New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

Well, I just downloaded the demo and it doesn't crash my DAW so we're good. But this is going to require going through the manual. This thing is deep as shit.

This might be my purchase of the year and there have been a lot of good ones.

For atmospheres and cinematic stuff, this kills it. I may even like it better than Omnisphere for those things and it just may be my new go to.

sort-of FM8 for the 21st century, with an interface that is more fun than a barrel of monkeys (and i have a barrel of monkeys)...

For me too....Actually Favourite Innovative Software of the Year....

I was telling Rico that other Developers will be taking notes when it's out....
Some of the features and Implementations are way ahead of it's time....for example all the Voices for every Parameter is kinda Independent but at the same time behave like Family....Result is Beautiful Complex Sound and not Weird Complicated Sounds...

Many More things you can Discover for yourself....it's Deep for Sure....
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

is it me or is this plugin incredibly light on CPU seeing all its abilities ??? :o :love:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

I like that Sugarbytes innovates a lot if the GUI department and not just in the visual aspect but implementing stuff that departs from the standard conventions and makes for a differen experience. Obsvurium and this one are quite great.

I expect they apply this design to new effects.
dedication to flying

I do wish there was a ping pong delay or some way to create differently panned delay lines.

rod_zero wrote:I like that Sugarbytes innovates a lot if the GUI department and not just in the visual aspect but implementing stuff that departs from the standard conventions and makes for a differen experience.
What you call innovation, I call weird and confusing. I like plugins that use familiar UI conventions so I immediately understand them. This thing looks like it was designed by aliens.

Frantz wrote:
rod_zero wrote:I like that Sugarbytes innovates a lot if the GUI department and not just in the visual aspect but implementing stuff that departs from the standard conventions and makes for a differen experience.
What you call innovation, I call weird and confusing. I like plugins that use familiar UI conventions so I immediately understand them. This thing looks like it was designed by aliens.
but that's the fun part; where most synths use basically similar GUIs and functions, this one invites experimentation... try the demo, turn some knobs; once you see what they do, you're on your way...

rod_zero wrote:I like that Sugarbytes innovates a lot if the GUI department and not just in the visual aspect but implementing stuff that departs from the standard conventions and makes for a differen experience. Obsvurium and this one are quite great.

I expect they apply this design to new effects.
I agree. There's plenty of Synths out there for those who prefer more retro GUIs. I welcome something fresh and unique :wink:

fisherKing wrote:
Frantz wrote:
but that's the fun part; where most synths use basically similar GUIs and functions, this one invites experimentation... try the demo, turn some knobs; once you see what they do, you're on your way...
The reality is, some people just want to sit down at an instrument and play it or do very little in the way of "design." For those people, this synth is a no go. In fact, for those people, synths like these aren't even on their radar and are easy "no purchase" decisions.

This excites me whereas a grand piano, no matter how great it sounds, does very little for me.

Everybody is different.

Frantz wrote:

The classic architechture and layout gets old, specially since so many synths use it.

It is a fresh aproach which at least for me makes tweaking less predictable and more happy accident happens.
dedication to flying

wagtunes wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
Frantz wrote:
The reality is, some people just want to sit down at an instrument and play it or do very little in the way of "design." For those people, this synth is a no go. In fact, for those people, synths like these aren't even on their radar and are easy "no purchase" decisions.

This excites me whereas a grand piano, no matter how great it sounds, does very little for me.

Everybody is different.
yes, everybody is different; and am sure there are people who will buy this, and just use the presets. isn't the point that everybody IS different?

make a sound, tweak one... or use what's there; it's up to the music-maker to decide what works for them...

The thing about Aparillo is that it's actually not THAT deep yet it feels like it is and sounds like it is. All the parameters are logical and easy to get at and use. The sound creation aspects are as deep as you want to go with it - meaning if you don't want to bother understanding what it does exactly (how the FM etc work) you can still just mess with the controls and get great sounds. then if you want you can delve into trying to understand what its doing, for better control. All the supplementary controls (modulation etc) are incredibly easy to use. As is the whole 16-tones paradigm - that last aspect is just brilliant and implemented in almost perfect way.

I see no major complaints about the GUI, too. (Thank god)

Aparillo has it's own unique character too and is capable of very music and very unmusical sounds. Last, the fx are really good too - far out!

Quite a nice release from Sugar Bytes.

Demoed it now and it´s really nice but not exactly what i would call a high fidelity sound (especially FX). However, it can create some interesting unmusical sounds :D
Maybe it´s not talking to me yet. I will try further.

I agree with all the praise. This thing is Stellar! (And a little Insane in a good way ;))

Orbit mode: from chaos to melody to more chaos, etc. with just the flick a finger!

(BTW. the orbit mode reminds me a bit of the 'matrix page' in Wavemapper, only much more dymamic.)

Totally enjoying creating all kind of atmospheres with it! :)

An instabuy for me! (Because this had a demo version ... ;))

(I disagree on one point: the GUI could have been a bit larger.)

Return to “Instruments”