How do I make wavetables for Dune2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Yeah thats what i thought, havent used it for a long time....

elassi wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Now everybody who is interested, try to find Mark's waveform creator
Is there a certain 'way of thinking' behind the denial of just providing a link to it?
Yes to get your lazy ass to look for it yourself. :wink:

To be honest I'd have to search the Synapse Forums to find it myself. If that wasn't the logical place to start looking well then...... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Yes to get your lazy ass to look for it yourself. :wink:

To be honest I'd have to search the Synapse Forums to find it myself. If that wasn't the logical place to start looking well then...... :roll:
Nothing wrong with playing 'easter bunny hiding eggs'. It was fun back in the days. And who does not want to be a child again.

On the other hand: It does not explicitely invite interested people to discover the fruits provided by your master's tree.

___
Note: Oh my, I'm coming across like this ever-fighting-ghetto-boy now. Please excuse my childish behaviour, Tek. ;) :)

Teksonik wrote:
elassi wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Now everybody who is interested, try to find Mark's waveform creator
Is there a certain 'way of thinking' behind the denial of just providing a link to it?
Yes to get your lazy ass to look for it yourself. :wink:

Good luck finding it....

Thank you very much everyone for your input and solutions. I cant wait to try all of them!! :o :party:

elassi wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Yes to get your lazy ass to look for it yourself. :wink:

Nothing wrong with playing 'easter bunny hiding eggs'. It was fun back in the days. And who does not want to be a child again.

On the other hand: It does not explicitely invite interested people to discover the fruits provided by your master's tree.

___
Note: Oh my, I'm coming across like this ever-fighting-ghetto-boy now. Please excuse my childish behaviour, Tek. ;) :)
I'm not "hiding" anything. I don't have a link to share and I guess there is no link so you'll have to go through the effort of going to the Synapse forums, finding Mark and asking him to share his wav creator. I thought it was posted at some point in the past but I guess not.....memory fails sometimes. He may not wish to share but it's worth a shot asking as it really is an effective tool.

Anyway my point is these two tools which I have successfully used to create DUNE 2 Wavetables in the past are an alternative to Waveterm. I tried Waveterm and we didn't get along at all....so I thought the alternative worth a mention. Perfect for making WT's until the built in editor in DUNE 3.

Oh and to everybody, the free Galbanum Waves in the proper format do work to create WT's using the Synapse tool. Good way to practice building WT's without having to create your own wavs. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PietW. wrote:I hereby apologize to Synapse Audio. I did not expect that now. The wt editor is a bit more complicated than Audioterm but the sound quality is much better.
Yes, this is because the wavetables are anti-aliased when exporting them. This is especially important when playing higher notes, without anti-aliasing a lot of noise is introduced.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:
PietW. wrote:I hereby apologize to Synapse Audio. I did not expect that now. The wt editor is a bit more complicated than Audioterm but the sound quality is much better.
Yes, this is because the wavetables are anti-aliased when exporting them. This is especially important when playing higher notes, without anti-aliasing a lot of noise is introduced.

Richard
That's also true for the AudioTerm wavetables, but may be the number of partials per map is a bit off. I don't have Dune 2, so I had to estimate the mip map distribution and had to reverse engineer the format. I think the most audible difference results from limiting the phase, but this was a requirement of Komplexer (it has some advantages over arbitrary phase wavetables, but aliases the sound character).

//------

And for those who are still complaining (especially in my mail box): AudioTerm (AT) was a private project made for myself using ASR10 and Komplexer - this was ten years ago from now. AT was inspired by PPG Waveterm, the Fairlight CMI and the Waldorf WAVE WT analyser - combined with some own ideas. And it was meant to run on a very old computer (Pentium II) using a light pen (like the CMI). I'm no professional coder, so it was years of work for me to learn all the C / DSP stuff.

Later I ported it to windows and was asked to offer Dune2 support, because there was absolutely no WT editor around when Dune2 was released. This was meant as small option (!) to add some more value to the instrument, although it can only do "old - school" wavetables like these of PPG Wave or Waldorf Microwave I. Think 1988, not 2018. This sort of wavetables has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with modern WT synths.

So if AT doesn't match someone's refined taste: Don't use it. But stop writing mails about how crappy it is or how much better other things are. AT is end of life for 2 years now and I also won't support it anymore. Neither I will do third party support for any other product in future.

Prob not a good idea to make it public/update it and add support for new stuff if you dont like ppl complaining :wink:

AnX wrote:Prob not a good idea to make it public/update it and add support for new stuff if you dont like ppl complaining :wink:
I was asked to make it public. And there were times when you were not kicked in the ass for offering some free tools and support. But the tone has changed and I'm not willing to expose myself to this any longer.

blacktomcat666 wrote:
AnX wrote:Prob not a good idea to make it public/update it and add support for new stuff if you dont like ppl complaining :wink:
I was asked to make it public. And there were times when you were not kicked in the ass for offering some free tools and support. But the tone has changed and I'm not willing to expose myself to this any longer.
+100

Entitlement is some of the people's problem in these modern days... as for me, I appreciate every developers work and even more so if it is offerd for free...

An attitude of gratitude is very liberating once you discover the power in just being thankfull! :D

So did entitlement stifle development?
Probably.

I am sorry they were disrespectful to you.
Your program is an inspiration.

blacktomcat666 wrote:

And for those who are still complaining (especially in my mail box): AudioTerm (AT) was a private project made for myself using ASR10 and Komplexer - this was ten years ago from now. AT was inspired by PPG Waveterm, the Fairlight CMI and the Waldorf WAVE WT analyser - combined with some own ideas. And it was meant to run on a very old computer (Pentium II) using a light pen (like the CMI). I'm no professional coder, so it was years of work for me to learn all the C / DSP stuff.

Later I ported it to windows and was asked to offer Dune2 support, because there was absolutely no WT editor around when Dune2 was released. This was meant as small option (!) to add some more value to the instrument, although it can only do "old - school" wavetables like these of PPG Wave or Waldorf Microwave I. Think 1988, not 2018. This sort of wavetables has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with modern WT synths.

So if AT doesn't match someone's refined taste: Don't use it. But stop writing mails about how crappy it is or how much better other things are. AT is end of life for 2 years now and I also won't support it anymore. Neither I will do third party support for any other product in future.

Return to “Instruments”