Mixbus 32C Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I realize $30 is chicken scratch and pretty much 'impulse buy' territory for many of us, but I'd rather not spend it without good reason -- particularly with all the other deals going on.

What do v3 users like about v4?

I can use Toontrack products now!
I love the monitoring section. I can put ARC 2 in there and not worry about remembering to turn it off before export.
I haven't bought 32C (yet). It has 12 buses and the 32C EQ, but I have a ton of great plugins which are far more stable with version 4.
I'll try to find a good article with all of the great new features Mixbus 4 added since V3 and post it.

The whole thing about Mixbus is the channel strip and FX that Harrison designed and added to Ardour. That is something to know about the program. It is Ardour with extra stuff so you can basically go to the Ardour site and read the change logs. Harrison apparently heavily supports the Ardour project. Everything I mix in 32C (I record in Live) sounds great without doing a whole lot. I can hear a difference and I like it, no matter how it was accomplished.

SpectreSoundStudios on Youtube has a comparison, though you can of course hear the difference a lot better with the DAWs and good monitors.

I use Logic. But I have been wanting to use it less because I have so many problems with it. I explored the other DAWs but they also appear to have issues as well so I just stuck with Logic. I do pretty involved work with Logic, using lots of virtual instruments and plugins, routing etc.

After trying out the demo of Mixbus, using it to mix a project I am working on, I am sold! and bought 32C. it really sounds great - it imparts a nice warm smooth sound that I really like. I am going to split my workflow now between Logic for composition and arrangement, export stems and mix/master in Mixbus.

I have another farily large mostly-acoustic project coming up. I would like to document the project from beginning to end on youtube. I am thinking about live streaming the sessions and then posting the videos. The plan would be to use Logic and Mixbus for this.

Thank you for the testimonials. I guess I'll stick with v3 for now since I've not learned of anything unique to v4 that seems compelling.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”