DDMF Metaplugin v3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Metaplugin

whyterabbyt wrote:
beingmf wrote:Just tried the demo with 4 instances of Nebula / 4 bands of a 1073 EQ.
Oversampled the chain sounds *completely* different from the original sampling rate. Any insights why this happens?
Probably - because one of the plugins is doing calculations which rely on hardcoded values related to an expected sample rate instead of actually checking what the sample rate actually is?

No this is not the case of bad/wrong plugin. There is a problem in Metaplugin. Any plugin i throw inside of Metaplugin and when i press oversampling and then PDC is making DDMF Metaplugin doing same weird behavior. Tested in two different DAW.

Like (example) i throw in Soundtoys Effect rack, i add few plugins and then press oversample. then Press PDC and i get (recalling from memory just as an example there was different value again this is just example) 512 samples of delay. If i press PDC again i get 1024 (yes just by pressing PDC again). If i press it third time i am getting 2048 samples of delay. Yes just by pressing PDC button three times.

Today i was getting even weirder situation. I think i throw Slate VMR and one 1176 plugin in VMR. I pressed oversampling (i work at 44khz) but Metaplugin reported 0 latency to my host. Wow. oversampling enabled with zero latency great. It's just that i know oversampling with zero (0) latency is impossible in today universe so it must be Metaplugin acting weird. I know for a fact that oversampling was enabled since aliasing disappeared under Voxengo Span but still it was reported by Metaplugin as a 0 latency. And since it did not reported latency to my host and there was obvious delay in a track caused by oversampling - that track would always lag behind other tracks.

As i see it it is great plugin it really is but oversampling and PDC feature need some bugfixing.

I am confused about he Metaplugin behavior on the 32 bit plugins. I primarily bought it for the 32/64 bit bridge.

Two 32 bit only plugins Dreamscape and Filter Bank Pro have major issues. Hard to get them to work and every time I open Metaplugin I have to do it over again. I tested them in Bidule 64 when I attempt close Bidule it crashes.

Some of the plugins mention the 64X others do not. Some include both on the list other not.
Scan VST plugins means all the none VST3 pluigns?
So what is the Bridged VST plugins? I messed with several possibilities but did not hep my issues.

Metaplugin64 is really cool! I just purchased it recently on sale to use to bridge 32-bit plugins in 64-bit VST(i) hosts. I have been struggling with it though.

On Windows 10, I loaded the 32-bit Aquest Vocalizer VST plug-in into Presonus Studio One as a bridged 32-bit VST plugin via Metaplugin64 v3: https://www.a-quest.com/products/vocalizer_en.html

I noticed that Presonus Studio One would experience regular moments of unresponsiveness while using the bridged 32-bit VST plugin. When I looked at the CPU performance in the Windows 10 process monitor, it appeared to me that the particular CPU core that was communicating with the 32-bit bridge process was stuck waiting on suspended threads; while this was happening, Studio One was unresponsive. Does Metaplugin64 v3 have any known issues when running bridged VST plug-ins within DAWs/vst-hosts that optimize for multiple cores?

Also, does anyone know how to make all of the bridged VST's parameters show up as automatable parameters in Studio One? I was only ever able to get one single VST parameter to show up as an automatable parameter in Studio One, and the method I followed seemed kludgy at the time.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

kmonkey wrote:
Like (example) i throw in Soundtoys Effect rack, i add few plugins and then press oversample. then Press PDC and i get (recalling from memory just as an example there was different value again this is just example) 512 samples of delay. If i press PDC again i get 1024 (yes just by pressing PDC again). If i press it third time i am getting 2048 samples of delay. Yes just by pressing PDC button three times.
I know the way the PDC button works is very counterintuitive, I should probably get rid of it. It was added following a request by a single user to be able to set his own arbitrary PDC value, i.e. regardless of what the actual delay of the loaded plugin chain would be. But actually, what happens is when you press the PDC button, the value in the PDC field (which you can change manually) is added to the "real" PDC. For almost all intents and purposes, I recommmend to leave the PDC button untouched, as the correct PDC value is being set automatically.
kmonkey wrote: Today i was getting even weirder situation. I think i throw Slate VMR and one 1176 plugin in VMR. I pressed oversampling (i work at 44khz) but Metaplugin reported 0 latency to my host. Wow. oversampling enabled with zero latency great. It's just that i know oversampling with zero (0) latency is impossible in today universe so it must be Metaplugin acting weird. I know for a fact that oversampling was enabled since aliasing disappeared under Voxengo Span but still it was reported by Metaplugin as a 0 latency. And since it did not reported latency to my host and there was obvious delay in a track caused by oversampling - that track would always lag behind other tracks.

As i see it it is great plugin it really is but oversampling and PDC feature need some bugfixing.
It's not true that you cannot have zero delay oversampling, in fact Metaplugin is one of the many counterexamples. I assume your delay came from Voxengo Span's FFT buffer which should double in size when using 2x oversampling.

tonedef71 wrote: Also, does anyone know how to make all of the bridged VST's parameters show up as automatable parameters in Studio One? I was only ever able to get one single VST parameter to show up as an automatable parameter in Studio One, and the method I followed seemed kludgy at the time.
I don't have Studio One (I'm using Logic), but did you use the parameter mapping feature?
Basically, it's done via the two menus in the upper left corner of Metaplugin.
You select "param. 1" in the first menu, then you select in the second menu the original name of the parameter of your plugin that you want to be mapped to Metaplugin's "parameter 1"; then you do the same for "param. 2", "param. 3" and so on.
After that, you should see all the parameters you want in your DAW automation and they can all be automated.
It works very well for me here.
I'm a big fan of Metaplugin!
The 32 bit bridge is also working very well here (Logic Pro X on Mac). It even allows to use a complex interface like that of the Cameleon synth (by Camel Audio).
Anyway, if you make a list of the plug-ins that have problems when used in Metaplugin and send it to them, they will be happy to look into it and try to find a solution. I did it.

XComposer wrote:
tonedef71 wrote: Also, does anyone know how to make all of the bridged VST's parameters show up as automatable parameters in Studio One? I was only ever able to get one single VST parameter to show up as an automatable parameter in Studio One, and the method I followed seemed kludgy at the time.
I don't have Studio One (I'm using Logic), but did you use the parameter mapping feature?
Basically, it's done via the two menus in the upper left corner of Metaplugin.
You select "param. 1" in the first menu, then you select in the second menu the original name of the parameter of your plugin that you want to be mapped to Metaplugin's "parameter 1"; then you do the same for "param. 2", "param. 3" and so on.
After that, you should see all the parameters you want in your DAW automation and they can all be automated.
It works very well for me here.
I'm a big fan of Metaplugin!
The 32 bit bridge is also working very well here (Logic Pro X on Mac). It even allows to use a complex interface like that of the Cameleon synth (by Camel Audio).
Anyway, if you make a list of the plug-ins that have problems when used in Metaplugin and send it to them, they will be happy to look into it and try to find a solution. I did it.
Thank you for the reply. I did map two parameters, Param 1 and Param 2, to parameters X and Y in the Aquest Vocalizer plugin. Unfortunately, Studio One would only acknowledge Param 1.

How should I contact DDMF support?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

You could use the contact form on their website:
https://ddmf.eu/contact/
or write to support@ddmf.eu

XComposer wrote:You could use the contact form on their website:
https://ddmf.eu/contact/
or write to support@ddmf.eu
Thanks for the contact info! :tu:

is there a changelog for metaplugin updates? I requested sinc interpolation oversampling and am wondering if it got implimented, the oversampling in 3.1.0 sounds a bit different to me...

I bought Metaplugin a few days ago and overall I'm very impressed.
However, somewhat peculiarly, it fails to load one of my VSTs at all (it freezes the screen white and stays like that until I close my DAW).
In fairness the VST in question isn't anything which I would class out of the ordinary with regards to throwing a spanner in the works (the plugin is bx_bassdude: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... sdude.html ).
Even stranger, perhaps, is that all the other VSTs by that company, brainworx, load fine in Metaplugin :?

As such, I was wondering if any of you other Metaplugin owners have had an unusual situation where only one or two of your many plugins fails to load for unfathomable reasons?

Cheers,
DW

Yes, it may happen for a lot of reasons… In my experience, I contacted them (see above for contact information) and told them which were the plug-ins with problems (including links to find them), and they answered they will try to find the reason and improve the product as much as possible.

Cool - thanks, I'll drop them a line.
Glad it wasn't just me having issues with some plugins :phones:

quick thing to mention

if anyone is thinking of loading PC VST plugins in Metaplugin on OSX..

it won't work..but Metaplugin,for some odd reason, recognises .dll as something to be able to drag and drop
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:quick thing to mention

if anyone is thinking of loading PC VST plugins in Metaplugin on OSX..

it won't work..
well duh.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

spoiler alert - doing the reverse won't work either.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”