Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4970 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:07 pm

I made a big Kontakt multi of the 'Telecaster' bridge pickup from my Variax geetar so I can play stuff using my plastic YRG midi guitar thing. Seems to have turned out quite nicely after all the tinkering.

There's 3 round robins, 4 velocity layers each for the sustained instrument. 3 other articulations - mutes (using the excellent fake round robin script from http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... pt-in.html to give a bit of variety), natural harmonics, and some muted strums/scrapes/noises etc. Keyswitches from c0-f0 to swap between them. There's also a release noises layer which you can obviously mute if it's irritating.. :hihi: I've also included a 'fake 12 string' patch using the Kontakt factory humanise script which is quite nice, if not totally authentic.

Here's some piss poor stuff through the TH3 free version amp sim to demonstrate;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/che ... donkey.mp3

And here it is;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mBEEqF ... sp=sharing
Technical gubbins....690 samples, 189mb download (400mb uncompressed).

Jangle on...

resynthesis
KVRist
373 posts since 17 Sep, 2007 from Planet Thanet

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm

That sounds pretty good to me, ta! Coincidentally, I just unearthed my YRG for my 4 year old to fiddle with.

How are you liking the Variax?

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4970 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:12 pm

resynthesis wrote:That sounds pretty good to me, ta! Coincidentally, I just unearthed my YRG for my 4 year old to fiddle with.

How are you liking the Variax?
Really like it. As a guitar itself it's quite playable (I think the 'standard' one I've got is based on the low/mid range Yamahas) and pretty well made, and bloody heavy. At first I was a bit underwhelmed with some of the models; the Les Pauls leap out at you etc, but stuff like the strats and teles took me a bit of getting into, probably because every guitar I've ever had has had humbuckers (old metel bastard roots..). Getting well into them now though. The workbench software is really good too - 12 string Les Paul with ES175 pickups..... :lol: sort of works! I'd been doing a lot of programmed stuff recently, but have got well into playing again, much to the delight of the neighbours....

GameSounds
KVRer
10 posts since 17 Nov, 2017

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Dont know if this one has been added, but there it is:

Keypleezer - Livingroom upright piano (exs24 (pc/mac), logic pro, mainstage, garageband (mac))

http://keypleezer.com

There´s a free version out for all with a mac. I think you can load the exs24 in others too, like kontakt and other samplers, like in reaper etc.

User avatar
melomood
KVRist
327 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:26 am

donkey tugger wrote:I made a big Kontakt multi of the 'Telecaster' bridge pickup from my Variax geetar so I can play stuff using my plastic YRG midi guitar thing. Seems to have turned out quite nicely after all the tinkering.

There's 3 round robins, 4 velocity layers each for the sustained instrument. 3 other articulations - mutes (using the excellent fake round robin script from http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... pt-in.html to give a bit of variety), natural harmonics, and some muted strums/scrapes/noises etc. Keyswitches from c0-f0 to swap between them. There's also a release noises layer which you can obviously mute if it's irritating.. :hihi: I've also included a 'fake 12 string' patch using the Kontakt factory humanise script which is quite nice, if not totally authentic.

Here's some piss poor stuff through the TH3 free version amp sim to demonstrate;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/che ... donkey.mp3

And here it is;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mBEEqF ... sp=sharing
Technical gubbins....690 samples, 189mb download (400mb uncompressed).

Jangle on...
Sweet

fumemusic
KVRer
27 posts since 5 Dec, 2017

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:55 am

rastsound.com

lots of freebies and tasters!

User avatar
thomekk
KVRAF
2449 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:19 am

Numanoid wrote:A great Kontakt utility made by Rattly & Raw :tu:
The Simpler Sampler lets you drag samples onto the mapping editor and edit them individually from the GUI without the need for creating multiple groups (much in the style of certain old school samplers). It's ideally suited for untuned samples or sound fx but can work well with the right choice of tuned sounds too
http://www.rattlyandraw.com/the-simple-sampler.html
thx!
Funniest presentation video :lol:
"New Album" YouTube
music has become meaningless...

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4970 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:39 am

And another..

Due to various shite I haven't done any actual music for a bit (a bonus for humanity). In the odd bits and bobs of time I have had I've been recording various samples and working out how to use Kontakt a bit better - still a long way to go (scripting..mental??!) but getting there.

Put some new strings on my old battered acoustic (selling this well, good job it's free..) and decided to sample it properly this time. It actually has quite a nice sound (in a battered, lived in kind of way...), even though it plays like a dog.

Anyway, it may prove useful to someone other than me.

A quick short demo (excuse my playing on the plastic midi guitar) with the default, fake 12 string, and fake stereo patches (no external effects etc);

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... wonder.mp3

Here's the files;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MfGuW5 ... sp=sharing

The keyswitches (C0 and D0) toggle between the picked sustain and muted sounds - I might add some fingerpicked samples at some point if I have patience to do the sampling; sausage fingers do not lend themselves well to it... It's 207mb uncompressed, 102mb on disk, and the samples are split into 5 random round robin groups with 3 velocity layers in each.

Thanks to these very clever people for the free scripts I used;

http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... pt-in.html
https://normalsounds.com/blog/random-ro ... scripting/

User avatar
ere2learn
KVRAF
1561 posts since 3 May, 2014

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Prophet 6 Drums from Goldbaby

Early Christmas present from Goldbaby. 232 x 24bit wav drum samples created using my lovely Prophet 6 synth and some tasty outboard. Happy holidays!
http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/freestuff.html

User avatar
soundbylaura
KVRian
630 posts since 14 Nov, 2014 from Atlanta, GA

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:44 am

Don't let me buy any more ethnic winds.

heyheycnv
KVRist
60 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 am

ere2learn wrote:Prophet 6 Drums from Goldbaby

Early Christmas present from Goldbaby. 232 x 24bit wav drum samples created using my lovely Prophet 6 synth and some tasty outboard. Happy holidays!
http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/freestuff.html
So what do you load these into?

In Reaper I have Addictive Drums, Druminator, Mt-Power Kit and Cassette drums (606/808/909) that I use for my midi drum samples.
I also have a very large collection of drum machine samples that I have only used with Jonas drum replacer.

User avatar
U-o
KVRian
1052 posts since 16 Nov, 2011 from CZE/SVK

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

FL Studio Producer Edition
+ Native Plugin Effects, AudioThing Frostbite, Sanford Reverb, Sonic Anomaly Transpire, Tritik Krush, Valhalla Vintage Verb
+ Harmless, Podolski, TripleCheese, Tyrell N6, Zebralette

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23219 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm

heyheycnv wrote:
ere2learn wrote:Prophet 6 Drums from Goldbaby

Early Christmas present from Goldbaby. 232 x 24bit wav drum samples created using my lovely Prophet 6 synth and some tasty outboard. Happy holidays!
http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/freestuff.html
So what do you load these into?

In Reaper I have Addictive Drums, Druminator, Mt-Power Kit and Cassette drums (606/808/909) that I use for my midi drum samples.
I also have a very large collection of drum machine samples that I have only used with Jonas drum replacer.
Load them into a sampler/ sample player plugin. I use the Drum Rack or Simpler in Live. There are some free ones out there.

More free stuff in my sig ...

User avatar
analogmatt
KVRer
24 posts since 2 Feb, 2016

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 am

Image

Here's a new Free library of 600mb+ Toy Keyboard/Casio loops recorded through a Sound Blaster card:
https://audiokitpro.com/free-toy-casio-loops/
AudioKit Pro. Open-Source iOS & MacOS Audio Toolkit: http://audiokitpro.com

sl1914
KVRist
460 posts since 24 Feb, 2008

Re: Free samples, sample-players, and where to find them

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:57 am


Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”