u-he Repro (Repro-1 & Repro-5) released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
12006 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:57 am

dune_rave wrote:Like Repro-5. I've found 1-2 piano sounds that are super cool :)
Not exactly a piano but if you are interested then at my free Repro-5 patches thread in the U-He sub-forum i had posted a Clavinet patch and today also an organ patch:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=30

I am currently doing a few piano patches too. In the past I had done some piano patches in several analog style synths (and also with other synthesis methods).
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
16901 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:00 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:Compared to Mulab, Reaper seems a total failure in terms of user friendliness.
Takes a bit of getting used to. To me, Mulab is too slow to work with.

User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12001 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:03 pm

himalaya wrote:Click on the green 'FX' button.

This got me too when I first tried reaper...not use friendly at all. I know.
Ah, thanks :) It is blue here by the way.

But it seems that Reaper causes a much lower CPU load than Mulab. Just tried half a dozen pad sounds, 4-note chords use around 10%.
Multicore support doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have set Repro to 8 threads (as I have a 4-core processor).

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
13261 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:06 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:
himalaya wrote:Click on the green 'FX' button.

This got me too when I first tried reaper...not use friendly at all. I know.
Ah, thanks :) It is blue here by the way.

But it seems that Reaper causes a much lower CPU load than Mulab. Just tried half a dozen pad sounds, 4-note chords use around 10%.
Multicore support doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have set Repro to 8 threads (as I have a 4-core processor).
Wait, how do you set Repro to a specific number of threads? Is this something you have to do in control panel?

Cinebient
KVRAF
3610 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:07 pm

wagtunes wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
himalaya wrote:Click on the green 'FX' button.

This got me too when I first tried reaper...not use friendly at all. I know.
Ah, thanks :) It is blue here by the way.

But it seems that Reaper causes a much lower CPU load than Mulab. Just tried half a dozen pad sounds, 4-note chords use around 10%.
Multicore support doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have set Repro to 8 threads (as I have a 4-core processor).
Wait, how do you set Repro to a specific number of threads? Is this something you have to do in control panel?
Preferences

User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12001 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Yes, Preferences, the last option on that list...

dune_rave
KVRian
1142 posts since 23 Jun, 2006 from Hungary

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Yeah, not a piano, but thanx :) I usually save all patches I can find for my u-he synths.
Ingonator wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Like Repro-5. I've found 1-2 piano sounds that are super cool :)
Not exactly a piano but if you are interested then at my free Repro-5 patches thread in the U-He sub-forum i had posted a Clavinet patch and today also an organ patch:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=30

I am currently doing a few piano patches too. In the past I had done some piano patches in several analog style synths (and also with other synthesis methods).

User avatar
Yorrrrrr
KVRian
671 posts since 25 Sep, 2011 from Cartagena - Colombia

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Regarding the Multicore Threads setting, Urs told me the following:
Urs wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:Hello. I have built a new system with an Intel Core i7 8700K, 6-core 12-threads CPU. Does it make sense to switch the 'Multicore threads' setting from 4 (default) to 6 then?
Don't change it unless you need to. If you still experience performance problems, say, if you have 5 or more instances open, try reducing the number or expanding it.

The tradeoff for fewer cores is more work on those cores but overall less CPU. The tradeoff for more cores is overall more CPU consumption due to the house keeping, even though each core gets to work less.

However, with 6 or more cores a machine is usually powerful enough to not expose any perceivable difference between the settings.

User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
12006 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 pm

dune_rave wrote:Yeah, not a piano, but thanx :) I usually save all patches I can find for my u-he synths.
Ingonator wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Like Repro-5. I've found 1-2 piano sounds that are super cool :)
Not exactly a piano but if you are interested then at my free Repro-5 patches thread in the U-He sub-forum i had posted a Clavinet patch and today also an organ patch:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=30

I am currently doing a few piano patches too. In the past I had done some piano patches in several analog style synths (and also with other synthesis methods).
That thread is open to everyone for posting their free patches (that one is not about commercial patches/sets...) so there are also patches from others there not just my own ones.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

egbert101
KVRAF
2069 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 pm

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
No rest for the wicked.

User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12001 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Well, I suppose I would have to read the manual :P

But yes, it seems very solid, not a single audio hiccup so far, unlike with Mulab yesterday.

Sylenth1 doesn't even register on the Taskmanager's CPU meters :hihi:

User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12001 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:57 pm

I am really impressed now, seems a lot of my problems had to do with Mulab. Now my Ryzen doesn't even switch to full speed and yet Repro only uses 8% with chords of that CK Trill 7th patch I tried yesterday on Mulab. And of those 8% 4% don't have anything to do with Repro as they persist after quitting Reaper. It's probably my browser, mail and chat programs :hihi:

User avatar
braj
KVRAF
9090 posts since 5 Feb, 2004

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Reaper tip: dragging and dropping from the fx browser window into the track area to create a new track takes care of all the routing and makes your instrument ready to play. For me Reaper is as easy to use as Studio One ever was. Anyhow, the performance improvement alone makes it the best host for working with demanding plugins for my system.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
1631 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:22 pm

I haven't read the full thread but those who have CPU issues, one thing to check is that it isn't CPU throttling by windows. You need to make a Power Profile which sets the minimum and maximum Processor State under Processor Power Management to 100%. The CPU throttling causes all sorts of issues when using a DAW etc... Without this the CPU is underclocked whenever possible to save energy and will jump up and down constantly.

I think there is already a High Performance Plan set up for this but I'm not sure as I've edited all of mine. You can use CPUID CPU-Zor similar programs to verify which rate your CPU is currently clocked at.

I'm sure most people on here know this but it's worth a mention just in case.

oh and Repro-5 is a beauty!

egbert101
KVRAF
2069 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Re: u-he Repro (Repro-1.1 & Repro-5) released

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:44 pm

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
No rest for the wicked.

Return to “Instruments”