SynthMaster v2.9.7 Beta released with 50 new hardstyle presets by Fragment Audio

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Greenstorm33
KVRist
405 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:40 pm

I deleted the data folder and the red lines were still there for me as well (hence my post about getting rid of them over in the kv331 forum). They appear to be less noticeable in the default skin, but are still there in full force in some of the others (like whatever that red skin is called).

User avatar
zenophilix
KVRian
759 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Still experiencing the license key issue here. Last night I spent a good 5 minutes waiting for a Live set to open without realizing the license key window had opened in the background. :dog:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

User avatar
waltercruz
KVRAF
1610 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:08 pm

In OS X, it's possible to make the scrollbars of preset browser follow the scroll settings of OS? I'm using Scroll Direction: Natural.

OK, I found the setting: "Is mouse wheel reversed?". But it's not just easier to follow the settings of the operational system and not clutter the interface with another other option?

lolilol1975
KVRian
541 posts since 6 Dec, 2015

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:45 am

Holy shit, a single instance of SM 2.9.6 takes 750Mb of RAM on Reaper !!
Dune 2 takes less than 30Mb.

What's going on here ?

zzz00m
KVRian
1421 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:43 pm

lolilol1975 wrote:Holy shit, a single instance of SM 2.9.6 takes 750Mb of RAM on Reaper !!
Dune 2 takes less than 30Mb.

What's going on here ?
Not sure. I see SM 2.9.6 standalone taking 567MB of RAM, with an init preset.

With SM 2.9.6 as a VSTi plugin with an init preset in Reaper, I show Reaper using 633MB. If I delete the single track with SM, Reaper drops to 120MB. So that looks like the SM plugin is using about 513MB.

By comparison, SM One only seems to use 263 MB with an init preset.
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

Dasheesh
KVRAF
2819 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Hint: SM oscillators ... and probably reverb and other aspects (unsure), are samples.

User avatar
zenophilix
KVRian
759 posts since 21 Apr, 2016

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:47 pm

Think I just found a solution to the license key issue - it was read only. Whoops.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

kv331
KVRAF
5474 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:08 am

zzz00m wrote:
Not sure. I see SM 2.9.6 standalone taking 567MB of RAM, with an init preset.

With SM 2.9.6 as a VSTi plugin with an init preset in Reaper, I show Reaper using 633MB. If I delete the single track with SM, Reaper drops to 120MB. So that looks like the SM plugin is using about 513MB.

By comparison, SM One only seems to use 263 MB with an init preset.
I'm gonna look into this guys. Yes I confirmed that the first instance takes 760 MB. However, subsequent instances take 40 MB.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

User avatar
_TIP_
KVRist
88 posts since 21 Jan, 2008 from New York

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 am

kv331 wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Not sure. I see SM 2.9.6 standalone taking 567MB of RAM, with an init preset.

With SM 2.9.6 as a VSTi plugin with an init preset in Reaper, I show Reaper using 633MB. If I delete the single track with SM, Reaper drops to 120MB. So that looks like the SM plugin is using about 513MB.

By comparison, SM One only seems to use 263 MB with an init preset.
I'm gonna look into this guys. Yes I confirmed that the first instance takes 760 MB. However, subsequent instances take 40 MB.
In my case, few instances of sm2 pushing my ram to 100%. As I mentioned in a previous post, I think synthmaster 2 loads all the user and stock wavetables and Sfz multisamples (wav-aif files) in the ram, instead of just reading those files from disk and just load what ever is used by the preset in the ram. Bülent, I've sent you 3 support tickets about 2 weeks ago, not sure if you received them...

_TIP_ wrote: 01. RAM overload
Synthmaster 2 becomes unusable after installing my personal Wavetable & SFZ collection in my documents folder, seems that loads "everything" in the RAM instead of just loading what ever sound (Wav, Wavetable, SFZ) is in use.
Image

02. MultiStage Envelope still out of sync
The MultiStage Envelope is still out of sync when you hold a long note (like 30" or so...), please check the *.png file below showing that the rendered audio file doesn't sync with the grid.

Image
03. Layer 1 mutes when Layer 2 dry level is up in the layer sends tab
There is no sound coming out from Layer 1 when Layer 2 "DRY" level is in positive value in the layer sends tab and all bus sends are in 0 value. Please see the pic below. Thanks!
Image

Win10 Home 64bit, Reaper v5.70 64bit

kv331
KVRAF
5474 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:05 am

_TIP_ wrote:Bülent, I've sent you 3 support tickets about 2 weeks ago, not sure if you received them...
Yes I received them and they are in my todo list.

I will address this memory issue after I return from NAMM, sometime in Feb-March timeframe.

FYI: SynthMaster does not read all waveforms/wavetables/samples when the first instance is loaded. those resources are loaded when a preset that uses them is loaded or when the user uses the oscillator waveform/wavetable display to go through waveforms/wavetables/samples. The problem is SM doesn't release unused resources, I have to figure out the right way to do that without causing any crashes that might occur due to parallel executing of UI/audio threads.

This is something I have to fix in February because hopefuly in March we will release SynthMaster One iOS, and on iOS RAM is very limited so this is a showstopper issue.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

Enkerli
KVRist
79 posts since 31 Jan, 2017

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:08 pm

kv331 wrote:
_TIP_ wrote:Bülent, I've sent you 3 support tickets about 2 weeks ago, not sure if you received them...
Yes I received them and they are in my todo list.

I will address this memory issue after I return from NAMM, sometime in Feb-March timeframe.

FYI: SynthMaster does not read all waveforms/wavetables/samples when the first instance is loaded. those resources are loaded when a preset that uses them is loaded or when the user uses the oscillator waveform/wavetable display to go through waveforms/wavetables/samples. The problem is SM doesn't release unused resources, I have to figure out the right way to do that without causing any crashes that might occur due to parallel executing of UI/audio threads.

This is something I have to fix in February because hopefuly in March we will release SynthMaster One iOS, and on iOS RAM is very limited so this is a showstopper issue.
Very important point. We tend not to think too much about RAM, on iOS, but it’s a very important limit, especially for musicking. Even with a few too many pages open in Safari, it can cause issues.
Really hope you can optimize your synths’ RAM usage. Even on macOS, it can make a pretty decent difference.
The issue is, though, it’s one of these things which require a lot of testing, which might delay the release… or make it much more controversial. As you can tell from forum.audiob.us interactions, iOS musickers aren’t particularly forgiving in terms of those memory issues.

User avatar
_TIP_
KVRist
88 posts since 21 Jan, 2008 from New York

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:47 pm

kv331 wrote:
_TIP_ wrote:Bülent, I've sent you 3 support tickets about 2 weeks ago, not sure if you received them...
Yes I received them and they are in my todo list.

I will address this memory issue after I return from NAMM, sometime in Feb-March timeframe.

FYI: SynthMaster does not read all waveforms/wavetables/samples when the first instance is loaded. those resources are loaded when a preset that uses them is loaded or when the user uses the oscillator waveform/wavetable display to go through waveforms/wavetables/samples. The problem is SM doesn't release unused resources, I have to figure out the right way to do that without causing any crashes that might occur due to parallel executing of UI/audio threads.

This is something I have to fix in February because hopefuly in March we will release SynthMaster One iOS, and on iOS RAM is very limited so this is a showstopper issue.
I mentioned that SM2 loads all user and stock sounds (Wavetables & Sfz Multisamples) in RAM, because when i deleted my personal library, SM2 used at least half of the Ram resources for every instance i would load. Thanks for your reply and enjoy your time at NAMM, please keep us posted with some pics or videos if you get a chance!!!

glokraw
KVRAF
6588 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Happy to say the Synthmaster 2.9 and Synthmaster ONE 1.6 are both working
in linux, in both linux Reaper, (with the plugins wrapped as native linux vsts,
by LinVst) and in the windows Reaper run in wine-staging.

The usage improvements over 2.8 and 1.x are quite obvious,
the preset browser works, no screen flashing in 2.9, and it's
fun to use the 1.6 midi-out to play the 2.9 soundsets.
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Niowiad
KVRist
267 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:34 am

Sorry guys, I have a couple questions about LFOs features in Synthmaster2.
I had a look at the manual but still not sure about a few things...

1. I'm not sure about the difference between VLFOs and SLFOs... I suppose I know what "voice" means, but can't really get a grasp on when to use one and when the other. Any practical example?

2. The envelope (Delay-Attack-Release) for the VLFO works as I'd expect. The envelope for SLFOs doesn't seem to have any effect on the signal. Tried that on few different target parameters. Am I missing something?

3. Whats the use for the "Final" knob? Can't hear any difference when using it and maybe I'm doing it wrong. Any example?

Thank you very much

jestermgee
KVRer
5 posts since 30 May, 2017 from Australia

Re: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player updated to v2.9.6

Post Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:45 pm

I have just updated SM2 to the latest 2.9 version and have quite a few issues with "Missing Sample Definitions" See attached image.

If I click OK the sound appears to work fine but I am not a big user of SM2 so I have no idea how it happens or how to fix it yet.

I have read that many of these issues were suppose to be fixed but seems I have dozens of issues mainly with non-factory presets.

What is the easiest way to fix? I am trying to generate NKS files for Komplete Kontrol but these errors are slowing things down.

Also previously in v2.8 the "Easy Macro" controls exposed their actual tags to the host but in 2.9 these now just appear as "Easy1....Easy8". Any possibility this could be fixed to how it was under 2.8 where the actual name of the control would appear in the host (important for Komplete Kontrol). Without that they will just be static "Easy" tags.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”