How to connect with music people?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I just want to know how you guys connect with people that make music too? Like in real life. None of my friends make music and it's kinda lonely to do it alone. I'm actually at the point where I don't want to do it anymore because I can't really relate to people.

Facebook and other social media probably, comment on their music, go to the parties, plenty of those people have gigs there. It was easier before everyone and their dog was making music to connect, it was rare and you could actually connect with famous guys, they were thrilled to have someone to talk about production, now, everyone is doing it, so it's kinda meeeh, who cares, another bloke doing it, nothing new.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

LOL i can relate to that. but what can be done? too late now. and what good does it to pall around with your friends all the time? the most important thing is work!

You could buy your friends some musical instruments for Christmas.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

here, kate bush will set you right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4AtbKVoRa0

kamalmanzukie wrote:here, kate bush will set you right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4AtbKVoRa0
Shame it cuts off. Thanks, though. I enjoyed it :tu:

TimeToProduce wrote:Hello, I just want to know how you guys connect with people that make music too? Like in real life. None of my friends make music and it's kinda lonely to do it alone. I'm actually at the point where I don't want to do it anymore because I can't really relate to people.
Stay away from the net and 'social' media.

Go to venues and gigs and talk to ppl face to face. Everyone knows someone...

AnX wrote:Stay away from the net and 'social' media.

Go to venues and gigs and talk to ppl face to face. Everyone knows someone...
+1. Also, hang out around music stores and anything else related to music and its production. Put out ads and fliers. We are legion; just look and you'll trip over a guitarist wearing a sign that says "Will play guitar for groupies." (I can't be the only one! :hihi:)
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Surely there are some jams, workshops and meetings in your area. I've never been to karaoke, but someone suggested that.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”