Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

The sale has been extended another 30 days too.

Admiral Quality wrote: A big "welcome aboard" to all our new customers who got in on our sale and thank you for your support! You helped us get our main development computer back to life, more powerful and faster than ever, and we're now back to work on the next Poly-Ana update which (we hope) should be out before month-end.
Like I said a few pages back.........
Teksonik wrote: Here's the point...the more copies of Poly-Ana that AQ sells the more likely you and I and all the other people who have owned PA for many years are to actually see a version 3
So the more those of us who own already Poly-Ana promote it the more likely we are to see an update...... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This is only one of a few synths I just have to have. The bass on this thing alone is worth the discount price; lil poly ana is an absolute steal for just presets and modulation/automation. I find really there are no better deals on the net than this thing. Bold claim, but paying for the full price later would suck when you can get this thing for so cheap with version 2.x as free update. If they beef up lil poly with the update, this will be amazing musically using extra fx and such. If they never updated it, it would not make me feel less it's cheap. Mike's informative email reply really made me want to help by buying it. At the discount price it's great to see what's coming without paying the the regular price too. A lot of static on this topic. I decided there wasn't much to lose with what you get with where it's at now.

zerocrossing wrote:
nusound mind wrote:I don't find the cpu hit bad at all if you adjust things. Anti-aliasing really helps, or turn down sound quality to 192, oversampling, polyphony, etc. Not as high quality obvs., but still sounds decent enough imo even then.

Honestly I think the 3 new gui's are fine, esp. compared to that original one. That first one looks brutal. jmo
Put preset 048 "Solo Brass" on at 192 khz. Play some high notes. Not even that high. Wince at the aliasing. Turn "anti-alasing on." Say, "WTF?" Turn anti-aliasing off. Boost quality up to 768. Note it's better, but still noticably aliasing. Load up XILS 4. Never use Poly-Ana again.
Is there any chance for fixing this issue?

Blah, blah, blah...

"I hate menu diving...blah blah..." :x

"I hate tabs on GUI...blah blah..." :x

"I hate lots of controls on the GUI...blah blah..." :x

:roll:

jacqueslacouth wrote:Blah, blah, blah...

Great lyrics! Can't wait to hear the tune. Did you use poly-ana on it?

zerocrossing wrote:
nusound mind wrote:I don't find the cpu hit bad at all if you adjust things. Anti-aliasing really helps, or turn down sound quality to 192, oversampling, polyphony, etc. Not as high quality obvs., but still sounds decent enough imo even then.

Honestly I think the 3 new gui's are fine, esp. compared to that original one. That first one looks brutal. jmo
Put preset 048 "Solo Brass" on at 192 khz. Play some high notes. Not even that high. Wince at the aliasing. Turn "anti-alasing on." Say, "WTF?" Turn anti-aliasing off. Boost quality up to 768. Note it's better, but still noticably aliasing. Load up XILS 4. Never use Poly-Ana again.
I definitely don't see it the same. I know there is a bit of aliasing and I don't tend to prefer the anti-aliasing feature, however to me the xils synth is just nowhere near as satisfying. I think it suffers from a worse version of Arturias style if anti-aliasing that just kills the sound and turns it to fluff. I had Xils 3 (some crazy 5 dollar deal) and it was the only synth I owned that I uninstalled. I just found it to be the most lifeless synth I've tried. I'll take a bit of aliasing over that.

plexuss wrote:

Damn!!!! You're absolutely right!!! I must be getting my lyrics mojo back and I didn't even realise. I seriously haven't written three rhyming lines in years... :D

jacqueslacouth wrote:
plexuss wrote:

Damn!!!! You're absolutely right!!! I must be getting my lyrics mojo back and I didn't even realise. I seriously haven't written three rhyming lines in years... :D
I think it should be a Beatles pastiche where the "bla bla bla" replaces the "ya ya ya"

Couple more days til the sale is over http://www.admiralquality.com/

plexuss wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:
plexuss wrote:

I think it should be a Beatles pastiche where the "bla bla bla" replaces the "ya ya ya"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYfNDHSqrEA

Poly-Ana is on sale for 75% off for it's 10th anniversary Black Friday sale.
So $44.99 down from $179.99 until November 30th.

I've been watching the Black Friday deals closely and this seems like one of the best so far.

I'd really love a 3.0 version.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Straight2Vinyl wrote:Poly-Ana is on sale for 75% off for it's 10th anniversary Black Friday sale.
So $44.99 down from $179.99 until November 30th.

I've been watching the Black Friday deals closely and this seems like one of the best so far.
I am surprised his business is still afloat. His sales must be close to zero, especially since he lost exposure on KVR.

Did it ever come out of that last beta?

Return to “Instruments”