Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Holy bananas! You and u-he have changed my perception of ITB plugins. :D

I still think my hardware is very useful, but ITB plugins do complement it very well now. Good times! :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Still no word on having the full pitch bend range of the mpe spec? Can’t use in Bitwig without it.

Richard_Synapse wrote:We updated the registered version of The Legend to v1.21 today, adding support for the Sustain pedal.

Richard
Thank you very much Richard 8)

Richard_Synapse wrote:We updated the registered version of The Legend to v1.21 today, adding support for the Sustain pedal.

Richard
Thank you very much Richard 8)

BONES wrote:
v1o wrote:I started going to see bands in 1979 and I have never, ever seen a MiniMoog on stage
I saw Yes at Wembley Arena in 1976 (Going For The One) and 1978 (Tormato), both when Wakeman was still with them, so am guessing I would have been in the presence of a MiniMoog (or two) without realising it at the time. Also, would Kraftwerk have been using them on the Computer World tour (1981)?

(...awaits someone with an equipment list for those tours to pipe up) :hihi:

Gear list on Relayer Tour 1974 - 1975

"According to Forgotten Yesterdays Tourbooks section,
this is Patrick's gear for the Relayer tour:

Hammond C3 organ,
Fender 73 & 88 pianos,
2 String Thing Synthesizer,
3 minimoogs,
D6 Clavinet,
2 EMS AKS. Synthesizers,
2 mellotrons,
ARP PRO Soloist,
Rhythm Ace drum machine,
2 Binson Echos,
Alpine Horn,
Electronic Slinky,
Grand piano,
Electric Harpsichord."

http://www.yesfans.com/archive/index.php/t-38262.html
https://www.yessongs.nl/06-Relayer.html
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Still no word on having the full pitch bend range of the mpe spec? Can’t use in Bitwig without it.
Do you mean responding to some MIDI RPN message to set it from a controller or do you mean simply increasing the max +/- range on the back panel to 48 semitones? I presume you mean the latter, this is not really related to MPE specifically though (it would work with any MIDI controller).

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

redlester wrote:
BONES wrote:
v1o wrote:I started going to see bands in 1979 and I have never, ever seen a MiniMoog on stage
I saw Yes at Wembley Arena in 1976 (Going For The One) and 1978 (Tormato), both when Wakeman was still with them, so am guessing I would have been in the presence of a MiniMoog (or two) without realising it at the time. Also, would Kraftwerk have been using them on the Computer World tour (1981)?

(...awaits someone with an equipment list for those tours to pipe up) :hihi:
I thought Wakeman left after Topographic Oceans in 73 ... Patrick Moraz was with them on the Relayer tour in 74.

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Still no word on having the full pitch bend range of the mpe spec? Can’t use in Bitwig without it.
Do you mean responding to some MIDI RPN message to set it from a controller or do you mean simply increasing the max +/- range on the back panel to 48 semitones? I presume you mean the latter, this is not really related to MPE specifically though (it would work with any MIDI controller).

Richard
Hi Richard,

There was some discussion here about allowing users to "Lock" certain parameters during preset changes to improve the MPE experience, namely: Pitch Bend Range, and the other MPE back panel settings. The lock functionality on the U-he synths work for just about any parameter, which is nice if you wanted to consider going that route, but an optional lock for [at least] the MPE features would be a very nice addition.

What's currently happening is I set my pithbend range and set Timbre to control filter cutoff and then change a preset and have to repeat that setup process, then change a process and repeat, and so on. Not ideal.

thecontrolcentre wrote: I thought Wakeman left after Topographic Oceans in 73 ... Patrick Moraz was with them on the Relayer tour in 74.
That’s correct, but Wakeman re-joined for Going For The One and Tormato. Moraz was only with them for Relayer.

Richard_Synapse wrote:

Richard
I mean simply increasing the bend range to +/- 48 semitones. Although controllers can change their bend range and some DAWs allow custom bend ranges to be recorded, some others, like Bitwig, expect exactly the signals as per the mpe spec, which for pitch bend range is +/- 48. So if the synth only does +/- 24 for example then any recorded pitch bends would only pitch it half as much as intended. Like you’d pitch a note up a whole note in the midi data but hear a half note bend.

That’s why 48 is necessary for true mpe compatibility.

Agreed both with increasing the PB range and being able to lock parameters individually...

Hi all,
I got a question for the owners of The Legend. Is there any online activation for the VST necessary? Or can I just simply type in the serial offline after installing and everything is running?

I already have DIVA but I am considering to buy The Legend too. Seems to be another kind of synth weapon. What do you think?

Thank you in advance. Cheers.

Both online and offline activation is supported.

Cool. Thank you.

What do you think. Is it a good addition when already having DIVA on board?

Return to “Instruments”