The Revolutionary & ReVisional Design Of Propellerheads Reason 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I'd neck myself if I had to use that as my DAW. Cluttered and disorganised with just FAR too much going on. I feel I'd spend half my time looking for whichever control I needed and swearing a LOT.

jacqueslacouth wrote:I think I'd neck myself if I had to use that as my DAW. Cluttered and disorganised with just FAR too much going on. I feel I'd spend half my time looking for whichever control I needed and swearing a LOT.
You can make any daw you use cluttered and disorganised, but the point of the illustration is to show as many of the new features and elements ( along side existing ones ) that could possibly be available, even at the minimal of resolutions. You obviously wouldn't use Reason in this way if you didn't want to, in a practical sense. You would have full control of what's visible, and alternate methods in which to interact with the interface if it were real.

There's a ton of things Reason lags away in, when compared to other daws, so I added them and came up with some new things never seen before.

It's an old project, and I've really in the past 4 years barely used the Reason 7 version I own since moving to Presonus Studio One.. and that's probably because a lot of what I have illustrated, just isn't there.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

chk071 wrote: I use a DAW to make music. You paint imaginary pictures of how your vision of a DAW should look like, but which will never become true. That's cool, but, i just don't see the point. What is the benefit of posting those pictures? Why not do a custom GUI for Reaper, for example?
Well, my vision did make it to Reason 9 when it came to colour, and the imagery I created and posted publicly on Reason related forums was long before it's release :wink: ....Props didn't manage to go the whole hog with the SSL mixer.. but I'm pretty sure that will come.

As for Reaper skins, I thought about it in the past, however I felt that the time and effort wouldn't be worth it, because of the old legacy code restricting and spoiling whatever I ultimately created visually.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

No resemblance whatsoever lol
Amazon: why not use an alternative

i hope you were paid handsomely for your efforts!

Don't quit your day job.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

In 2014 I made a Photoshop graphic of what I wish Reason would look like in the future.

In 2018 I started a forum topic to brag about my Photoshop graphic.

Pretty amazing, huh?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:In 2014 I made a Photoshop graphic of what I wish Reason would look like in the future.

In 2018 I started a forum topic to brag about my Photoshop graphic.

Pretty amazing, huh?
How exactly does the OP want everyone to reply to a thread like this?

It just looks like a "Feed my ego" request the way it's titled.
:borg:

When I was 5 years old I looked up at the night sky and I told my friends...

"You know, there's probably more stuff out there..."

So I got my crayon box out and drew some more planets and stuff and sent it to NASA and told them...

Lo and behold, now we know that there's more stuff out there.

I am personally responsible for the deep space program. Bow down to me. You're welcome. :lol:

Einstein 'aint got nuttin' on me. :hihi:

Just a screen grab taken from the 3Dbuzz site I linked to.. to show the modular aspect....Cleaner, less busy... and with Native Instruments Razor to one side, hinting at VST implementation in Reason.

:dog:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

looks way too busy for my liking, but then....whatever floats your boat. :idea:
Music is the language of the soul.

The best music comes from the heart of the performer or composer.

LawrenceF wrote:When I was 5 years old I looked up at the night sky and I told my friends...

So I got my crayon box out and drew some more planets and stuff and sent it to NASA and told them...

Lo and behold, now we know that there's more stuff out there.

I am personally responsible for the deep space program. Bow down to me. You're welcome. :lol:

Einstein 'aint got nuttin' on me. :hihi:

:o
you deserve a nobel!

I think you give yourself way to much credit .
..smells like egomania
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

THE INTRANCER wrote: Well, my vision did make it to Reason 9 when it came to colour, and the imagery I created and posted publicly on Reason related forums was long before it's release :wink: ....Props didn't manage to go the whole hog with the SSL mixer.. but I'm pretty sure that will come.
Honestly, I can't see any similarity... and I'm glad. If Reason would look as your pictures, I think nobody would use it.

For start, you use way too much colors - it just hursts, and make everything to look clutter (it is cluttered, but even if it wasn«t it would look cluttered because of excessive colors and strong contrasts.

Then you have buttons EVERYWHERE. You have buttons on top, you have buttons on bottom, you have buttons on the left, and on the right. Even in the middle of the screen. Really, that would be a total mess.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”