboard. It's light, battery power works fine, controls all work as expected with a good feel, and I like the four touch-sliders for pitch, modulation, octave change and program change. And it's integration with SampleTank IOS is seamless - just works. Two minor observations: (1) the cord for the power adapter is long, but the cord for the mobile device is not very long -- not a big issue, but would have been nice to get another foot or two in length; and (2) the audio plays through the headphone (and speaker) jacks on the back just fine - however, there's no way to hear the audio on the iPhone (or iPad) itself (would have been nice to have this configurable, though I will primarily use headphones, so again not a big deal here). All in all, a good purchase if one is looking for a simple way to connect up to a mobile device. it's nice to attach the keyboard to the phone, plugin the headphones, and just play. Nice job, IK :-)
Thank you so much for the kind words! One note on the cable length: We would love to make cables very long but certain connections need to be within the parameters set by Apple in order to be officially Apple MFi certified.

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
5898 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: iRig Keys I/O now shipping (adding free microphone promotion March 2018)

Post Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:01 am

Buy an iRig Keys I/O and get a FREE Microphone

During the month of March 2018, when you buy an iRig Keys I/O 25 or iRig Keys I/O 49 from the IK Online Store or any participating IK reseller, you can get a FREE iRig Keys I/O Mic that lets you record vocals or instruments anywhere!

Click here for more information

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”