One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
ThePresent
KVRist
407 posts since 17 Dec, 2013 from The Netherlands

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:31 pm

z.prime wrote:
pilotredsun wrote:ComputerMusic Snap x2
Cheers for the submission. But I should point out magware is not allowed; I'm sure there's another free transient plugin to swap it out with.
Audio Assault’s Transient (+) is a Nice free alternative

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1601 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm

pilotredsun wrote:https://soundcloud.com/pilotredsun/pilo ... 00/s-ATty2

pilotredsun - goner 3100

DAW: FL Studio 11 Signature Bundle

Instruments:
26x FB-3100
1x FB-3200
2x FB-3300

Effects:
A1 Stereo Control
Fruity Parametric EQ 2 x14
Fruit Fast LP
ComputerMusic Snap x2
LoudMax
Maximus x2
Fruity Limiter
Ambient Reverb x5
Fruity Wave Shaper x5
CamelCrusher x3
Fruity Blood Overdrive x6
Klanghelm IVGI
Filter Bank v3
HY-MBDrive x4
Soundgoodizer x5
EliteReducer2
EQUO x2
Sleepy-Time Records Transient x2
Amplio 2
CMT Bitcrusher
Fruity Stereo Enhancer x2
Fruity Reeverb 2
You are not allowed to use any distortion or sound manglers. Only if it is present in the synths.

User avatar
z.prime
KVRAF
1638 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Halonmusic wrote:
pilotredsun wrote:https://soundcloud.com/pilotredsun/pilo ... 00/s-ATty2

pilotredsun - goner 3100

DAW: FL Studio 11 Signature Bundle

Instruments:
26x FB-3100
1x FB-3200
2x FB-3300

Effects:
A1 Stereo Control
Fruity Parametric EQ 2 x14
Fruit Fast LP
ComputerMusic Snap x2
LoudMax
Maximus x2
Fruity Limiter
Ambient Reverb x5
Fruity Wave Shaper x5
CamelCrusher x3
Fruity Blood Overdrive x6
Klanghelm IVGI
Filter Bank v3
HY-MBDrive x4
Soundgoodizer x5
EliteReducer2
EQUO x2
Sleepy-Time Records Transient x2
Amplio 2
CMT Bitcrusher
Fruity Stereo Enhancer x2
Fruity Reeverb 2
You are not allowed to use any distortion or sound manglers. Only if it is present in the synths.
Distortion is allowed if the effect is “minimal”. CamelCrusher is a bit on the line because Camel Audio closed their doors, not sure if it is any longer “freely available”

User avatar
Frostline
KVRist
319 posts since 12 Aug, 2016

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Halonmusic wrote:
You are not allowed to use any distortion or sound manglers. Only if it is present in the synths.
From https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/rules
Effects - what is allowed:
...
Distortion: Please use distortion / tape saturation / bit crushing sparingly. Use your best judgement. Try to keep the original sound recognizable. Note that this does not apply if the distortion is built in to the synth.
To me that does not imply not allowed at all. :shrug:
Further references to distortion are always preceded with the adjective "heavy" in the rules.

Where are you getting the information on which you are basing your opinion of any distortion is not allowed as opposed to the specific "heavy" distortion?
Win10 x64, Reaper 5.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
13282 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Frostline wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
You are not allowed to use any distortion or sound manglers. Only if it is present in the synths.
From https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/rules
Effects - what is allowed:
...
Distortion: Please use distortion / tape saturation / bit crushing sparingly. Use your best judgement. Try to keep the original sound recognizable. Note that this does not apply if the distortion is built in to the synth.
To me that does not imply not allowed at all. :shrug:
Further references to distortion are always preceded with the adjective "heavy" in the rules.

Where are you getting the information on which you are basing your opinion of any distortion is not allowed as opposed to the specific "heavy" distortion?
Eh, people like to make up their own rules. Gives 'em something to do.

pilotredsun
KVRist
45 posts since 16 Sep, 2016

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:02 pm

z.prime wrote:
pilotredsun wrote:ComputerMusic Snap x2
Cheers for the submission. But I should point out magware is not allowed; I'm sure there's another free transient plugin to swap it out with.
I replaced the 2 instances of CM Snap with HY-MBDrive. Snap is an exciter for saturating ultra high frequencies and now I have HY-MBDrive distorting frequncies 14000hz and above.
ThePresent wrote: Audio Assault’s Transient (+) is a Nice free alternative
While it doesn't serve the same purpose as Snap I will definitely check this out. Thanks

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRian
853 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 pm

pilotredsun wrote:https://soundcloud.com/pilotredsun/pilo ... 00/s-ATty2

pilotredsun - goner 3100
Some really cool stuff in this thread but this one right here is going to be hard to beat.

User avatar
] Peter:H [
KVRian
582 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:43 pm

] de:leted [
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRian
853 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Oh I thought yours was good too, Peter. I was considering joining in, but then I heard yours and other submissions and was like, "Eeehhhhh maybe next time" :D

User avatar
] Peter:H [
KVRian
582 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Vortifex wrote:Oh I thought yours was good too, Peter. I was considering joining in, but then I heard yours and other submissions and was like, "Eeehhhhh maybe next time" :D
Ah, come on! WE WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR TRACK! NOW!
Was that somehow convincing and the tiny bit of motivation missing? :D

generaldiomedes
KVRian
502 posts since 15 Apr, 2017 from Canada

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 pm

Ok, my submission. I really tried not to hold back this time, hopefully didn't go too far. Getting this in before our baby arrives or I might never finish it :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-947450193/g ... des-osc106

6 instances of FB3300
18 instances of FB3200
16 instances of FB3100

Standard DAW Effects: Envelope, EQ Eight, Auto-Filter, Compressor, Glue Compressor, Reverb, Ping-Pong Delay, Simple Delay, Utility, Auto-Pan, Saturator, Limiter

Free Effects: Limiter 6, SlickEQ, Transient, TDR Kotelnikov, PTEq-X, MSED

I think I like the 3200 the best - has all the possible PS family options packed into one. At times I became quite frustrated finding a good sound as many options result in harshness, but overall probably have to consider these the best of Full Bucket (and that's saying a lot). Nice little slice of history.
Last edited by generaldiomedes on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dee.P.Tree
KVRist
241 posts since 25 Aug, 2015

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:20 am

generaldiomedes wrote: Getting this in before our baby arrives or I might never finish it :)
Congratulations and Best of luck for additional responsibilities. :party:

Dee.P.Tree
KVRist
241 posts since 25 Aug, 2015

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 am

I have one request to community:

Does any one have original PS-3100 manual?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10508 ... -3100.html

I searched and got same file which above link provides. It does not look original (no Japanese!) and have missing pages.

I am really interested in reading the same original version after reading FB-3100 manual.

By the way, I spent many hours with all three soft synths. I am almost speechless.
I feel:
How great was the era of development of hardware synths!
How amazing owners (and creators, too) of such pioneering synths might have felt!
And ... What might be feeling of our dear developer Full Bucket while recreational the awesomeness..!

<<No Idea>>

Salute to technologists of then and now...!

:hail:

User avatar
purelygrey
KVRer
5 posts since 14 Dec, 2017

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:30 am

Hi all,

I've been in spectator mode for quite a while, but this month I've decided to actually participate! Here's my submission: https://soundcloud.com/purelygrey/purel ... ing-stroll

I used FB-3100 and stock Reaper plugins and JSFX, here's the full list:
28x FB-3100
23x ReaEQ
14x ReaComp
13x MDA Pseudo-Stereo
11x ReaVerbate
7x ReaDelay
4x MIDI Delay
4x Time Adjustment Delay
2x 3-Band Splitter
2x 3-Band Joiner
2x MIDI Transpose Notes
2x ReaGate
2x Soft Clipper/Limiter
1x Event Horizon Limiter/Clipper
1x Ping Pong Pan
1x ReaXcomp

Hope you enjoy!

User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRian
519 posts since 25 May, 2010 from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Post Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:33 am

Yeah, the available PDF versions of the PS-3100 manual are a bit messed up... especially the page about the Sample & Hold unit is missing (while others pages have doublets).
Thus I found myself browsing this excellent resource here: https://www.korganalogue.net/korgps/index.html :party:

You ask about my feelings: It was a lot of work but an amazing and rewarding journey. I received so much positive feedback from all over the world, and now I am totally happy about this OSC! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

Return to “Instruments”