do all daws sound the same...again

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stardustmedia wrote:
toonertik wrote:Don't know...
Don't care>>>
because MY DAW sounds the best>>> OFC.....

:lol:
My DAWg barks the best 8)
I'll be your DAWg 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z54dT7RTUs

:dog:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
toonertik wrote:MY DAW sounds the best>>> OFC.....

:lol:
You use Logic Pro, also? You must do, 'cause I use it, and it clearly sounds the best :shrug:
No. I am on a proper computer... :wink:
but i have heard that Logic sounds just ok...
:shrug:

I'm going to take it one step further and say they all look the same.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Please, guys, let's have a serious discussion!

They all smell the same.

Hello, i only used cubase so i can t compare, but with the introduction of the 64bit engine, a test was made by the french website audiofanzine between the same mix made with the 32bit and 64bit engine, and the 2 mixdown with opposite phase wasnt null, so sound between 2 daw can differ at least if the audio engine resolution differs ... but to say that a daw sounds much better than another one seems to bit exagerated.. ( i tested the same project in cubase 32 bit audio engine and 64bit ...to be honest i can feel a difference more than i can hear it if that make a sense).

do all daws sound the same...again

If they sounded the same the first time, they'll sound the same again.

Yes, but do they sound the same on a mac and a pc..
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Summing 6 stereo audio stems 2444 decreasing 6dB each channel's fader

1. Magix - Sequoia, Samplitude
2. AVID - Pro Tools
3. Steinberg - Nuendo, Cubase
4. PreSonus - StudioOne
5. Ableton - Live (starting from 9.5)
6. Apple - Logic Pro X
Drumcode. Suara. Luca Agnelli's Moby Official Rmx. Robert Miles Remastering. Sony. Universal. Warner. Kontor. Feyr.
https://soundbetter.com/profiles/3918-a ... -mastering

rardier wrote:Hello, i only used cubase so i can t compare, but with the introduction of the 64bit engine, a test was made by the french website audiofanzine between the same mix made with the 32bit and 64bit engine, and the 2 mixdown with opposite phase wasnt null, so sound between 2 daw can differ at least if the audio engine resolution differs ... but to say that a daw sounds much better than another one seems to bit exagerated.. ( i tested the same project in cubase 32 bit audio engine and 64bit ...to be honest i can feel a difference more than i can hear it if that make a sense).
Did they use any plugins or processing or just audio files going straight through the mixer
Amazon: why not use an alternative

jens wrote:this dumb shit
OP says Truth in few words....
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:
jens wrote:this dumb shit
OP says Truth in few words....
in fairness jens did not intend to be the OP, this was split from another thread in hosts to prevent the inevitable derailment and train wreck ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

rardier wrote:a test was made by the french website audiofanzine between the same mix made with the 32bit and 64bit engine, and the 2 mixdown with opposite phase wasnt null
Wait ... were they comparing 32bit and 64bit builds of the same DAW and claiming there was a difference in the outputted render? If so ....... oh boy :lol:

I'm convinced that the people who are stressing about DAWs not sounding the same are probably making shitty music anyway, and are just trying to overcompensate by having the "best" tools.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”