Abandonware (self, not by company)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have music software that I don't use anymore, and don't resell, either because it's time-cost prohibitive to do so, or because the software developer doesn't allow license transfers.

For some reason abandoning music software has had a different psychological feel to me, compared to (digital download versions of) video games. I seem to completely be ok with not finishing a game, and knowing that I can't recoup money for the game. Perhaps because I look at video games differently, in that they can be very time consuming and so if I do stop playing a game before finishing, it's ok to me - it's less time I put into it.

With music stuff, I do think of it differently. But I'm thinking that I shouldn't. I don't want to use more unnecessary mental cycles on abandon music software.

Thoughts?

I go through this sometimes too--do I sell the Plug&Mix bundle I don't use anymore but didn't pay much for, same with some of the cheaper Plugin Alliance stuff or just acknowledge that it's not worth the time/effort?

So far I just put it at the very bottom of my priority list and try not to acquire many new plugins, etc., but that only works so well.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”