Electric Universe for Electra 2 by Touch The Universe (150 Presets, 100MB, and FLP) New Demo Tracks

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPJtHky2mXE

What's up guys. I'm working on the Electric Universe soundset for Electra 2 with love and hope for release soon. In the meantime, I'd like to share some audio showcases in this thread and fill in all the details about the soundset as this project develops.

The more time I spend with this synth, the more enthusiastic I'm getting about it. The sheer quality of sound and palette available for sound design is outstanding, the later almost limitless. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite synths to work with in sound design. The hypersaw unison, fx, and filters are all brilliantly done, all wrapped in a 4 layer synth that can import samples, wavetables, and vocode, to say the least. It is great fun to work with.

I also plan to do some tutorials in sound design for Electra 2 when I find the time, which I'll also be happy to share in this thread. In the meantime, here are some audio showcases demonstrating some pads, atmospheres, and other soundscapes.

https://soundcloud.com/touch-the-univer ... scapes-and

*******Update *******

The Soundset is now available in two versions ( one including just presets, the other MIDI and FLP as well) :party:

Soundset Breakdown

$25 Version
  • 120 patches (over 300 individual layers)
  • 100MB expansion with wavetables, multi-samples, and attacks
  • 2 FL Studio Project Templates
  • 24 MIDI Files (over 70 merged patterns)
$20 Version
  • 120 patches (over 300 individual layers)
  • 100MB expansion with wavetables, multi-samples, and attacks
http://touch-the-universe.com/electra-2-expansion.html
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:47 am, edited 28 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Morphogenic Choir - A Hybrid Blend of Samples and few types of synthesis in Electra while experimenting with some cinematic type chord progressions -- mainly shifting between major and minor triads on the same key with a few dominant sevenths here and there :)

https://soundcloud.com/touch-the-univer ... ic-choir-1
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

i like the demos and your other soundsets, so i'm really looking forward to this... :tu:

Thank you very much :) It's been a little while since I released a soundset so I'm very excited about this release :tu:

TTU Youtube

A few more details.

Soundset will have atleast 128 presets, upwards to 200. Most of the presets will be mult-layered so the real number of sounds could easily be 3 times this amount :D There will also be a high number of wavetables included and multisamples, not counting quite a few really nice attack samples :D

4 Part multi Pluck - 2 Ice Layers, Short Pluck Pulse, and a reverse Pluck.

https://soundcloud.com/touch-the-univer ... uck-uplift

TTU Youtube

Nice sounds in there! 8) I got almost all your packs from the charity auction TUC. Would like to buy this one when my finances have recovered. :hyper:

Thanks surreal :D It was a pleasure in the auction 8)

News update: I am shooting for around 85 -128 presets to keep the cost of the expansion down. I'm also thinking of including most, if not all of the midi files from the audio showcases and maybe a FL Studio project template. I can also do a studio one project file as well, but will consider this a bit more.

TTU Youtube

Some complex multilayered and modulated key pad soundscapes and arps :D All sounds come from one instance of electra 2, mostly using the modwheel or automating layers on and off.

https://soundcloud.com/touch-the-univer ... -showcases

TTU Youtube

3 more multi-layered pads and atmospheres. Each stream uses only one instance of electra while automating the modulation wheel and sometimes switching the layers on and off :D

https://soundcloud.com/touch-the-univer ... spheres-ii

TTU Youtube

Added four more sounds in the above playlist :D

The soundset is coming along quite well. Over the weekend, I'm hoping to finalize the rest of the presets (adding modulations) and to stream the rest of the showcases. Hopefully, on Sunday I plan to release the soundset :tu:

TTU Youtube

TTU Youtube

The sounds themselves are very nice, just, kind of a tip (if you accept it from someone who probably has much less skills than you :)): Your sound demos always sound a bit static, and repetitive. It would already help, if you'd just play some different note or chord the second time you play the sound. That would surely already give much more variety. Again though, the sounds themselves are great, and the use of reverb is spot on as well, so, rather take that as some constructive critic purely about the sound demos.

chk071 wrote:The sounds themselves are very nice, just, kind of a tip (if you accept it from someone who probably has much less skills than you :)): Your sound demos always sound a bit static, and repetitive. It would already help, if you'd just play some different note or chord the second time you play the sound. That would surely already give much more variety. Again though, the sounds themselves are great, and the use of reverb is spot on as well, so, rather take that as some constructive critic purely about the sound demos.
Nice of you to join in chko71. Thanks for your kind words and feedback. I love constructive criticism of all kinds. It is always welcome and helps me evolve faster. Adding more harmonic variety could never be a bad thing, so sure, I will keep this in mind for future showcases, especially if I plan on doing a lot of automation as they tend to be longer streams and it's probably a good idea to change up the chords at the same type as the sound is evolving with automation. While the chord is the same, the sound is constantly changing in a pleasing way. When in sound design mode, I tend to start designing from one or two chords. I like it this way as I can focus on the sound itself without too much distraction from drastic changes in chord progressions.

The more complex showcases usually take the longest so they are often uploaded last as I spend considerably more time on them. I try to have atleast 70 percent of all patches have showcases, which is quite a lot of work. Having beautiful and interesting chord progressions for each of them though might be beyond the scope of the project, timewise :hihi: I don't think it will be too much trouble though throwing in more variety though more often :wink: Things will improve quite a bit too once I'm able to play the keyboard as long as I want. I'll try to have a video walk through where I can show off some of my growing keyboard skills, though I can usually only play for 30 minutes at a time until my back heals entirely (might be too much info).

TTU Youtube

The video above of the soundscape arp was actually taken out of a composition excerpt I'm finalizing.

Though the arp is pretty simple and not too much movement, is just a piece of a larger song, which is still too early to share, but is okay I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/touch-the-univer ... tion-draft

I wrote this is Orion which uses a pattern based system of composition. I usually spend a few hours composing dozens of patterns and when I'm done, I copy each pattern twice on the playlist just so I printed out all I wrote composition wise. I then listen, go back, remove some pattern repetitions, add adjustments, etc. At this moment, I'm still at the just copy every pattern on the playlist to listen. I still plan to change things up, so might be repetitive at parts :)

TTU Youtube

What is the release price gonna be?

Return to “Soundware”