Bigger GUI VirtualCZ

Official support for: olilarkin.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there ar plan to update it with different sizes to choose from? I use a 4K monitor and it's a bit small :)

hi jimmy

there is a plan!

Any news about a bigger GUI?

Hello,

I just released v1.1, which doesn't yet feature resizable UI I am afraid. I hope eventually to be able to update VirtualCZ with a resizable UI, but I am in the process of switching my projects over to a new framework in order to do this, and I didn't want to risk introducing new bugs for v1.1.

Best,

Oli

:pray:

Seeing this conversation was a relief. I just got this plugin because of the sale and wanting to try something different/cool. I'm really into this thing but the GUI is so tiny, I can't spend as much time as I'd like learning to program it without eye strain. Looking forward to more info on a re-sizable interface.

If I may make a suggestion... Please don't go the route that some companies are... where they want to auto resize based on system DPI settings and give the user no control over it. It ends up not working the way many users want it to. It's so much better when you can change the size as you want to, like U-He or TAL.

Most importantly, thanks for making this great plugin!

Hello,

I am just working on the VirtualCZ 1.2 update. Unfortunately for this update I still won't be able to switch to fully resizable/high DPI UI, but for those that have a problem with the UI appearing tiny I have some workarounds for different hosts. I believe the tiny GUI problem happens when you have a DPI-aware host and the system scaling is > 100%.

In FLStudio you can select "Make Bridged" and select "External window" in the plug-in processing options.

In Cubase 11 you can click an option to "Allow window to be resized". It seems this is not available in Cubase 10

In Bitwig it is not a problem, since the plug-in is bridged.

In Reaper, I don't think its possible to fix this without running the whole app in low DPI mode.

Are you tied to eaReckon for the GUI resizing implementation?

no, he just makes the bitmaps. [edit]

TBH I didn't realise exactly how small the UI is in DPI aware hosts with v1!

Is V2 a big update? Free or paid? Estimated release date?

nothing confirmed, it'll be ready when it's ready etc ...

nvm

No offense bud, but all this time and the best you can offer is a note in the manual? The need to bridge plugins and changing system scaling is a band-aid that just adds an extra layer of complication and usually results in a blurry mess. Even free plugins are supporting "drag the bottom right corner to resize" these days. Please don't take offense. I love the plugin. I'm just very adamant that plugins support user scaling these days. Not all of us are spring chickens with 20/20 vision lol

I don't know how much you know about my work other than VirtualCZ, but a lot of those new free plug-ins coming out that support rescaling/high DPI are only possible because of my efforts. Please be patient, re-sizable VirtualCZ exists already on my hard drive, but it needs some more work before I can release it. Glad you like the plugin.

Return to “Oli Larkin Plugins”