ASIOALL alternative?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im using energyxt which can open up in several instances. Ive been having a problem with ASIOALL? its very buggy and sometimes works, ive troubleshooted several things with little luck?

is there an alternative newer program that might work a little better before i try to spend anymore time getting this to work?

thanks

Buy an audio interface with true ASIO drivers. It's the best solution. Anything else is just a waste of time.
Fernando (FMR)

Why are you not using an audio interface with it's dedicated ASIO drivers ? Also running multiple instances of a daw, isn't generally recommended or to be practical, and it typically isn't even possible with most modern daws.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I guess the problem is having several instances of ASIO4ALL running at the same time. In my case Imitone and my DAW at the same time doesn't work well.

That said, as long as I use ASIO4ALL only with my DAW, it seems very robust, no problems at all.

zoogoo wrote:Im using energyxt which can open up in several instances. Ive been having a problem with ASIOALL? its very buggy and sometimes works, ive troubleshooted several things with little luck?
is there an alternative newer program that might work a little better before i try to spend anymore time getting this to work?
thanks
Asio in general doesn't support multi-access by different programs at the same time.....
ImageImage

WOK wrote:
zoogoo wrote:Im using energyxt which can open up in several instances. Ive been having a problem with ASIOALL? its very buggy and sometimes works, ive troubleshooted several things with little luck?
thanks
Asio in general doesn't support multi-access by different programs at the same time.....

Not true, many soundcard drivers offer multi client access.
RME for one has offered it for a long time.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

thanks
Install FL Studio, and try FL Studio ASIO.

https://www.image-line.com/downloads/fl ... nload.html

After installing FL Studio it should show as a driver option in energyXT. Its multi-client, so should be good for multiple instances. Manually delete the FL Studio install folder when you are done.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

i have an m-audio 1010lt pci. its a good card but i cant run more then 1 daw at a time. with the asioall, it allows you to merge sound drivers , but it doesnt work well, crashes a lot. should i try installing a second pci card? i actually do have an extra.

what now folks?

You still didn't explain why do you want several instances of EnergyXT open. What exactly is your workflow, and what do you need that for?
Fernando (FMR)

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
WOK wrote:
thanks

The driver determines the settings the hardware uses, right? So how can one and the same hardware use two different, say, sampling rates at the same time if two applications are set up like that?

I'm using the NI audio driver with my interface. It allows me to run Live and Sound Forge at the same time. I sometimes run a media player alongside my CD writing software too.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
WOK wrote:
thanks

The driver determines the settings the hardware uses, right? So how can one and the same hardware use two different, say, sampling rates at the same time if two applications are set up like that?
They cant, must be same sample rate and buffer
Amazon: why not use an alternative

OK, so maybe the problems would go away if all instances used identical settings :)

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
WOK wrote:Asio in general doesn't support multi-access by different programs at the same time.....
Yes, i remembered wrong. Must be "most vendors drivers don't allow multi client access".
ImageImage

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”