RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

keel wrote:Finally downloaded the demo and what I can say. The unison sounds really weird and bad. Retriggerin all the time? Osc doesn't seems to run freely and I can't see free run button anywhere...? O.o Synthmaster One unison sounds same until I hit the free button. Gui could be larger
Random Phase will solve it. ;-)
random.png

GUI scaling in the next update.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mirko R. on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keel wrote:Finally downloaded the demo and what I can say. The unison sounds really weird and bad. Retriggerin all the time? Osc doesn't seems to run freely and I can't see free run button anywhere...? O.o Synthmaster One unison sounds same until I hit the free button. Gui could be larger
In the oscillator display, the 3rd control "Random". Turn it up to 100% and each unison voices starts randomly.
It's the default, because when you start with 1 voice for each OSC you mostly want precise control over the start phase via phase angle.

High resolution GUI is currently worked on. Hopefully it will be still released this year.
Much fun with the demo.

Edit:
Oh Mirko was faster ;D

Yeah the gui needs some polishing sizewise and colorwise. Unfortunately from the few presets available within the demo many take really much time to load (although installed on a ssd and loaded in an empty project). Is it possible to modulate inbetween the layers? How much is the license transfer fee?

45% discount! Too bad the expansions aren't 45% off. Well, it's so easy to make presets with this synth... no need to buy expansions.

what is the copy protection for Rapid? C&R? Keyfile?

keel wrote:what is the copy protection for Rapid? C&R? Keyfile?
1. You will get a seiral number
2. paste it into rapid
3. visit the url that rapid generate
4. download and import the license file

hmmmm i have already AVENGER & Spire.... what would i get with RAPID additionally ;D GAS

edit:
wait, RAPID cannot be resold? wtf?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

At last I was able to afford it! Bought this beauty instead of avenger. very fresh and modern sounding instrument. Thanks you, parawave. Please, consider 45% expansions discount too.

Iva wrote:At last I was able to afford it! Bought this beauty instead of avenger. very fresh and modern sounding instrument. Thanks you, parawave. Please, consider 45% expansions discount too.
Yes please a good Black Friday discount on expansions including Trance XT. Give the customers who paid full price for this brilliant synth something to look forward too :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

yes was actually waiting for a discount on expansions. Not going to buy them at full price.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Parawave, i really like the filters and sound charachter in your synth. Great work! Is it possible to tie notes (legato) in the arpeggio? If not, maybe something for the future? And think i read somewhere that you were considering more fm (operators) options in the future? If so, you have my vote for that :)

Mirko R. wrote:
Random Phase will solve it. ;-)
random.png
It's similar with a lot of other synths that use Unison which also includes e.g. Waldorf Blofeld and Largo where you should set phase to "free" when using Unison. I most cases Unison will sound a bit strange when using a fixed Osc phase.
FWIW my Novation UltraNova hardware synth has this "free" phase option too in the 3 Oscs which is useful when using either unison or the "Density" feature in the Oscs which acts like an Hypersaw (but for all waveforms).

With analog synths (especially VCO based ones) that do not have very precise oscillators like digital synths using Unison seems to be less of a problem even without an adjustable Osc phase.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Show some love for your original customers, discount your expansions too! :hug:

I am trying on a demo.
Reasonable design, workflow is great.
The goal schedule for ANA 2 got lost.
Are there plans for multiple output of layers?
One finger preset seems to be a child's toy without a multi out.
Of course, I am an evil child 8)

I was interested in this but u may not re-SELL... a mixed bag
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”