PaulXStretch plugin (1.2.4, February 26th 2019)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PaulXStretch

This plugin is based on the PaulStretch algorithm/standalone app. (Paul's Extreme Time Stretch.)

No manual or demonstration video exists at the moment, but some information follows :

The plugin is only suitable for radical transformation of sounds. It is not suitable at all for subtle time corrections and such. Ambient music and sound design are probably the most suitable use cases.

The plugin can either load an existing audio file from disk to process or it can capture audio from the plugin inputs. (The capture mode is started/stopped with the "Capture" parameter.)

The plugin will require the DAW audio engine to be running on the track it is inserted on. How that is achieved in various hosts is specific to those hosts. Some hosts will just immediately start running the plugin, in other hosts one may need to record/input monitor enable the track or something else needs to be done.

I have tested that the plugin loads and runs in :

Windows : Reaper, Ableton Live Lite, FL Studio, JUCE plugin host, Plogue Bidule (VST).

Mac Os : Reaper (VST), Ableton Live Lite (VST), GarageBand (AU), Plogue Bidule (VST).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads :

https://xenakios.wordpress.com/paulxstretch-plugin/

Source code hosted at :

https://bitbucket.org/xenakios/paulstre ... n/overview

Screenshot :

Last edited by Xenakios on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Yeah!

So far every fader does what it is supposed to do (or at least what I think it should do). ;)

Reaper / Win10 / 64bit / no pets

Can't believe it's finally in 'my' DAW now. :love:

AWESOME!

elassi wrote: Reaper / Win10 / 64bit / no pets
I would have been quite disappointed if it didn't run on Windows Reaper... ;) (Though I haven't actually lately tested it that much in Reaper.)

Yep, you're right, comes across like blasphemy... (shame on me).

The excitement, you know. ;)

Thank you, xenakios.

The combination of PaulXstretch followed by the Drop (both modulated) is nothing less than sensational! :party:

Wow thanks!

Working fine in Live 10 beta in Windows 10.

This is DAWsome! Your choice of parameters and ranges let me systematically get good results. Thank you so much. In MuLab/OSX 10.11, it works well to Import a wav or to Capture audio. Compared to the standalone, the consistent 2-column layout, and the signal chain design (!!) are easy to read. A few related suggestions: group parameters in signal chain categories, name consistently (e.g. octaves), and show units of measure when appropriate.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Woah, awesome! Just yesterday I was reading for the first time about there being a VST version of PaulStretch in the works, but I certainly wasn't expecting this to be released yet! Thanks! :hyper:

This is the best Christmas present I could get!
one thing I noticed is when changing the FFT size the buffer starts from the beginning, I dont know if that's an inherent function or a mistake. Just pointing that out.

Thank you !

and maybe it makes more sense if the number of harmonics goes from off to max num and from there to min. to make the jump less steep.
you know what I mean> ?

Brilliant!

Works great in Bitwig Studio 2.2.2 on Windows 8.1 x64 too :-)

Is there a way to make it sync to the transport control, so that it stops when the DAW is stopped and starts from the beginning when the DAW starts from zero? I guess that falls under the "operational issues" heading ;-)

Thank you very much, this is awesome!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Did some quick testing on Live9 Win7 and did not find any bugs or unusal behaviour.

Big thanks for this!

Return to “Effects”