Ableton 9.1.4 and NI Komplete 11 compatibility

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have questions about Ableton Live an NI:
1. I bought and installed Komplete 11. Once I tried using it, it seemed like Ableton didn't see it. I know I did it correctly. Is it possible that my DAW (9.1.4) is too old and I have to reinstall it to a newer version?
2. I know backward compatibility doesn't exist but I have to ensure myself - will I have all my projects safe if I update Ableton to 9.7?

Big thanks.

Native Instruments, instruments and effects require the .dll 's found in the VSTPlugin's folder

For instance..
C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

To be copied to the VST folder of the Daw you are using. In this case, the Abelton Live VST folder.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

There were big changes to the way Live works with vst's in various point-updates for Live 9.1.X There were also some incompatibility issues caused by the 9.2/9.4 updates that impacted Native Instruments and U-He vst's that had to be accommodated by those developers (probably others as well, but those were the two that were impacted on my system). So, yeah, it's possible that the latest version of Komplete may not be compatible with older versions of Live.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”