Cubase Crossgrade for Cakewalk Sonar Users / 50% off

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice move, Steinberg! I actually just bought Cubase Pro 9 a few weeks ago (got the free upgrade to 9.5) and have been loving it so far. I actually started out on Cubase years ago before switching to Sonar as my main DAW, but I'm finding that I actually prefer Cubase 9.5 over Sonar Platinum these days.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

thejonsolo wrote:I do not know if things have changed in recent years, but the boxed version of Cubase COMES WITH THE eLicenser. It also includes DVDs to do the full install, except for updates.
The Boxed Version comes with the eLicencer, but The Media Pack (DVDs) cost 7.99 € extra.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

I did the x grade offer today and a bit miffed I can only get the box version as I already have an e-licencer dongle; no download option (not even a demo of 9?) so I guess no Cubase for me this weekend :0(
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I presently own and use Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, Studio One 3 Professional and Digital Performer 9, but I have not updated or used Cubase since the SX/SL versions were on the market.

With that said, one of my cousins is a die-hard Cubase user and talks highly of it. Since moving away from my hometown, I have become very interested in the online collaboration features within Cubase Pro 9.5 and will probably take advantage of the competitive crossgrade offer.

I hope the discount will be applicable to download versions of Cubase Pro 9.5. I already have a newer e-licenser dongle that I use for HALion 6 and a backup e-licenser that came with my old version of Cubase.

Silaris wrote:I presently own and use Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, Studio One 3 Professional and Digital Performer 9, but I have not updated or used Cubase since the SX/SL versions were on the market.

With that said, one of my cousins is a die-hard Cubase user and talks highly of it. Since moving away from my hometown, I have become very interested in the online collaboration features within Cubase Pro 9.5 and will probably take advantage of the competitive crossgrade offer.

I hope the discount will be applicable to download versions of Cubase Pro 9.5. I already have a newer e-licenser dongle that I use for HALion 6 and a backup e-licenser that came with my old version of Cubase.
Annoyingly you can download Cubase 9.5 with the Steinberg Download manager but even though I bought the cross grade this morning I haven't had a serial number for my e-licence dongle...probably have to wait a week for that big empty box to be posted with a card in !! (another small tree weeps)

Not even a demo of 9.5 to tide me over!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Ok, it is STILL not available anywhere. Can somebody, please, post the link if you see it? It is not on Steiberg web site, on Sweetwater it still shows $325. Do you see $250 offer anywhere? Thank you.

Well from the UK I just went to Steinberg site, hit buy Cubase 9.5, selected cross grade (last option) and it came me the cost in pounds.

It's currently only available to european customers through the Steinberg store.

It will be available to the rest of the world next week.

A couple of Cubase questions from a Sonar user:

1) I can't find a demo of Cubase v9.5. Is there one available? It would be nice to be able to try before you buy & commit to a whole new DAW.

2) Any idea how long this 50% crossgrade offer will be available? :? Yes, it is a great deal, but stress-purchasing a new DAW isn't ideal...

3) A small Cubase feature question: can you audition loops in time with host tempo using the Media Bay?

4) Can anyone tell how the performance with lots of instruments and plugins is compared to Sonar?

Thanks for any insights!

So... Steinberg to the rescue? Really? Steinberg, the company that failed to properly support their own plug-in standard, then re-invented the wheel telling everyone that it's needed for sidechaining (plus some other stuff), forcing many developers to waste valuable resources? Most of what the new "standard" brought, was already possible in other DAWs - the emperor has no clothes!

Btw: I find the thread title quite a bit misleading. Yes, there's some discount, but it's nowhere as much as 50% on the regular crossgrade - more like 20% at most. And that might have been planned as a BF deal anyway as it's available to owners of other DAWs than Sonar. So, please keep it real!
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

Ok, I called the Sweetwater, and here it is.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubaseP95CG

Astralv wrote:Ok, I called the Sweetwater, and here it is.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubaseP95CG
Thanks! Bought it.

Demo/trial for 9.5 Pro is not available yet?

TMaudio wrote:Demo/trial for 9.5 Pro is not available yet?

I don't remember them ever having a demo for Cubase? Is there one for the previous version?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
TMaudio wrote:Demo/trial for 9.5 Pro is not available yet?

I don't remember them ever having a demo for Cubase? Is there one for the previous version?
Not sure actually, Cubase is all new to me. But I've seen a few say they are trying the trial presently but they never link to it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”