NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wish it would let me do 100% feedback.
I wonder is it a zero delay network phaser?

Cinebient wrote:I wish it would let me do 100% feedback.
That will be coming in the €44 upgrade to Phasis GT in a few months! :lol:

lnikj wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I wish it would let me do 100% feedback.
That will be coming in the €44 upgrade to Phasis GT in a few months! :lol:
The true is if that would be like the upgrade from Replika to Replika XT i would buy in a heartbeat. Replika XT is still my favorite delay and in the last years there was mostly a bigger version of the gifts.

AnX wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:The sSnford phaser is mediocre and outdated. Phasis is cool and fresh.
Opinion, not fact.
Says the guy who is still happily using 32-bit SynthEdit plugins from 2001.

If an opinion is true, then it is closer to 'fact' (it cannot be fact itself). If false - on the opposite end of the spectrum. Let me give you an example: I'm of the opinion that you are a dog. Or, better still: you are of the opinion that SynthEdit plugins from 2001 are equal, if not better, in sound and qualities to modern plugins.

Do you realize NOW that you are a troll and what you are doing in this thread is trolling?

Where's the popcorn when you need some....

ghettosynth wrote:
glokraw wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
glokraw wrote:Me :hyper: ? nevvvah...but

I've never seen 'User-Tracking-Enabled' printed in their ads or on a gui.
I'll bet most of their first-time customers won't even know it exists.
It's sneaky. Few people like sneaks.
Here's a pro tip for you: Expect sneakiness from corporations. Always check the options of any license manager.
Beyond that, Native Access is slow and buggy, even the serial-number paste
process failed a few times, in a stock win-7 pro, with a decent internet
connection. Sanford Phaser installs the first time, sans the iso-driver,
sans the internet connection, sans the graphics issues.
Ah, iso driver, because you don't have it installed to read .iso files. It's not a conspiracy, it's really a nice feature to have on your windows machine. I'm not sure why all the crying. NI uses .iso files, it's not that big of a deal. Some vendors use .zip files, e.g., Sanford. So if you don't have a tool for that then you'll have to install that as well.

Now, as far as Sanford phaser, LOL! Nice that it's free, but it's pretty pedestrian and 32 bit only. Turn the feedback up and you can hear how outdated it sounds. Phasis sounds fantastic by comparison.
This new iso driver was not around or needed when I installed Form from an iso,
so it's just NI adding new and unnecessary cruft.
You haven't at all made the case that it's unnecessary. Nothing additional was installed on my system so unless you have some specific detail it sounds like it's just a support requirement. If you don't like the zip example then you can think of it like any of the VC++ support libraries that get installed, or any of the thousands of chained dependencies that get installed when you install particular software in linux.
I never use heavy feedback in a phaser,
as it replaces sublety with repetiiitiontiontiontiontiontion
I didn't say that you had to use it, I said turn it up to make it obvious how weak the Sanford phaser is.
, and 32 bit is not
an issue on 400 k plugins.
For you. It is an issue for many. There's no way that you going to spin this. You sound like lazer trying to tell everyone that synth1 is as good as anything else out there today. The sSnford phaser is mediocre and outdated. Phasis is cool and fresh. If you don't want it, don't install it, but it doesn't make NI evil because the install bugs your luddite tastes.
As you know, linux package managers prompt the user to first consider a list of
dependencies that are about to be added, updated or removed, so you can
choose, yes, or no. And when a given install won't be possible,
the package manager tells the user why, and what is needed to succeed.

Based on your assumptions that your system is the center of the universe,
and your tastes, and experiences invalidate all others, the hyperbole flows,
and you resort to name calling, even inferring I called NI evil, and asserting that
I don't want or like Phasis.
Well done! Makes me want to phase some ska trombones.
I really wonder if the NI recognize the cost of the complexities
they impose first on themselves, and then on their customers,
just to release an effect plugin.
I do hope they follow up Phasis with a pro version,
as successfully as they've done with the recent Replika gift.
Cheers

sfxsound3 wrote:
AnX wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:The sSnford phaser is mediocre and outdated. Phasis is cool and fresh.
Opinion, not fact.

If an opinion is true, then it is closer to 'fact' (it cannot be fact itself). If false - on the opposite end of the spectrum. Let me give you an example: I'm of the opinion that you are a dog. Or, better still: you are of the opinion that SynthEdit plugins from 2001 are equal, if not better, in sound and qualities to modern plugins.

Do you realize NOW that you are a troll and what you are doing in this thread is trolling?
I'm all for better tools, but tools that made the hits of the 70's,
80's, 90's, and even up to the moment in 2014 when Synthedit was
officially banned from Kamp Kool, those old tools all can still be used to great effect.
Noisey garbage can be output from even the most hallowed software/hardware.
Likewise, what marketeers will call obsolete, is as capable as ever, when used
skillfully, creatively, and musically. Both oldie and indie music are streamed
and broadcast, but not because of needless complexities. I downloaded
my decrepit old Repro-5 earlier, (and that without some hyped up manager app)
and I'm hoping someone releases a Cobwebs and Dust skin for it, so I can
fully immerse myself in the historic ambience of unplanned obsolessence.

glokraw wrote:
As you know, linux package managers prompt the user to first consider a list of
dependencies that are about to be added, updated or removed, so you can
choose, yes, or no. And when a given install won't be possible,
the package manager tells the user why, and what is needed to succeed.
As you know, windows install routines don't always do this. Seriously, you're way bent over nothing. It's a dependency. Windows is not linux. Windows will often install, e.g., the VC++ runtimes without asking. This is completely a function of the installer. My point was that you haven't presented any evidence yet that it wasn't necessary. I brought up linux to show that dependencies ARE often necessary. It's not a comparison between the two on how they choose to interact with the user. You can't ask the average Windows user if they want to install a dependency, your support costs will go through the roof. This has nothing to do with "my system." I cited my system only to demonstrate that the experience of a few isn't everyone's experience. I'm simply pointing out that you are way too eager to think the worst of NI because they don't align their commercial efforts with your worldview.
I really wonder if the NI recognize the cost of the complexities
they impose first on themselves, and then on their customers,
just to release an effect plugin.
They don't care about your opinion, and nor should they. Your whining is out of proportion to reality. The installer installed a few dependencies, so what? The installer isn't as fast as dragging and dropping a dll, so what? The alternative that you pointed out is a piece of shit by today's standards and isn't even generally available anymore. In fact, AFAIK, softpedia may not even have the legal right to distribute it. There's a better phaser in Reaktor if you want a simple alternative.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

exmatproton wrote:Where's the popcorn when you need some....
There you go :tu:
popcorn.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

glokraw wrote:
sfxsound3 wrote:
AnX wrote:
Opinion, not fact.

I'm all for better tools, but tools that made the hits of the 70's,
80's, 90's, and even up to the moment in 2014 when Synthedit was
officially banned from Kamp Kool, those old tools all can still be used to great effect.
Complete bullshit. The hits of the 70s were made with analog electronics. There's nothing wrong with Synthedit per se. How many times does it have to be explained that analog modeling has improved dramatically over the last few years and older tools that don't take advantage of this are easily outclassed today.

I had missed the free Replika when it was offered but bought it later and since then it is my "go to" delay besides Waves H-Delay.

Just received the serial for Phasis and installed with Native Access without problems.
FWIW I deactivated usage data collection in the preferences of Phasis.

Overall the Phasis plugin seems to to sound quite nice (just checked with a synth strings patch in Repro-5) even if my favorite Phaser plugin still is Big Rock from ArtsAcoustic. The GUi of Phasis is resizable which is a nice option too. Currently using it in Wiindows 10 64-bit with Live 9.7.5 64-bit.

Might also be interesting to check Phasis with the new Arturia Clavinet V or with my own Repro-5 Clavinet patch i created recently. A combination with the Replika Delay might be nice there too.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Nice phaser, bit of overlap with MPhaser but does stuff I found difficult to replicate with the Melda.

Also, lol at these entitled little shitsticks and uhe shills.

Does anyone know the recommended official route for contacting NI support? I've never ever managed to get a reply in the past. I appreciate this is a freebie, but they never replied to my problems with Kontakt Ultimate either when I followed the links on the website.

You can post a new issue, which is what I've always done, but they just seem to disappear into a black hole. Sometimes another user replies, but never heard anything from NI ever. Is support just non-existent, or am I contacting them wrong?

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

sjm wrote:Does anyone know the recommended official route for contacting NI support? ...

Take a left turn as you exit Berlin airport. Walk for 20 Kilometers. You'll come to what looks like a dead end. Ask anyone there. :tu:
Last edited by Aloysius on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”