Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

correct. You don't need internet connection to activate Avenger. This post was bs

msvs wrote:correct. You don't need internet connection to activate Avenger. This post was bs
I bs not. One needs internet acess to activate a first install: either on the workstation either another computer with internet access.

Generally speaking, this is a risky business model for users: if something goes wrong, and the dev stops support one can't, as a legit user, to use the product on a new computer.

Ingonator wrote:While Avenger has a dedicated Supersaw/Multisaw feature i just got amazing sounds when using Hypersaw samples i had created from a Virus TI MK1 desktop before i sold it back in 2015 (sampled at different detune amounts). As those are raw sustained and looped samples they could be used for all kind of sounds within the Avenger synth engine. Most of them are quite long (more than 30 seconds) so i rarely need the sample loops while using them.
Nice it would be nice if you share them with all of us :) thanks

sircuit wrote:
msvs wrote:correct. You don't need internet connection to activate Avenger. This post was bs
I bs not. One needs internet acess to activate a first install: either on the workstation either another computer with internet access.

Generally speaking, this is a risky business model for users: if something goes wrong, and the dev stops support one can't, as a legit user, to use the product on a new computer.
yes, then its correct: it can be ANY computer with Internet, Avenger itself does not need an Internet connection on startup or during register, sorry I thought he spoke of such a post - that was what I meant, not wanted to offend you in any way.

While Avenger has a dedicated Supersaw/Multisaw feature i just got amazing sounds when using Hypersaw samples i had created from a Virus TI MK1 desktop before i sold it back in 2015 (sampled at different detune amounts). As those are raw sustained and looped samples they could be used for all kind of sounds within the Avenger synth engine. Most of them are quite long (more than 30 seconds) so i rarely need the sample loops while using them.
Yes I also used many supersaw samples, but I really advice to keep them around 4-5 seconds and x-fade loop them over 2-2,5 seconds. You wont notice the loop, 30 seconds bring no advantages, instead this uses A LOT MORE Of RAM

msvs wrote: that was what I meant, not wanted to offend you in any way
Seriously, you can't offend me whatever you'd say. I appreciate too much your presence here and your work, even though I am not in the "Manuel-is-always-right fanclub" which seems to be developed here lately to be offended by anything you may say, even though I can seem harsh at times.

I have to agree, finding the current way of copy protection non-optimal for customers. The argument is very valid, if the software will be discontinued in 10 years, it will be a pain to keep it running or even impossible. It already is, if you installing it to different computers, or updating hardware components. 3 running copies per user also is not enough. For example I run macos and windows on one workstation, macos + windows on the other. Then I have 2 notebooks, one macbook, one sony.

Very non-optimal also is the way of registered hosts - You simply cannot see in the Vengeance backend, what computers are registered currently. This is really a bummer. Lately I had such license problem (running out of maximum of 3), and Rene asked me to give him the code of the host I want to unregister. But of course I don't know that code anymore... How should I know.

IMHO you guys should overhaul the licensing backend with at least providing these additions:

- List registered hosts (by computer name + used code), including functionality to unregister it and newly register another host

- Print the version number on the downloads (mouse over does not show any file link). Also provide the version before.

- Increase the number of usable codes at once to 5

Thanks for consideration.

we are working on a system, where you can acitvate / deactivate certain computers yourself, but this is time consuming and quite complex. btw that the product is suddenly "discontinued" is very unlikely. Even if thats the case some day, we would release a copy protection free last update of course.

- Increase the number of usable codes at once to 5
no, sorry. I think 3 is already very generous, when most others do 2 or even 1. The misuse would just be too high

I bought Avenger and I'm really diggin it! Trust me guys, at that price you cannot go wrong.

But I got a few questions, forgive me if those already been asked couple of times in this 400 pages monster thread:
- How can I combine patches? I tried copy & paste on the oscillators but it doesn't seem to copy all settings, not even the wavetable. I'm talking mainly about sound designing my own patches, not about combining factory sounds. E.g. I want to add a Stab I created earlier to a new patch I'm working on, combine both sounds...
- Will there be parallel filters? *please* :)
- Is there a guide to CPU? It seems a bit random to me, I'm an experienced Falcon User, but Falcon to me seems more predictable about CPU usage. E.g. I wanna save CPU, I reduce the VCS count - but it doesn't do much. Then I add just an LFO parameter modulation - CPU goes up. In Falcon it's pretty much "More Voices More CPU".
- Standalone app planed? *please* again
- I'd really need Midi PC (program change). I've read it's not there cause loading times are "unpredictable" - well I'd say leave that problem to the user, I can program the PC-Event to preload. Please, this would be amazing!!

Really great job, shoutout to the dev(s), loving this synth factory.

msvs wrote:we are working on a system, where you can acitvate / deactivate certain computers yourself, but this is time consuming and quite complex. btw that the product is suddenly "discontinued" is very unlikely. Even if thats the case some day, we would release a copy protection free last update of course.
Thx, good to know! :lol:

hollyWorse wrote: - How can I combine patches? I tried copy & paste on the oscillators but it doesn't seem to copy all settings, not even the wavetable. I'm talking mainly about sound designing my own patches, not about combining factory sounds. E.g. I want to add a Stab I created earlier to a new patch I'm working on, combine both sounds...
Well, you can't copy modulations. If Patch 1 uses Osc1, Arp1 & ModEnv1 and Patch 2 uses Osc1, Arp1 & ModEnv1 pasting
the Osc1 (with all modulation) from Patch 2 to Osc2 in Patch 1 will result in all sort of conflicting/overwriting stuff.
You can only copy the Oscs within the same patch, but you can't add from an existing patch to a new patch.
hollyWorse wrote: - Is there a guide to CPU? It seems a bit random to me, I'm an experienced Falcon User, but Falcon to me seems more predictable about CPU usage. E.g. I wanna save CPU, I reduce the VCS count - but it doesn't do much. Then I add just an LFO parameter modulation - CPU goes up. In Falcon it's pretty much "More Voices More CPU".
Somehow the CPU usage varies also according to the GPU needs, as the entire GUI is "live". Different people with different PC's report different things so that's for you to experiment. Worth checking the CPU usage with GUI open and then with GUI closed.

For GPUs like Intel, it would be maybe helpful to provide a "Non-Retina/Non-4K" Option, so it will be displayed as FullHD on 4K, resulting in 4 times less effort for the GPU, and doubled pixels.

msvs wrote:Even if thats the case some day, we would release a copy protection free last update of course.
I don't want to be a dick but let's be realistic here: that's not going to happen. At least history has thought us that. Not a single company that has said this has delivered. Not. A. Single. One.

Every company that has suddenly stopped or gone bankrupt has left it's users hanging.

So yeah, please don't promise stuff you can't keep.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

msvs wrote:...
Avenger, since its quite feature loaded, is a huge project for us (1 man makes all the code, 1 man the rest). We work very hard to make everybody happy, because we both totally LOVE Avenger. Its MY personal dream synth, and we will continue for years to make it better and better (means no other new products in that time).
Thank you guys for your hard work and I believe that this year we are going to see some new ways how to make sounds in Avenger we haven't seen before keep up the good work :tu:

It's a shame that the "multi" samples only is sampled in the C E G# keys!

There are some really nice samples but all other keys sound 50% muddier/smeared/LP Filter

What kind of algorithmic "pitch" engine does Avenger use? It feels like it's better quality in other engines?

For now I can't use almost none of them because of this dull sound.

Is there hope for an updated engine?

I wouldn't mind buying the rest of the samples if they were available even if they take up much space!

Is there a way to create a pure perfect stereo pink noise in Avenger?

Return to “Instruments”