Eventide MangleDverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
H9 Series: MangledVerb

Youtube demo sounds like complete trash. And I don't mean Izotope Trash here. Has Eventide lost their mind? :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Youtube demo sounds like complete trash. And I don't mean Izotope Trash here. Has Eventide lost their mind? :shrug:
They also have audio demos on the product page. Even better, you can also try the fully functional demo of the plugin for 30 days to see if it is useful to you.

There is so much reverb products now. A new release has to be really special or different to stand out from the crowd.

Same feeling as I got with UltraTap. Sounds great, but not sure I find use for it. Maybe on some modular noise stuff.

It falls a bit into special effect cathegory, although it did sound pretty nice as a regular reverb too, if the distortion is moderate. Will keep testing.

DJ Warmonger wrote:Youtube demo sounds like complete trash. And I don't mean Izotope Trash here. Has Eventide lost their mind? :shrug:
I felt the same way :cry:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I purchased this last night and got to install and test it out tonight. It's a pretty decent reverb if not rather simple as far as controls go, but it sounds good. The distortion adds a nice twist to the effect and adds some variety to an otherwise pretty average reverb. Yes, I know I could do this using one of my many other reverb plugins and one my many distortion plugins but I personally like having the combination in just one plugin. It has a good number of useful presets. I would consider it a good buy(for me) at the intro price. I especially like the ribbon control to be able to scrub between two settings and being able to automate that one control is something that I already see as very useful from a workflow standpoint.

just to add a short comment about mangledverb :

- Don’t underesteem the quality of this unit as a kind of tape warmer rather than an atypical reverb, the precise adjustment of both soft clipper, wobbler and mixing knobs can be very subtle and detailed and so mangled verb can perfectly take place as a mastering tool, me thinks...

I didn't bother looking at it until I picked it up as part of the Anthology XI upgrade. As it's hardly tricky combining distortion and reverb on a send, there didn't seem to be much point shelling out $50-$70 on a plugin to do it.

But after playing with it I've found it immense fun as a performance effect - and more so than UltraTap, slightly weirdly. To get the most out of it, you need to play into it and set up a foot or breath controller to handle the ribbon (it would be nice if Eventide stopped using a hard mapping to mod-wheel). On recorded tracks, you might as well go with the DIY-on-a-send approach. Given its heritage as a high-end stompbox effect, I guess this is hardly a surprise.

Return to “Effects”