AnaMark V2.27 released & 15th birthday & an early days anecdote

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AnaMark

Hi @ all!

Finally I managed to release another bugfix update for my VST synth AnaMark (Freeware).

Improvements:
  • Bugfix: "Late echo bug" caused by wrong MIDI clock on loading projects
  • Bugfix: AnaMark settings not stored properly on some systems
You can get it here:

http://www.mark-henning.de/am_downloads_eng.php

By the way, I just realized, that AnaMark recently had its 15th birthday (the first release was in september 2001). Quiet a long time since the early days of VSTi; since VSTi struggled to get a good filtered square wave sound in realtime; a lot of tricks to be done to get the thing playable. Some of them still present in AnaMark :wink: . The first demo songs with 4 voices only (4 presets, each monotimbral) which could hardly be played on my old machine - best achievable quality for realtime was 11kHz(!) :D

So I invite you to listen to the early days:

Interfacial Parts - plain AnaMark 1.00 from 2001

This is plain AnaMark V1.00. Note that there were no built-in fx, so the delay-like sounds are just tricky preset programming and usage (keep the 4-timbres-limit in mind). Listen to the bass starting at 2:54. To be honest, this nasty sound was based on an ugly filter bug and it took me a lot of work to preserve it in the version 2.00, where more smooth sound capabilities were added to AnaMark; and the internal signal routing was changed completely.
Most funny: Even the latest AnaMark is (almost 100%) downwards compatible to version 1.00 and still capable of the nasty sounds. However, all the functions and fx available now mask the "simple" way of sound generation, so that a lot of people fail to reproduce these old sounds. That's the backside power of Too-nice-GUI-to-be-bad. :D

More of the old (and not so old :D ) AnaMark demo songs can be found here:

http://www.mark-henning.de/am_downloads ... #Demosongs

I wish you all a nice weekend!

Greets,

AnaMark
AnaMark - The VST Synth --- Now it's freeware!

Wow 15 years, congratulations ! I purchased Anamark more years ago than I can remember but seem to have forgotten about it in recent years. Is the new free version the same as the old commercial version ? I'll try installing it on one of my new computers. Thanks ! :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

AnaMark wrote:Most funny: Even the latest AnaMark is (almost 100%) downwards compatible to version 1.00 and still capable of the nasty sounds. However, all the functions and fx available now mask the "simple" way of sound generation, so that a lot of people fail to reproduce these old sounds. That's the backside power of Too-nice-GUI-to-be-bad. :D
Is that the anecdote of the Anamark, or the anacdote of the Anemark ?

Any chance of a Mac version?

yeah thats weird ...i remember getting a demo, I'm 70% sure it was on a Mac
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

aMUSEd, I'm sorry, but I cannot provide a MAC version.

Really in the mood for something like this, but a bit confused. Is this a 32bit or 64bit plugin? It's written like this from the official page: For Windows 8 and Windows 7 64Bit it is recommended to perform the installation manually

But after I locate the .dll to the 64Bit folder, Live 9 won't recognized it.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Hi, crystalmsc,

AnaMark is 32 bit. Sorry for the confusion.

After a quck play, I'm impressed with this, thank you :tu:
:tu: All is good

AnaMark wrote:Hi, crystalmsc,

AnaMark is 32 bit. Sorry for the confusion.
Hi Mark, thank you for the confirmation. Is there any plan for a 64bit version, really like the concept of the synth.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Hi, crystalmsc,

I often thought about porting AnaMark to 64bit. Didn't do it yet, due to a lack of time. This isn't done in a few days, because I first have to update the AnaMark source in general to make it usable in current compilers.

Thus, I cannot promise. But there will definitely be a chance ...

Return to “Instruments”