NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NO add library feature in Kontakt 5.7.1. Everything managed by Native Access BUT this application is totally stupid as it does not reflect VST and Content locations from Preferences and still looking for VSTs and content in default locations. VSTs must be manually relocated one by one. And for libraries, there is even no relocate function.... :evil: :x

Why developers do this non-sense to loyal customers?

EDIT: I didn't understand you correctly.

Because they think customers are idiots and program like this is actually helping them. :shrug:

Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access. There preferences are in the top right, you just click the little person icon. You don't have to relocate anything if you do it right.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access.
Totally agree. I have like 10 or 12 products from them now, and it makes installing a real breeze, especially with a decent internet connection.

chk071 wrote:
ATS wrote:Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access.
Totally agree. I have like 10 or 12 products from them now, and it makes installing a real breeze, especially with a decent internet connection.
The caveat here is "decent internet connection". Not everyone has one.

When Native Access messes up it can create lots of confusion. I know my way around it . Recently I ran an update and despite the NI preferences clearly indicating where the VST should be placed NI put it in a default directory. I sorted it out after poking around but I am used to that kind of thing.

Recently NI refused to update my Reaktor 6 blocks and wired installation on my Mac system. Everything was fine with the product but the updates would not install. Uninstallation didn't fix it and I still can't update it on the Mac.

I have Ulimate installed on two computers (1 PC and 1 Mac) and all other products are working fine but it can and does have a mind of its own and it isn't always user error.

Be sympathetic with others who have really struggled with it. It messes up sometimes.

ATS wrote:Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access. There preferences are in the top right, you just click the little person icon. You don't have to relocate anything if you do it right.
there is no problem with ni stuff but serious troubles with 3th party libraries. native access see it as installed but kontakt miss it and looking for it at different location. then it ask me for right location, I give it the same as native access has. it changes that but next time I open kontakt, the same problem occurrs again and again

They still haven't sorted this out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

They still haven't sorted this out?

poshook wrote:
ATS wrote:Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access. There preferences are in the top right, you just click the little person icon. You don't have to relocate anything if you do it right.
there is no problem with ni stuff but serious troubles with 3th party libraries. native access see it as installed but kontakt miss it and looking for it at different location. then it ask me for right location, I give it the same as native access has. it changes that but next time I open kontakt, the same problem occurrs again and again
You really need to establish in Kontakt where the data actually is. Then you're sorted. If NA has some other idea, that is no moment to Kontakt and where data is to be found. This is incoherent and it's down to you. You have control of this. Including where NA believes things are.

double post

Hi, I need some help installing a Piano Noire plug in. Everything is going to the right installation path except this plug in. It's the first time using Native so I'm very confused. It won't let me install it on /Audio/Plugins/Components. And is only installing it in the default location. I can't find a way to change the content location. The preferences I set are correct and working for other plugins, but the Noire plugin isn't using the right path. Anyone know how I fix it?

molllydapnhe01 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:45 pm Hi, I need some help installing a Piano Noire plug in. Everything is going to the right installation path except this plug in. It's the first time using Native so I'm very confused. It won't let me install it on /Audio/Plugins/Components. And is only installing it in the default location. I can't find a way to change the content location. The preferences I set are correct and working for other plugins, but the Noire plugin isn't using the right path. Anyone know how I fix it?
It is not a plugin. it is a library for Kontakt. So there is no component to install.
Did you install Kontakt or Kontakt Player?

the last version that provides for 'Add library', as opposed to using NA, is 5.6.6.
I could get into the weeds as to why, but prefer not, it bumps right up against the rules regarding cracking here.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”